lol @ Cameron Bruce

praha

Can't find the article online, but Bruce said in the Herald Sun that we can still make the finals.

He must be training for captain. Three weeks in a row now there has been an article straight from him. He'll be our captain next year *sigh*

Can't find the article online, but Bruce said in the Herald Sun that we can still make the finals.

He must be training for captain. Three weeks in a row now there has been an article straight from him. He'll be our captain next year *sigh*

What he meant to say is "mathematically it's still possible".

And people wanted this bloke as next captain of the MFC

What a joke

The sooner he is gone, the better, He is the epitome of mediocrity and our soft culture.

He'll be our captain next year *sigh*

That's not even something we should joke about.

Honestly, if Bailey gives our players the responsibility of choosing the next captain again, it'll either be Bruce or Krusty the Clown.

Heaven help us all! :unsure:

Jesus, what the hell do you expect him to say?!

"No, we can not make the finals"??? Not going to happen after round 4.

Be realistic, thats giving up 4 rounds in if he was to say that. We know we won't make the finals, he probably knows it too, but I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than what he did.

Be realistic, thats giving up 4 rounds in if he was to say that. We know we won't make the finals, he probably knows it too, but I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than what he did.

I expect him to just say nothing.

What happened to the media-ban? I liked it a whole lot!

The right response would be "we're focusing on getting a win on the board, we are not talking about finals and nor should we be".

Better still, he should have said "go away I'm not talking to you".

The club has to keep the players away from the media, they are eating us alive already.

You are getting as bad as Yze Magic with your constant negative comments on Bruce. You and the other critics are completely outnumbered. Check the posts.

Yep, my old man has been saying this. IMO we need to get rid of him. Yesterday several times he was on a wing and kicked in to the centre, resulting in immediate turnovers. This from our potential next captain. Granted, all were absolutely [censored] yesterday, but i will go troppo if he becomes our next captain.

Bruce leader? Yeah right. As soft as butter and disposal so poor. He does not deserve to hold the captaincy. If that means giving the captaincy to a young player, then so be it. Not one of our senior players, who are meant to lift the team and lead the team have given a yelp in any of our matches (bar Geelong). It is these senior players that have gotten us into this position.

All Bruce does is talk. We need a leader who leads by example both off, but more importantly on the field. Bruce is never going to be the player he was back in early '05. It's time we realise this and get rid of him whilst he is still worth something. It is a harsh line and people will say we are trading away the MFC's heart with all of these trades of senior players. But it is this attitude of being content with being the nice club that has not gotten us within kooee of a premiership.

We need to harden the f$%k up. This year's supposed to be a very decent draft, lets take advantage of it and get as many high picks as we can. Help fast-track our development by getting rid of soft, poor decision makers and get youth into the side that are tough and skillful.

We're going to be down the bottom for a couple of years yet. By the time we start climbing up the ladder, the likes of Bruce, Green, etc will all be on their last legs and will be of no help to us. Get rid of them whilst they are worth something.

A hard-nosed, no exceptions type of player will come and say, "If we want to play finals we have to stop playing like dogs."

That's the truth. Coming out and saying, "We can still play finals. We have 18 chances" is bullocks. Any team that loses by 277 points over 4 rounds at any time during a season shouldn't be given the pleasure of being in the top 8 and playing finals. That statistic wreaks of mediocrity.

Colin Sylvia is our obvious next captain as he is a natural leader on and off the field

he would be a way better option than Bruce, thats for sure

You are getting as bad as Yze Magic with your constant negative comments on Bruce. You and the other critics are completely outnumbered. Check the posts.

Bobby

Id rather be in the minority that is correct and has a clue, than the majority that are a bunch of boring sheep with no idea

Hmmm... I'm not keen on Bruce as captain.

And I'm damn sick of these foolish media comments about how 'we can make the finals'. There's a reason 'just taking it one game at a time' and 'focusing on the process and letting the results come' get said so often.

It also doesn't do anything for getting people to turn up - people don't want to hear about how, in the abstract, we can theoretically accumalate enough ladder points to be in the top eight. We want to know that when we turn up next Sunday, we are going to see a firey performance from an angry side with a point to prove.

But to be a little constructive - what I want to hear from the Demons, in the media, around the club, anywhere, is what they are going to do to specifically address the real problems.

Eg.

Bruce says 'I'll be headed off now to work on my kicking'

Neitz says 'I'll be spending an hour every day doing nothing but practicing my leading and marking to work myself into some confidence and form, and I'll be bringing James Frawley and Tom McNamara along to cover me so that they get some one-on-one practice as fullback"

Then Bruce says 'Oh, well, how about I come along and practice my kicking to a lead?'

Meanwhile...

Newton says 'I'm going to visit a proctologist"

Whats wrong with promoting the club? Whats wrong with trying to get people in seats? Whats wrong with some people?

Over the past month people have stated that (not direct statements but have been justified):

- Jones from captain to a servicable player. In reality he is a 19 year old kid who is trying his guts out to hold the side up

- Bruce...crap/good/crap/good/crap/good.... Played an average two opening games (coming back from injuring, shortened pre season) has lifted, has taken on a new role of a tagging backman playing lose and is in good form in a bad side

- Brock from struggling in form and injury (2007) but will still captain the club to a dud.. Obvisously is struggling with being the number 1 midfielder and getting the tag (22 possisons first half V geelong..6 for the rest of the game after tag) but is not playing well enough for the status placed on him, is in desperate need of support.

- Davey has lost all talent.. Is obvisously not fit with ankle and is probably getting injections in his ankle also his injury to his knee last year might have slowed his pace down a little bit but he had a good game this weekend

- Garland, Weetra should never wear a red and blue gurensy... Both players have played less than 10 games and are struggling in a losing team, both are making judgement errors like the rest of the team is

- Miller is crap.. Is obvisously never going 2 tear the game apart but he will obvisously be a servicable player who can open up the forward (which is being flooded) or can be depth for the backline.

etc etc etc

It's time for us to settle down and reasses where we are at and go from there its going 2 be a long season1!

I'm sick of it, i think i need a break from this website and so do other people

Say nothing, or that were trying but down on confidance.

Not this sales speal, crap.

A hard-nosed, no exceptions type of player will come and say, "If we want to play finals we have to stop playing like dogs."

That's the truth. Coming out and saying, "We can still play finals. We have 18 chances" is bullocks. Any team that loses by 277 points over 4 rounds at any time during a season shouldn't be given the pleasure of being in the top 8 and playing finals. That statistic wreaks of mediocrity.

Correct

Our percentage is fifty and he thinks we can win two thirds of the remaining games?

It isn't a huge issue but it goes to the heart of our leadership problem: thinking about the result instead of the process that is required to get there. Bruce was ok on saturday but he just needs to talk about the next week, not september.

Forward pressure, decision making, handball skills, kicking skills, and figuring out the teams' game plan - he, and the rest, need to work on these issues before talking about September. And don't give me the 'he's just spruiking the game' rubbish. The team fixing the afore mentioned problems would put more bums on seats than any statement from Bruce.

How many of you absolute morons who come on here just to target one player actually know anything about Cameron Bruce?

Tell me, have you spoken to him? Do you have any idea if he demonstrates leadership around the club? Give some evidence of him being "soft as butter" and mediocre. As if most of your pathetic lives would stand up to the same scrutiny.

Fine, bag him for his kicking. There's plenty of evidence that his kicking leaves a lot to eb desired. But his professional integrity, softness, etc.. and such a sustained attack is totally out of line. Have you seen whether he hurts after a loss?

For mine, Cam Bruce is the opposite of mediocrity. He was picked up late in the draft (someone can help me on the number) and has extracted a lot of ability out of a guy who, at that stage of the draft, statistically fails to even have a career. He is also one of our only players who would get a game at most clubs.

So I have no problem with people calling for him to be traded - calls which are ironic given that you can only trade something with value. But back the hell off with the attacks on the man. It's insulting and reflects poorly not on Cam, but on you.