Barry Hall

Eastie Boyz

mmm?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a sickening piece of image. Can't believe I have this thug in my supercoach team! what a [censored].

If he gets less than 10 weeks for that I'll be absolutely disgusted. In my view it warrants the rest of the season off. If that happened anywhere else but on a footy field, he'd be looking at assault charges, conviction and a criminal record, which is what he deserves. Its king hits like those that kill people round the country every few weeks. Hall (and Staker) are just lucky there wasn't hard pavement or kerbing for his head to crash into.

I just keep thinking to Dale Kickett getting 9 weeks in the Demolition Western Derby of about 10 years ago. But I can't remember which incident was worse. What's Hall's previous tribunal record like?

That's a sickening piece of image. Can't believe I have this thug in my supercoach team! what a [censored].

If he gets less than 10 weeks for that I'll be absolutely disgusted. In my view it warrants the rest of the season off. If that happened anywhere else but on a footy field, he'd be looking at assault charges, conviction and a criminal record, which is what he deserves. Its king hits like those that kill people round the country every few weeks. Hall (and Staker) are just lucky there wasn't hard pavement or kerbing for his head to crash into.

I just keep thinking to Dale Kickett getting 9 weeks in the Demolition Western Derby of about 10 years ago. But I can't remember which incident was worse. What's Hall's previous tribunal record like?

He has a pretty ordinary record I believe. Regardless, I reckon the AFL may well throw the book at him. 10 weeks easy !

After watching it about 20 times on YouTube, I reckon he is looking at minimum 8 weeks!

The AFL does not want these sorts of images being seen anymore!

Young kids you want to grow up and play footy don't want to see this (altho they will cop it in the suburban based comps), but it is more the parents of the young lads who, after seeing stupid [censored] like that, stop their sons from playing footy!

The AFL will slam Hall for this!

They are already worried that soccer is taking off..... This will be a massive suspension!

In fact I have even convinced myself it will be 10+ weeks now!

He doesn't get the name "Big Bad Barry" for nothing! :wacko:

I totally agree- this is what we are facing in society- agree people are dying from king hits-David Hookes for example. Violence in our streets has been the topic for awhile. Staker has every right to sue him as well. It is a criminal offence to hit someone like that. I was shocked when I saw it- we try so hard to teach kids not to react with violence when annoyed.

It is a shame as I love watching Hall play but that brain fade needs a huge punishment. The mind set to punch as reaction will take longer to change.

The footage of Paul Roos eye balling him at half time told us what he was thinking!

What's Hall's previous tribunal record like?

Thanks to the AFL he was deemed not to have a case to answer when he whacked a St. Kilda player forty metres away from the ball in the 2005 Preliminary Final. If that was in the play then his stoush with Staker was also in the play and I'm sure the good people at the AFL will deem it accidental contact and give him .975 demerit points allowing him to take his place in the team next week.

On the other hand, a Melbourne player would get ...

LOL that is even more than i hoped for when i saw this thread....

what a loose cannon

min 8 weeks... high contact, off the ball.... he got the lot... and will get nailed on the new system

i would put 100$ on him gettin more than 4.5

Under the new system he gets 4 weeks. He has no hangover points. That's why the sportsbet line is 4.5. The AFL can send it straight to the tribunal though if it is deemed serious enough, which is what will happen.

There have been 3 incidents similar to this in the last two years. The only difference is Hall knows how to punch and Staker has a glass jaw.

He should be punished, but 10 weeks is hysteria and overkill. I maintain 4-6.

Hall will have the book thrown at him by the AFL.

Despite all of the cynical but justified comments about the AFL love-child team, the fact that it's early in the season and Sydney is already travelling well without Hall being on fire will mean that the AFL can express concern about violence in football and come down hard on Hall.

Just compare the extent to which the AFL went to have Hall cleared when he belted Matt Maguire of St Kilda in the 2005 preliminary final. With Sydney in the GF the following week, and Hall an integral part of the team, all sorts of gymnastics were executed with the rules to ensure that Hall was able to play.

This time the AFL will be ensuring that they are seen to act (thus also proving to those of us who doubted them in 2005 that the stunning acquittal was legitimate and there was no favouritism shown to Hall at that time).

I rekon he'll get more then 10.

1. It was a king hit

2. The player was knocked unconscious

3. No remorse. Actually threw his arms up pleading innocence.

4. He tried to hit him head high but missed first time round.

5. Jumper punch

He's gawwwwwn

The hit on Staker was with Hall's left. His right probably would have been even more deadly. I think the Tribunal should assess the relative impacts of the force of Barry Hall's left and right punches, and then make an assessment.

A full on right should be worth 10 weeks (like Jim O'Dea). If the power of his left is 80% of his right, then he should get 8 weeks. Obviously such an assessment cannot be undertaken until Barry's right wrist has healed. This has been estimated to be about 6 weeks.

The Tribunal needs to convene this week, but then adjourn for 6 weeks until poor Barry's wrist heals. Then it will be able to undertake the assessment, and suspend him accordingly.

He is of course eligible to play in the meantime.

Got to admit - I loved it!

I know it's a quote from 'Reg Reagan' of the ARL but "Bring Back The Biff".

Sick of seeing players who are 'athletes with some football ability' rather than 'footballers who have some athletic abilities'.

Need to have more mongrel in football - we all love a stoush! I know I do.

Moose

If Hall is the boxer people say he is then his left and right probably aren't as far apart as you are making it out to be

Fair enough - give him 9 weeks then for 90%, or 10 weeks for 100%. I just want him to be assessed after his right hand has healed.

That's a crock. If you want to see a bunch of goons bash each other up for lots of money, watch boxing.

No I want to see football played by footballers.

There are so many soft free kicks for such minor offences going on at the moment. You only have to look nastily at someone and they get a free. If you run in to protect a team mate - it's a melee! Spare me. Just touch someone in the back and it's an free. Bloody Hell!

The AFL have sanitised it so much we may as well call it soccer!

Look at Rugby and Ice Hockey - tough sports played by tough men.

From what I see on the video Staker grabs/scratches Hall on the throat with his right hand just prior to Hall punching him. Hall retaliates to that. Certainly not a reasonable response though!

Love the way Hunter hits the deck when he rushes in - LOL. Would have sh@t himself.

Moose

A king hit is where an un-suspecting victim is hit from behind. This didn't happen in this case.

Hall over re-acted to the niggling and belted him - that's not a king hit.

I am not saying he should have done it either - stupid act on Bazz's behalf.

Moose