Sylvia suspended

Grooski

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unstable punt
Team gets flogged on Saturday so Sylvia goes out on the [censored] all night?

Strikes me as someone who cares little about being an AFL player.

he's got a problem with the [censored], has heaps of form....what the pucks going on down there??

We are wasting out time perservering with this so called No. 3 draft pick.

This is a CAC misfire.

He might of ripped it up playing @ TAC Cup level with the boy's however mentally

he hasn't left the under 18's.

He simply doesn't want it bad enough

Move him on ASAP & don't give me any watch him tear us apart crap, because it won't happen.

The kid lacks respect & doesn't give a stuff

Couldn't agree more.

I've seen 3 minutes of highlights in 5 years.

The kid is too busy enjoying the social benefits of being an AFL footballer.

How much does his lack of professionalism hinder his preparation in getting his body right - considerably I suggest.

Lets see how he goes with the ladies next year introducing himself as Colin Sylvia - ex AFL footballer

Waste of a [censored] year earning us a number 3 draft pick. Surely a competant pysch analysis should have been all over this!

Guest Schtacker

all I have to say is:

How fuckin [censored] is this!!!!!!!!!!!

Was it Robert Walls that had the side take turns bashing some bloke that was a problem at the club?

This is why I would have suspended McLean as well. Hannabal is right it hurts the team and the supporters to do it but it's short term pain for long term gain. This sort of crap can't be tolerated. Especially from guys who talk about being future leaders of the club.

We've had six incidents in what, two months? Makes you wonder what was being swept under the rug in previous years. Usually a new coach means the players pull their head in and try to make a good first impression - if this is what it's like with heads pulled in what was it like before???

all I have to say is:

Was it Robert Walls that had the side take turns bashing some bloke that was a problem at the club?

Wouldn't work at Melbourne. You'd have half-a-dozen hard problem guys in the middle who'd be capable of belting the suitcase out of the softie outer ring.

Sylvia will be the next Trapper. We will CLING to him until he has one good season, maybe this year or next year... then he'll rest on his laurels until we trade him to another club, and when he goes to the dons or pies he'll dominate with a more serious culture, and a coach who'll smack him properly when he's a naughty boy.

You heard it here first...

Guest fatty
Sylvia will be the next Trapper. We will CLING to him until he has one good season, maybe this year or next year... then he'll rest on his laurels until we trade him to another club, and when he goes to the dons or pies he'll dominate with a more serious culture, and a coach who'll smack him properly when he's a naughty boy.

In his Brownlow acceptance speech, Colin will tell us all how his suspension pulled him into line and taught him the value of discipline.

In his Brownlow acceptance speech, Colin will tell us all how his suspension pulled him into line and taught him the value of discipline.

:lol:

Well put.

Hannibal is right on this. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Some people are slower to get the message than others.

The culture really needs to change from the antics of McLean, Sylvia and Carroll. Its not acceptable and DB needs to work hard to get players to take a greater responsibility for their performance. I would have thought that the pathetic and selfish performance of Pickett would have been a lesson to players. Seems not.

Its really disappointing when there are others who bust a gut at the club only to be let down by the undisciplined few.

Looks like the leadership group is really having an impact. :rolleyes:

While I am not in general support of suspending players, repeat offenders and continuing acts of unprofessional behaviour might challenge that stance

Hannibal is right on this. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Some people are slower to get the message than others.

HA!!!

H is gonna tear you a new one!!!

:D

This is why I would have suspended McLean as well.

The difference is that McLean did not break team-rules, and he did not miss a training session.

He broke the law, and the law punished him.

The more I think about this whole Sylvia incident, the angrier I get.

What makes someone think he has the right to dismiss team rules? Even worse, what makes a footballer who has done absolutely nothing in his 5-year career make a conscious decision not to turn up to a recovery session... a player who has battled injury his whole career too!

I mean either he really wants to be an AFL player, or he figures some stupid club will keep holding on to him in the hope that one day he'll grow a brain-cell or two.

All of these incidents point to players who do not respect the club, and who do not care in the least how their actions impact the team. Selfish, stupid and immature!

The culture really needs to change from the antics of McLean, Sylvia and Carroll. Its not acceptable and DB needs to work hard to get players to take a greater responsibility for their performance. I would have thought that the pathetic and selfish performance of Pickett would have been a lesson to players. Seems not.

I think what it shows is that there's probably been a "cultural" problem at the club in terms of this sort of behaviour in the past. The club is now doing something about fixing the problem. It's disappointing that players are taking so long to change their ways, but it shouldn't be too unexpected, particularly if they've gotten away with it in the past. This reflects badly on the club, and flies in the face of the notion of "professional" footballers. We're making the news, but for all the wrong reasons. I hope that there's more involved in terms of punishment than the five large and the one match, I'm more than happy that the decision is being made by the leadership group, but I also hope the DB and CC are taking these offenders aside and counselling them in no uncertain terms.

We had a crap year last year, with a pre season the same, we are a week from the first game in our 150th year and he does this, How Brain dead is he.

Im sure that Neitz and the older brigade would be doing everything possible to make sure they are ready and would be raring to go, What was he thinking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be challenging Fenech as Australia's dumbest man but at least Fenech has achieved something!!

Sylvia to date has shown us glimpses of what he may be but to date has failed to deliver but acts like a star...

after getting a pumping from the bankrupts at arden street, he has a big night out to celebrate and then misses training...

i am sick of reading about all of the off-field incidents, etc....

we reek of a lack of professionalism - yes the suspension is good but should never have to be placed in this position!!!

fed up!!

I think what it shows is that there's probably been a "cultural" problem at the club in terms of this sort of behaviour in the past. The club is now doing something about fixing the problem. It's disappointing that players are taking so long to change their ways, but it shouldn't be too unexpected, particularly if they've gotten away with it in the past. This reflects badly on the club, and flies in the face of the notion of "professional" footballers. We're making the news, but for all the wrong reasons. I hope that there's more involved in terms of punishment than the five large and the one match, I'm more than happy that the decision is being made by the leadership group, but I also hope the DB and CC are taking these offenders aside and counselling them in no uncertain terms.

Could not agree more. I suspect this may not be the last incident.

The difference is that McLean did not break team-rules, and he did not miss a training session.

He broke the law, and the law punished him.

All of these incidents point to players who do not respect the club, and who do not care in the least how their actions impact the team. Selfish, stupid and immature!

I dont see how you can seperate them. I dont think breaking team rules is any worse than significantly breaking a well known law especially where one player has stated public aspirations of being captain. Abiding by society's rules must be a team rule!

But your last comment aptly applies to Carroll, Sylvia and McLean.

This year is starting to resemble a small whirlwind turning into a big hurricane destroying what should be a great year for us.

I just dont understand... if i was talented and given the oppurtunity to play AFL, i would not act like a spoilt rock star that has had a one hit wonder...

It is just so dissapointing... i am really hurting about this year already. I can only hope that we find some character and start proving people wrong...

Guest fatty
While I am not in general support of suspending players, repeat offenders and continuing acts of unprofessional behaviour might challenge that stance

I like this suspension stuff. It cuts to the core of a player's heart. These guys live and breathe footy. It hurts them when its taken away and they also know they've let down the team.

I think its a positive.

Its the media spin which worries me.

I like this suspension stuff. It cuts to the core of a player's heart. These guys live and breathe footy. It hurts them when its taken away and they also know they've let down the team.

I think its a positive.

Its the media spin which worries me.

Maybe we're partly to blame for this.

We've been calling for the club to celebrate our 150th from the start of the season.

But in our defence I doubt any fellow demonlanders suspected that Colin could actually read?

As grazman stated, it's a cultural problem at the club. How much respect do the players have for the leadership group, when 5 minutes after an edict is brought in, it's broken? If I was DB and CC, I wouldn't just give Sylvia a bake, I'd give the whole playing group a dressing down. They are obviously incapable of self management.

The comments by Neitz are soft. Why is he disappointed for Colin?

If he could be bothered getting off the [censored] and out of the strip clubs for 10 minutes he might play more than 3 good games a year...