Paul McNamee

tallstuey

Hi folks,

I need someones help to clarify something I heard on SEN thismorning just before the 6.30 am news. Tim Watson said that Paul McNamee was on the short list (down to the last five) of applicants for an important CEO job. More after the 6.30 news and......no more said (I hate that).

1) Has anyone else heard or read anything about this? I can't find anything in the papers.

2) Were they referring to the Melbourne CEO position I wonder?

Any further input gratefully accepted as Paul handles himself very well and would be a great asset to the club if true.

cheers

Tallstuey

There is a thread that discusses this issue:

http://demonland.ugbox.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8930

Despite the rumours, I have not heard nor read anything firm on McNamee's actual interest in the role.

If the CEO recruitment process is run as comptetently as the Coach recruitment process, I dont think the press will know either way until the appointment is made.

Like we're going to read about it before its announced?? MFC have proved they can keep lids on things.

Mcnamee has confirmed he was interviewed and is interested, well according to SEN, so says a guy at work.

Also in HeraldSun/Super Footy today. I say please sign him up now. I don't hear any other names floating around.

Also in HeraldSun/Super Footy today. I say please sign him up now. I don't hear any other names floating around.

If Paul is evidence of calibur of the 4 or 5 who are on short list then this is very good news for MFC.

Guest MFC4Life

It would be a a coup, an absolute coup if we got him. A wealth of experience and an absolute magent for corporate sponsors and support groups. Imagine the connections this guy has!

what it shows is that we are leaving no stone unturned in our quest to appoint the best possible person....

this decision, along with the recent appointments to the football department will set the club up for years to come!!

with a new stadium late next year and premiere training facilities, there can be no excuses....

players must now deliver!!

If Paul is evidence of calibur of the 4 or 5 who are on short list then this is very good news for MFC.

I agree with that.

I'm itching to know who the other candidates are, but it seems like MFC has the lid tightly closed on this one (and rightly so).

If the likes of Steven Trigg (Adelaide) and Trevor Nisbett (WCE) are on the short list, I'd be happy with any of them.

Greg Denham on SEN with KB has just said he considers McNamee is "over the line" for the CEO Job

Greg Denham on SEN with KB has just said he considers McNamee is "over the line" for the CEO Job

I heard it alo. Greg said final 4 was 2 currently in Footy, Paul McN and 1 other person from outside footy. Think he said Paul was close to over the line. Wud like to know who the other 3 are . Hope this means process is proceedinh on time & decision before Rnd 1

I heard it alo. Greg said final 4 was 2 currently in Footy, Paul McN and 1 other person from outside footy. Think he said Paul was close to over the line. Wud like to know who the other 3 are . Hope this means process is proceedinh on time & decision before Rnd 1

I believe Brian Cook i still no1 on the pecking order with MaCnamee coming in 2nd. Cook is apparently very interested in the job and its got to do with another geelong staff member who was in their marketing department joining us. Either way it will be fantastic for the club

Is McNamee not under contract with Golf Australia still? How much will it cost us to buy him out of that contract, given he was poached from Tennis Australia to take that post up? And whats to stop another bigger organisation in 9 months time liking what he’s done poaching him from us, given his apparent scant regard for a binding contract.

Having said that, I’d love to get him as he’s been very aggressive and progressive and most of all successful at both of the aforementioned gigs..

Is McNamee not under contract with Golf Australia still? How much will it cost us to buy him out of that contract, given he was poached from Tennis Australia to take that post up? And whats to stop another bigger organisation in 9 months time liking what he’s done poaching him from us, given his apparent scant regard for a binding contract.

Having said that, I’d love to get him as he’s been very aggressive and progressive and most of all successful at both of the aforementioned gigs..

DD brings up some good points: paying out contracts, not sticking with contracts.

PM would bring razzataz...which we could well do with, his experience suggest he could execute the role, but would he stick it out?

Cook brings the Footy nous and a gun track record with AFL.

Interesting to see which way the Board goes.

Either way, lets get behind the new CEO

DD brings up some good points: paying out contracts, not sticking with contracts.

PM would bring razzataz...which we could well do with, his experience suggest he could execute the role, but would he stick it out?

Cook brings the Footy nous and a gun track record with AFL.

Interesting to see which way the Board goes.

Either way, lets get behind the new CEO

Does it really matter? Most people in those positions have scant regard for seeing out a contract these days. Its about job satisfaction, and I think he'd relish the challenge at Melb. And even if he leaves in a year, if he's done a good job over that time, we're ahead of where we are now.

Bring him in I say

If he is the best CEO available, and if he is as impressive as we're being lead to believe, then in my opinion the club can't afford to worry about things like that. Even if he is only in the job for 6 months, if he's such a good CEO then that's better than never having had him.

The club needs to appoint the person who is the most capable of delivering what this club needs, and in our case, the short term is every bit as vital as the long term.

Edit: TheShaft beat me to the punch :)

I believe Brian Cook i still no1 on the pecking order with MaCnamee coming in 2nd. Cook is apparently very interested in the job and its got to do with another geelong staff member who was in their marketing department joining us. Either way it will be fantastic for the club

Great news if true. Any hint to your source?