Melbourne V Richmond - Cairns Friday

Tex

I will bet you a million rupples that Wallet will go in to this match with another full side demanding a win at all cost to save his hide.

Even though it seems our plan is to play as many yougsters as possible in the preseason, i would hate to lose this games to this pathetic mob of tossers.

We really need a few players to come back into the team this week.

I have a feeling though that this was part of DB's plan, knowing that we would probably lose to the Cats in Rd 1 of the NAB Cup.

We really can't affor to lose to this rabble of a club.

I will bet you a million rupples that Wallet will go in to this match with another full side demanding a win at all cost to save his hide.

Even though it seems our plan is to play as many yougsters as possible in the preseason, i would hate to lose this games to this pathetic mob of tossers.

I have a feeling though that this was part of DB's plan, knowing that we would probably lose to the Cats in Rd 1 of the NAB Cup.

We won't get within a bull's roar of a full strength Richmond if Bailey's Irish Cream doesn't bring back at least 4 blokes and a few of our more senior blokes from last week pull their finger out.

I won't be slitting my wrists if we lose with another 10 blokes out of the side.

We only need to start being competetive &-or/winning in the last 2 prac - matches, so i'd like them to keep trialing the kids atm. My ego is not phased by trivial things like proving naught in these little games.

y would we go all the way over to cairns to play a practise match wen there could b a game in vic were there would b lots more supporters??

if we can't win this.... we have real problems :angry:

if we can't win this.... we have real problems :angry:

I couldn't care less if we win this match. Bailey appears to be playing players who have completed a full pre-season and are match ready, and is getting some valuable experience ito players who will not get a look in at R1. If that means we go in with an inexperienced side against a full strength Richmond side hell-bent on winning some pride then so be it - who cares. I support this approach and am sure we will ramp up apropriately to the real stuff - 22 rounds plus finals is a very long season.

Who cares is we win?

We have been waiting so long to have a focus on youth and thats what Bailey is doing.

obviously we will have more senior players in each game up to round one but I hope we still have plenty of youth in there.

wouldn't you rather see if McNamara or a Buckley can carve out a good game? or a Morton or Aussie?

I reckon we need to see my youngster debut this season and like Baileys style.

Why not get them out there, like we have anything to lose?

We won't win, but it will be another chance for our youngsters to get experience. I mean, who really cares (or wants) their team to win practice matches? (or the NAB Cup for that matter)?

Premiership Points are all that matters to me!

Continue to rest whoever is not 110%.

Continue to give experience to players playing in positions they have not.

Continue the youth drive. Maybe give morton a go this week.

I cant wait to Round 1! this is killing me!!!

In case anyone is interested, my young bloke will be at the game, and he has agreed to do his best effort at a match report for me, as well as an update whenever someone scores.

I will be sitting at the p.c during the game to keep everyone informed (on demonology).

If you like, i could duplicate those posts here?

I couldn't care less if we win this match. Bailey appears to be playing players who have completed a full pre-season and are match ready, and is getting some valuable experience ito players who will not get a look in at R1. If that means we go in with an inexperienced side against a full strength Richmond side hell-bent on winning some pride then so be it - who cares. I support this approach and am sure we will ramp up apropriately to the real stuff - 22 rounds plus finals is a very long season.

Absolutely Old, Before he can fix it, Bailey needs to know not only what is broken, but what he's got left in reserve and whether they'll be up to the task. Why risk your best players? You can't take anything out of the PS comp IMO. It'll all be completely different by the time the real stuff starts.

I will be sitting at the p.c during the game to keep everyone informed (on demonology).

Yes please!

Note to everyone: print this paragraph, hang it on your wall and memorize it, because you will probably never read a better explanation of what this pre-season is all about.

Thank you Old! :D

gradually get players back and work towards getting a full strength side back for round 1....

being able ti implement game plans and tactics with the majority of players in our best 22 would be an ideal result!!

The 22 who will play round one must get some practise matches in them.

You gotta get them sharp and in tune with each other and the gameplan.

Don't mind the kiddies playing Richmond but i'll like to see some players coming back for the 3rd and 4th praccie match.

In case anyone is interested, my young bloke will be at the game, and he has agreed to do his best effort at a match report for me, as well as an update whenever someone scores.

Thanks mate that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

this is the same argument as the toughness thread

do we play the seniors and risk injuries .. is similar to do we put our bodies on the line and risk injuries

theres a few pros and cons to do with these practise matches...

yes it gives the kids experience , but we should be playing our seniors , especially against a pissweak richmond so that the kids can get a feel to play with a full strengh side.. if kids are playing with kids, there wont be much expectation, playing seniors will get them to lift their game.

In 2018 no one will remember the time melbourne lost to richmond in a practise match by 100 points, but they will remember that in 2008 it was their first premiership in 44 years

Heh heh. I would imagine a lot of players will still be rested this week.

CJ will be the biggest inclusion. ;)

Possibly Robertson to miss... :o

If we win against Richmond this friday I will laugh till I fall over. We'll still be running the rookie list, no doubt about it.

We're making sure of full availability at 100% for the season proper. I'm not going to complain about it since underdone players have been my favourite gripe for years.

Having said all that, we'd be an even chance, which speaks volumes about the Tigers.

WE're waiting.

In 2018 no one will remember the time melbourne lost to richmond in a practise match by 100 points, but they will remember that in 2008 it was their first premiership in 44 years

I know the season hasn't started, but it's still too optimistic for me :P