• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Chris Connolly

Gouga

3 words regarding the hiring of Connolly

You Little Beauty

Best news I have heard for awhile.... Apart from the Bailey appointment of course!

Chris will bring Red 'n Blue passion, a fantastic knowledge of what is needed to achieve success, a strong understanding of how a financially successful club runs and also an insider's view on the WA sides!

He had issues at Freo that prevented him ever taking them to their full potential and I am stoked to have him on board at the Dees!!

Welcome back Chris and may you enjoy the ride we are all about to take!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of mine know Chris through his time at Shep. They don't barrack for or have any association with the Dees, but say Chris Connolly is one of the nicest, most genuine and funniest blokes you'd ever hope to meet - he also knows a bit about footy too. I'm absolutely stoked with the result of the process and the outcome... March on 2008.

list management refers to the negotiation of contracts and the delisting of players... Craig Cameron virtually washes his hands of the players once their name has been called at the draft table, his job mainly is to scout our drafting prospects...

very happy about this, hopefully the two CC's can get our list into some fantastic shape...

Really happy with the appointment of Chris Connolly, but part of Craig Cameron's role was list management - From the MFC website - Craig Cameron - General Manager Recruiting and List Management

Guest unstable punt
Fantastic news. Well done to the MFC for the way in which they've gone about their off-field business of late. Having someone of Connolly's experience in the position will be terrific. Bring on 2008!

great stuff I reckon

Really happy with the appointment of Chris Connolly, but part of Craig Cameron's role was list management - From the MFC website - Craig Cameron - General Manager Recruiting and List Management

Great, less things for Craig Cameron to worry about.

He can now spend even more time finding us gems like Bartram!

Too many people at the MFC are doing too many things. The more money we invest into paying different people to do specific tasks, the better things will get done and the better we'll perform on field.

Great, less things for Craig Cameron to worry about.

He can now spend even more time finding us gems like Bartram!

What a bargain for us he was at pick 60!

I'm hoping for more beauties from craig this year B)

I know we say it at the end of every season..especially the ones where we feel we've undreachieved that wqe can't wait for the next season. In some ways its been a cliche born out of the optimism of the unknown. But with the goings on at the MFC and the announcements of out new leaders I genuinely feel an air of change, for the better. Hopefully we will pick up one or two in the drafts and trades to compliment and strengthen the list.

Congratulations Gardner Harris and Co .. many of us harboured doubts that we would get a 'good' result but I think the MFC have done very well out of a professionally run process. Goals and objectives were set. The process was managed well and transparently with an outcome beyond even possibly that which the club had hoped for. This bodes well.

Cant wait for season 08.. whens the office open for next years memberships !! :) :) :)

I really think the change has started... ( either that or my knee is just acting up for nothing lol )

GO DEES !!

exciting isnt it :)

What's the one thing we all enjoy seeing CAC doing? It's him strutting his stuff come draft day. Trade week is more of a coaches role, no doubt with input from CC as head of List Management.

CAC is more involved with bringing the youth into the club, it is his forte, and it will not be diminished with the appointment of CC. No doubt CC and Bailey will voice their opinions over who they feel should come to the club in the draft, but they are more "This is who we need CAC" to which CAC will reply "well then this is our man".

For all those worried about CAC involvement now, don't be. He is an integral part of the MFC and everyone, right up to the top knows it!!!

Welcome home, Chris! I've still got the old duffle coat with the big red 22 on the back circa 1984. A bit tight nowadays! It's good to have you back!

I'm DEElighted with both Dean Bailey and Chris Connolloy. We are moving forward....now trade time and BRING ON 2008. I'm getting excited, pity it's 6 months away for us to strut our stuff!!!! :lol: :lol:

Friends of mine know Chris through his time at Shep. They don't barrack for or have any association with the Dees, but say Chris Connolly is one of the nicest, most genuine and funniest blokes you'd ever hope to meet - he also knows a bit about footy too. I'm absolutely stoked with the result of the process and the outcome... March on 2008.

He is.

He may be very useful in this years draft. The W.A. sides have had a knack of "hiding" upcoming young players in far flung local competitions, away from Victorian scouts i.e. Dean Cox.

Hopefully, Connolly will know of some talent that the Dockers &/or Eagles are nurturing for the upcoming draft.

So, looks like Caro backed the wrong pony on Footy Confidential last night.

Those egg splattered faces in the media over the recent spate of bolloxed up coaching predictions don't seem worth the slim chance of being able to say "we were first".

I mean, do the media even care that more often than not, they got it wrong? Or do they merely care they got it right eventually?

Great initiative on behalf of the club. We now have the experience we needed at the highest level (and a great Melbourne person to boot) as well as a fresh innovative coach. Hopefully our winning streak from Sunday night will continue in 2008.

Incidentally, only 3 clubs in the entire competition will go into the new season as last game winners - us, the Saints and the eventual premiership team.

Very clever thinking Jack. I wondered at first what the hell you were talking about! Winning form is good form to take into the new season and with the Bailey and Connolly combination I have high hopes for 2008. Like most people, I am delighted to see Chris get a role. However, I was not keen on him becoming our senior coach. Mr Bailey sounds good at the moment doesn't he?.

So, looks like Caro backed the wrong pony on Footy Confidential last night.

Those egg splattered faces in the media over the recent spate of bolloxed up coaching predictions don't seem worth the slim chance of being able to say "we were first".

I mean, do the media even care that more often than not, they got it wrong? Or do they merely care they got it right eventually?

Not one to really stick up for her, as i don't really care for her at all, she did say it was her opinion, not something she had heard or known, just an opinion.

Connolly is the former Fremantle coach, an 84 game player for MELBOURNEfc, and Club life member. Connolly came from Melbourne’s Under 19s to the senior list from 1983 to 1991, with knee reconstructions in 1987 and 1990. "I obviously set out to become senior coach of Melbourne, but I am absolutely delighted with this outcome."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you need to have served the club for 10 years or 200 games to qualify for life membership? Or is it purely at the clubs discretion who it gives the award to? Having said that I'm rapt at this swift appointment, welcome back to the club Chris!

Really smart move by the club.

With Connolly all the worries about the bald badgers promotion skills go out the door.

Connolly can bring in memeberships, Bailey can coach us to a flag.

CARN THE DEMONS!!!!

Really smart move by the club.

With Connolly all the worries about the bald badgers promotion skills go out the door.

Connolly can bring in memeberships, Bailey can coach us to a flag.

CARN THE DEMONS!!!!

Yeh, agree with what everyone has said. I think it's an outstanding win for the club. Profile, support for Bailey, a Melbourne person, and like Balme at Geelong, someone who has real footy experience in the position.