Christian Petracca

10 minutes ago, Storm Boy said:

I will help you out Flowergirl. Picket Fence knows Bernie Dunn and Bernie Sheedy. Bernie Sheehy coached Essendon Reserves under Kevin Sheedy and coached Fitzroy Reserves. Both Bernie Dunn and Bernie Sheehy have strong connections with the Melbourne Football Club.

I'm a bit more old fashioned and go to the people are involved inside the club. I went to the AFLW match between Carlton and Melbourne last Friday afternoon and had a quick discussion with Todd Patterson but he didn't give me much information when I asked him to get straight to the point. 

However, I did speak with Tim Lamb when we played against the Giants and had a good discussion with him during half time. But I don't come on here and tell everyone what he told me. There are so many variables will change between now until draft night. 

I get you cannot share specifics, but how did you feel walking away from that conversation? Optimistic, nervous, shocked?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MurDoc516 said:

If you told Petracca he would be playing with the likes of McAdam, Billings, Fullarton, Schache post 2021 GF win he would ask why he was traded to North.

Our recruitment has been so [censored] bad it's insane.

Other than mcadam, the others were depth player bought for a packet of chips. When you lose trac, Oliver unfit and max for parts no team can sustain that ... can you imagine pies without nick and pendles and a few others ...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I remember Goody kept on telling us that Jackson was staying . Supposing Tracc wants out that is sending a message to other players not to come to this club. Roffey and Pert must step in before we go back to the dark ages. 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Um his dad is connected to Norf..... GO FIGURE!

I can’t wait to see Trac, Clarry, and Viney on the park next year so DL can finally see how truly full of [censored] you are 

• Like 1
  • Clap 3

10 hours ago, picket fence said:

So no wins in finals in the last 2 years and failure to make the 8 and you want to Galvanise??? No mate current admin and coach need to go! 

Agreed, there is no point staying as a certified 'also ran...' team. Time for a determined re-jig, in my opinion, casting mediocrity to the four winds, instilling a new hunger for success and vastly improved methodologies. With the correct coaching team and virile recruiting, all is possible ... and then, just then, we may retain the great Tracca and the handful of struggling talents in the batting line-up. 

10 hours ago, The Stigga said:

I reckon the players have absolutely hated playing to the recent GWS and Port crowds

So who’s fault is that?   Perform and play an attractive brand of footy and the fans turn up.  This is on the club and the players 

• Like 4
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

So who’s fault is that?   Perform and play an attractive brand of footy and the fans turn up.  This is on the club and the players 

To be fair, those games were preceded by our most insipid and uninspired performances against Freo and Bulldogs.

It was always going to be hard to appeal for a huge crowd, specially when finals were all but gone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, binman said:

Not only accept it as fact, but it also magically becomes incontrovertible proof of all that is supposedley wrong with the club.

It feels a bit like the one day stock market crash the other day that had maga so excited - finally proof of the inevitable biden/harris economic collapse they had long predicted!

Nek minnit, stocks stabilise and it's crickets.

I don't doubt tracc and his family are, or were, frustrated with how the club handled his injury.

To be honest I think it was yet another example of our poor comms and crisis management, not dissimilar to the mismanagement on the comms front (my view) of clarrys hamstring and associated noise last year

I'm hoping the new comms person sorts our issues in this space because for mine it is a recurring problem. 

But rather than allowing a tool like Morris pull my strings, I'll lean into known facts.

Which include the fact that petty, kolt, Windsor, koz, mcvee, turner, jvr, Jefferson  and langers have all signed new contracts recently.

That fact suggests it's a pretty good environment.

Perfect? Of course not. Footy clubs never are. 

And another fact is there was similar noise and hand wringing (both in the media and ondemonland), in fact much louder, about clarry leaving after our crappy 2020 season.

Ditto viney to the cats and koz to the crows.

Every season there is such noise - particularly during down years.

Where there's smoke there's rarely fire. 

I gave up worrying about losing players after Gerard Healy left. Of course I'd be gutted if we lost tracc, but I'm not going to waste a scintilla of energy worrying about it.

I was worried and still am when we traded RDB and sacked Norm 2of the greatest ever at MFC ,then the slide to hell started

8 hours ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

In your opinion what are the changes that need to be made?

22 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

image.gif.c54a973e39e1a6af3fd00f97c67d72d2.gif

I've posted my thoughts in multiple threads! The Goodwin one and the Dan Houston one I believe. 

You're welcome. 

I must be on your mind @Demonsterative! Hope I'm not giving you nightmares! 

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, middleagedemon said:

I've posted my thoughts in multiple threads! The Goodwin one and the Dan Houston one I believe. 

You're welcome. 

I must be on your mind @Demonsterative! Hope I'm not giving you nightmares! 

Do you come on here just to rattle other posters cages.You certainly appear to be a vindictive little sod

• Thanks 1
  • Clap 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Vomit 1

Having had some time to think about this overnight, it seems strange to me that this story surfaces just a few days after Petracca was seen back at training, albeit with him doing nothing more than standing around. If he was as unhappy as Tom Morris has suggested, why was he there at all?

• Like 4

How’s it go down?

tom maggot “How are you feeling about the demons season?”

CP5: “It wasn’t that great”

TM “so you’re not happy with it”

CP5 ‘no”

TM “how is it with goody”

CP5 “he’s a great bloke”

TM “OK, So do miss the chance to win a flag this year”

CP5 “of course, its why we are here”

TM “what do you reckon of those teams on it?”

CP5 “wish it was us”

turns into I this [censored] story……..

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

How’s it go down?

tom maggot “How are you feeling about the demons season?”

CP5: “It wasn’t that great”

TM “so you’re not happy with it”

CP5 ‘no”

TM “how is it with goody”

CP5 “he’s a great bloke”

TM “OK, So do miss the chance to win a flag this year”

CP5 “of course, its why we are here”

TM “what do you reckon of those teams on it?”

CP5 “wish it was us”

turns into I this [censored] story……..

Excellent, although you forgot to add:

TM: "Are you disappointed club officials didn't visit you while you were in hospital?"

CP5: "Yes, it was a lonely time"

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Can anyone enlighten me please.

i do not have access to sports shows or AFL 360 or this type.

this topic is going bananas in this thread, but is it getting any airtime on any other platforms.  Or is it a figment of imagination.

ta

7 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

One things that is irrefutable is our game style this year is shocking. So much so the unexplainable drop offs in games, lack of intensity, walk out front of stoppage style defensive [censored] actually is the playing group crying out, not believing in the game plan and method. This does make sense. 

By extension , it also does start to explain Oliver’s frustration , potentially Tracs frustration and god knows how many other players. Now none of this is proven but the talk of Viney, Trac , Oliver all in a matter of weeks is not all all made up - maybe it’s blown out of proportion- but I certainly think something stinks.

I’m confident this is not correct. 

One thing explicitly said in the report is that he’s not unhappy with Goody. 

The Viney talk is simply talk that North have thought about trying to get him, not that Jack wants to leave. 

The Oliver talk has never included “he wants out”.

And over the last few months we’ve had a stack of players re-sign. 

Bringing all of that together, I don’t think the players are ”crying out” against or “not believing” in Goody or the game plan. I suspect they do believe in it, but are struggling to execute it. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

One things that is irrefutable is our game style this year is shocking. So much so the unexplainable drop offs in games, lack of intensity, walk out front of stoppage style defensive [censored] actually is the playing group crying out, not believing in the game plan and method. This does make sense. 

By extension , it also does start to explain Oliver’s frustration , potentially Tracs frustration and god knows how many other players. Now none of this is proven but the talk of Viney, Trac , Oliver all in a matter of weeks is not all all made up - maybe it’s blown out of proportion- but I certainly think something stinks.

Olivers frustration? 
He has brought this failed season on himself has he not ? 
This off season will be defining for Clayton - does he want to be an elite footballer and justify the big $$$ or continue to be a major and frankly unhelpful distraction 

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, 640MD said:

Can anyone enlighten me please.

i do not have access to sports shows or AFL 360 or this type.

this topic is going bananas in this thread, but is it getting any airtime on any other platforms.  Or is it a figment of imagination.

ta

Apart from the initial report, Caro and Kane did a big “I told you so” about our culture on 360.  Saw the clip dont watch the show….

8 hours ago, Storm Boy said:

I will help you out Flowergirl. Picket Fence knows Bernie Dunn and Bernie Sheedy. Bernie Sheehy coached Essendon Reserves under Kevin Sheedy and coached Fitzroy Reserves. Both Bernie Dunn and Bernie Sheehy have strong connections with the Melbourne Football Club.

I'm a bit more old fashioned and go to the people are involved inside the club. I went to the AFLW match between Carlton and Melbourne last Friday afternoon and had a quick discussion with Todd Patterson but he didn't give me much information when I asked him to get straight to the point. 

However, I did speak with Tim Lamb when we played against the Giants and had a good discussion with him during half time. But I don't come on here and tell everyone what he told me. There are so many variables will change between now until draft night. 

Gee Bernie Dunn and Bernie Sheehy??? I havent seen or spoken to them for years! My source has no club connection that Im aware of but moves in vast well heeled footy circles. This person has provided reliable info, not just on Dees but other clubs as well in the past. At any rate the info I had, has now been aired on this site by another poster and as such I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said, end of story!

Edited by picket fence

I'm really tired of some people thinking the last 4 years have been a failure. We won a flag and finished top 4 two years in a row. Last year we should've gone deeper but the Brayshaw incident and poor kicking at goal cost us. Neither of those issues are the fault or Goody or anyone else other than the players.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 2