Dan Houston

19 hours ago, waynewussell said:

Dan the man seems to flip flop if you ask me! I heard him say that suggestions he wanted to move from PA were wrong, and he was staying! I think we dodged a bullet!

Maybe we did, only time will tell. 

• Like 1

If it makes anyone feel better he signed on with the filth for 6 years. Imagine the meltdowns on here if we'd done that. 

Actually, we probably did and he was scared we'd hold him to it if he tried to get out after 2 years. 

Edited by Rab D Nesbitt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m in the pies are in all sorts camp. I don’t see how they get to September with enough players ready to have a serious crack at finals. I can easily see MacRae and Leppitsch leaving the club in the next 1-2 years when it all gets too hard……At least that’s my fervent wish. 

Edited by Roost it far
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

For those with some knowledge - how much of the 'mess' is actual mess, and how much is media and player manager chatter?

Not certain on the timelines, but I'm sure Houston changing his mind was the same time that John Noble wanted out of the Pies, and given Connors knew Houston wanted out, not a stretch to think the Petracca 'drama' had other clubs looking to usurp us.

Its a good question would love a % score from anyone that might know. 

• Thanks 1

Collingwood can have him. I never wanted another HBF - that is one position we have covered. 

As for Trac: he may have had issues with the club. So? They may be justified, they may not. He might be a top bloke, he might not. I will never see him in the same light again: he apparently was prepared to go to Collingwood - to stand in the circle and sing their song with his arms over the shoulders of Brayden Maynard. I am NOT impressed with that. Any team mate of Gus's who would contemplate that loses me.

And as for culture: it is noticeable that BBB stayed at Melbourne and still does. He has the score on the board as a person who speaks up when things are wrong.

Edited by Ollie fan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Petracca really white anted the club in more ways than one this offseason.

Some other problems we have at the moment are that Connors has too much power and that we are viewed as lepers. 

We need to discreetly lobby the AFL to introduce anti-concentration measures in the player agencies, while doing everything we can to improve our relationship with Connors and co.

• Like 1

Every season there always seems to be something that adds to the spice of Dees vs. Filth games. Not that it was needed, but still

2024 - Maynard revenge. Fail on the ground but we supporters held up our end in the stands

2025 - Houston snub. Obviously partly our own doing. But I do hope the players remember this in our first game against them at the G. Would love to beat them with a little bit of Maysie or Gus chatter at Houston afterwards.

Edited by Young Blood
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KozzyCan said:

So our reputation did in fact spook a player from joining us.

Sorry KozzyCan, in my opinion it was a media pile-on that blew everything out of proportion that pushed the player towards the blues or filth. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VNightCityLegend said:

Well said, mate. Being in the same management group as Petracca should also put to bed any discussion that all our issues we primarily media fabrications and hyperbole. 

Not only would the media open themselves up to legal action for lying and making up stories, so why would they?  Also, there is no doubt some of the leaks would have come from the management group themselves. 

Where there is smoke, there’s fire.

What’s done is done and in order to move forward, both the club and their fans just need to accept that a lot of [censored] ups happened and cannot be swept under the carpet hoping it would sort itself out. 

Imagine defending the media 

• Love 1

I’m much happier with the two top ten draft picks over a very good half back flanker.

Also Collingwood can run rings around us with their history of cultural problems. It’s all nonsense. 

Edited by von
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Sorry KozzyCan, in my opinion it was a media pile-on that blew everything out of proportion that pushed the player towards the blues or filth. 

Do you think there was any way we could have prevented the events that lead to the media pile on or handled the situation better once those events unfolded?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KozzyCan said:

Do you think there was any way we could have prevented the events that lead to the media pile on or handled the situation better once those events unfolded?

Definitely KC we should have afforded the Petracca family more love initially and shut down the Kozzie rumours quicker. As for Clayton, sounds like a bit of a managers bush picnic, I’d expect the club to sort that out. And perhaps channeled the conversations via a trusted media person, if one exists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Young Blood said:

Every season there always seems to be something that adds to the spice of Dees vs. Filth games. Not that it was needed, but still

2024 - Maynard revenge. Fail on the ground but we supporters held up our end in the stands

2025 - Houston snub. Obviously partly our own doing. But I do hope the players remember this in our first game against them at the G. Would love to beat them with a little bit of Maysie or Gus chatter at Houston afterwards.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see The Brand give Houston a really nice and tough hip and shoulder to make up for his “Maynard moment”

• Haha 1

On 31/08/2024 at 18:04, binman said:

Scare away potential recruits?

Good lord.

Sure, we might have had our share of drama, but every single football club has drama going on behind the scenes. 

And all our real drama was last season - clarry, Smith, Grundy.

If the drama was so unbearable for tracc he could have got to another club that would have satisfied the dees with drafts and trades.

It clearly wasn't so unbearable.

And if the issues are so bad, explain to me why young guns Windsor and Kolt resigned in july when neither had to worry about doing so for another two years.

Ditto for langers, who signed in August.

Ditto Turner, Laurie, amw and Jefferson.

But two weeks of tracc drama, which ends with him staying, and a potential recruit is going to say, no way, i ain't going to the dees.

Right.

This is why I ignore most of your posts to be honest, got to laugh. Spending all that time on Optimism Beach will never allow you to see the Forrest for the trees....I'm surprised you aren't still spinning the "loading" excuse for another failed season....even though every club loads, or spinning some stats to manipulate our issues.... Our stars wanted out, no doubt, and the only reason they are still here is the because either nobody had the picks, wanted them, or the ridiculous salaries they are on. Players also "stay" because they are comfortable, not all are competitive beasts believe it or not. And it was dead obvious that our current [censored] show would turn people away, as we got bugger all. I'm just going to put you on ignore actually.

On 17/10/2024 at 15:43, waynewussell said:

He got the (Colli) wobblies because of the media narrative around our reported chaos! Net score to date: President retired weeks before her required retirement. ANB granted release for family reasons. ............. UMM, nothing further to report, Sir!

Some of you are so frantically attached and hurt by what the media says it's laughable. If we didn't have any issues, then why are they doing a review. Plenty more to report....It's not over yet ;-)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SFebes said:

Some of you are so frantically attached and hurt by what the media says it's laughable. If we didn't have any issues, then why are they doing a review. Plenty more to report....It's not over yet ;-)

...and some of YOU are so frantically attached to the 'club in crisis' narrative that you have lost 'balance' in a frantic attempt to be seen as one 'in the know'!

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

12 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Wouldn’t it be nice to see The Brand give Houston a really nice and tough hip and shoulder to make up for his “Maynard moment”

Not likely. He'll be cozying up to Houston in the hope of lining up alongside him at the Pies in 2026.

On 17/10/2024 at 19:59, Superunknown said:

Is it fair to infer Petracca is partly to blame for this (because of how he handled things), or is just the symptom and how he went about it cost us Houston (and had all this aired today), but ultimately will result in change which is more long lasting? 

Yeah but if nothing changes, nothing will! I'm not sure ANYTHING will change!

• Like 1