PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

PreGameRd162024.png

• Like 4

Gawns post match comments 1000% confirms Oliver won’t be dropped. 
Selfless game apparently lol. 

• Thinking 1

Fascinated to see the impact of having lever back.. not a coincidence that our form dropped away when he left the team. Critical for structure and leadership 

Edited by watchtheeyes
  • Like 13
  • Thinking 1

Just now, watchtheeyes said:

Fascinated to see the impact of having lever back.. not a confidence that our form dropped away when he left the team. Critical for structure and leadership 

Underrated observation. 
Lever makes us much better. His leadership has been sorely missed. He’s a totally different leader to Gawn and Viney. 

• Like 8

Can wait to see the mighty f#cking dees rail the Lions on their home deck. 

In: Lever

Out: Tomlinson

• Like 1
  • Clap 3

I'm a two hour drive from Brisbane and my heart says go but my logic says no.

Edited by Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

I purchased the tickets and the flights after the Geelong win. Things were looking fine back then. Think I’ll put the 8yo on the iPad w/ headphones at 1/4 time 🤷‍♂️😀👌

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I'm a two hour drive from Brisbane and heart says go but my logic says no.

Join us emerald - we need all the support we can get ♥️💙

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Honestly getting sick of the spin from Max

• Like 2
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Max must have missed Oliver trying to give away a 50 with 5 minutes to go.

In all seriousness, they're just trying to keep him well and nurse him through. Unclear whether that is okay or not.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

I purchased the tickets and the flights after the Geelong win. Things were looking fine back then. Think I’ll put the 8yo on the iPad w/ headphones at 1/4 time 🤷‍♂️😀👌

Make a holiday of it and head down to the beach and safe yourself the mental anguish. 

Even if we play our best performance of the year, we are miles off the current Lions form.

Look at our list v theirs. We simply have way too many inexperienced players and a forwardline that is simply no match for their backline.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Honestly getting sick of the spin from Max

So you would prefer that our captain, whilst still on the field, criticises his teammate, who we all know is trying hard to clean his life up and come back from a poor pre-season, because he couldn’t shake a tag?

Yet every chance you get you complain about our club’s culture being broken?

[censored] me. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Clap 10

Lever would be a welcome inclusion. 
What is going on with #31?   Preseason some were talking him up as a Coleman prospect.
A good performance tomorrow by any Casey medium / tall forward would be welcome. 

Edited by monoccular

2 minutes ago, Hellaintabadplacetobe said:

Even if we play our best performance of the year, we are miles off the current Lions form.

Look at our list v theirs. We simply have way too many inexperienced players and a forwardline that is simply no match for their backline.

The logic may be there but the same post would have been made about Hawthorn a month ago, the week prior to them beating Brisbane.

• Like 1

Going along with kids and Grand Kids but fearing the worst. We just are not playing well and our kids, whilst going Ok are just not improving enough. Plus, our middle players are also not doing enough and the less I say about Mr Fritta the best.

Could be an ugly showing at the Gabba.

As I mentioned in the non MFC thread today, how is it that Brisbane keep drafting and successfully blooding goal kicking forwards, and now have 2 more in Lohmann and Morris that are now established in their best 22.

• Like 1