POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

5 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Will we ??? 

Don't think so..    Fockers play Brisvegas

Freo wins.. 34 pts... we're out

Suns win..   32 pts...better %...  we're out.

Just sayin' 

I didn’t say we’re in the 8.

I said we are a game and 7% outside 4th. And only percentage behind 3-4 teams.

Both of which remain true even after the Fremantle-GC game.

Edit: and I was being generous too. If Essendon loses to WC, we’d only be half a game outside 4th. We’d be a game and 7% off third. 

Edited by titan_uranus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Ya think?!

It’s not a perception, it’s an unmitigated fact.

You. Bag. The. Club.

You. Bag. Goody.

What you’ve said above is all well and good but that’s not indicative of your usual bash-fest.

Your tone (above) is also not a representation of your usual posts which are oftentimes annoyingly cavalier. Example…

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, of course, and I know I’ll have this thrown at me yet again, but please know that it’s the posting of people like you that will drive people away from Demonland. If that sits well with you… fine, keep it up.

The example you put here is a bit tongue in cheek, sorry if it's perceived as offensive.

I was following  on @Demon Disciple post about the sinking ship.

21 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If he isn’t fit, then I would expect to see him starting well then fading. That isn’t the case as he is ineffective all game from the first whistle when he had a full tank.

There are no more excuses for this team. You have to assess things at face value and the reality is, he is like half the team and is no longer invested like they once were. They lack hunger and the guts to play with the brutality we all expect. 

This is the cold reality. Positive, negative, Debbie Downer , what ever rocks your boat. You cannot deny this.

Yes sir!

• Clap 1

54 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

True but last year revealed our deficiency in good forwards so I'm suggesting the list wasn't as great in terms of two flags.  

And this year shows a lack of midfield speed and football skills by hand and foot.

32 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I've been on here long enough to know what DL is like. 

I didn't say Oliver should be replaced, or won't be better for the year nor that I expect him to be what he was in the past.  I simply said I didn't think it was just an off night - something with which you implicitly agreed in saying 'next year he will be fine'.  I've said he will come good in other threads.

My 'pile on' comment wasn't about our conversation per se.  It is an unfortunate aspect of DL that has crept in over the last year or so.  Both the very positive and the very negative posters do it and I for one don't like it.  It stifles good quality discussion for those of us who are generally quite positive, who can see the good and just occasionally the not so good about the club, coaching, players etc. 

I agree. I think he’s having an off year. Two actually. He’s had some good moments due to his class but hes clearly not even half the player he was. I do think it’s worth holding judgement though. If it continues next year then I’m with you. Patrick Cripps has had years he’s struggled when he’s been injured and had less help around him. But look at him/them at the moment.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Keep trying son you will get there eventually...

Could you be more condescending, champ. 

some people aren’t used to having their views questioned or being told no. Buddy.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, old dee said:

After last night game I have decided that we will not make the GF and we may sneak into 7/8th place. Too many injuries and out of form players. So I am just enjoying each win that happens. I am not thinking about next week until at least Wednesday. Enjoying a win end of story.

PS my god there are some dreadful doom sayers on here. 

We are officially in bizarro world! 🤣 😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, binman said:

Unless his classmates are Demonland posters for whom a win is still a loss.

Doubt there's many 50yr olds in his class.

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

We have a player who is the best contested ball player I have ever seen and who was instrumental in our 21 flag.

He is my favourite player.

He is struggling atm.

He has had no pre season, injuries, personal issues and plenty of mates in the team also in poor form.

Yes his disposal is not great atm and until last night was still at least getting a lot of the ball.

He had a hard tag yesterday, where he was constantly infringed and once even thrown to the ground without the ball again without a free and yet is constantly being harshly treated by the umpires. He handballs away in a split second and is then pinged for throwing or htb.

The club has not come out and had a go in the media about this to support him, which most other clubs do and would. That could help. It is disappointing.

He will come good again, but it might not be his best until next year, when he can have a proper pre season and get over his injuries and other issues.

We need to support him and get off his back.

He has given us plenty and maybe we should give a bit back.

Go Clarry and Go Dees.

Or trade him........not my preferred option but both parties might just need a change to return to their best.

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I'm a big fan of Oliver.  Not sure why folks get so defensive when a poster describes what has happened in a game.

And I'm proud of being a positive poster who has given a lot to DL.

But I can't be bothered defending myself just because someone doesn't like what I quoted.

It is now at the stage that no-one can say/report something that isn't positive without a mini pile on.

Just when I was beginning to go 'back into the water' ... will now reinstate my self imposed DL ban and stick to responding to PM's.

Please stick around luci, your input is always valued.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

57 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Six weeks ago I was told the results of a recent mammogram showed a tumour. On the same day my landlord informed me of an 18% rent increase. That’s just one day.

So yeah, I know life isn’t always full of roses. Therefore, I’ll be [censored] if I’m gonna be subjected to repetitive inflammatory disparagement of our Club and coach on a site that has so much good about it and many wonderful people. I won’t stop calling it out. Get used to it.

So sorry to hear that, Walking Civil War . Hope you're doing okay. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I feel a lot of negativity has overtaken DL this year mainly because of our high expectations (nothing wrong with that). However we are really still reeling from the loss of Gus, Clarries issues/injuries, Petracca & temporarily Lever. Any Club would be having trouble coping with that.

BUT :

Think of the good kids we have developing . We have around 5 or 6 who have played less than 15 games (i.e. less than a season. in Howes,Windsor,Tholstorp (? my speling, Tynan Brown  all 1st year players. Then McVee, & JVR really getting to stage 2 of their career. We have Rivers , Kozzy, Bowey and Chandler (really only a 2nd year player) moving into more responsible positions.

And ANB has now moved into the upper rung of AFL Players just through sheer heart & effort.

So there is still light in the Tunnell !!! ( just got to get over the Bridge !!!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

The example you put here is a bit tongue in cheek, sorry if it's perceived as offensive.

I was following  on @Demon Disciple post about the sinking ship.

In isolation, yes. But It’s one of many, many such posts.

Look, you’re gonna keep it up, you’re clearly not about to ease up and that’s totally your prerogative. I just want you to know that you’re spoiling the DL experience of not only me, but others on here. I’ve received many PMs from folks who’d rather not say it publicly - which is perfectly fine - saying that they’re a bee’s d**k away from ditching DL altogether, the reason being the increase of suffocating pessimism.

I also wanna point out that whether or not you realise it, you’re bound to drive people away. It’s already happened, and that was before this current spike in posts the likes of yours.

3 minutes ago, Jara said:

So sorry to hear that, Walking Civil War . Hope you're doing okay. Cheers

Thank you Jara 💕 I only mentioned my recent health concern to illustrate that I don’t see life as all roses, and that I vehemently disagree with that assessment. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, dl4e said:

Well last nights game was a close contest as it should be between two bottom 4 sides. Melbourne played the cellar dweller of the competition perfectly by being more than 5 goals in front and then collapsing to almost lose ( the other side were to incompetent to win it ). 

Does that include the Collingwood North game as between two bottom 4 sides ?

• Clap 1

3 hours ago, Deecisive said:

clayton is a star but at the moment his is a wandering star not focused on his game. i see way too much vision of him pushing and holding opposition players as well as giving away lots of frees. he looks angry, he needs time off from footy to get into a better headspace. He also seems to be targeted by umpires. in a few games i have seen he has been one of the very few players pinged for holding the ball when he is tackled and handballs away pretty quickly. i believe he gets a lot more negative attention from umpires who dont really see the things done to him. looking at the AFL seasonal stats he looks to be giving away the most frees in our club. our forward line is poor, i dont know why they dont try petty down back and tom forward, it cannot hurt toWpr try something simon!! as for fritter love the guy but he like some of our forwards just seem lazy in chasing and putting pressure on the opposition. we allow the opposition to keep players open all over our forward line when they are kicking in. why? if we have taken all of the trouble to get the damn ball into our forward line why do we not put pressure on every single opposition players to keep it in and give us a chance to get a score. our defensive nature in our forward line of letting them have the easy kick around the boundary can often turn up in their forward line before we have put pressure on them. I would rather see all of our forwards and players hold every opposition player accountable at kick ins so that we have a chance of a contest and a turnover closer to our goal. Some of our players seem to put in token chases i.e. if i look like i am chasing the opposition player hoping they will get rid of the ball, instead of chasing hard to really put pressure on them. its hard to understand our tackling in quite a few cases our players just tried to fence an opposition player in rather than tackling and other times our tackles were just shrugged off so easily. And Simon, really not a lot of moves in his game plan. Oliver probably should have been subbed off at half time.

Word-for-word agreement, here. Errors, oversights (repeatedly), taking the easy pathway and negligent towards continued pressure (elemental mongrel) on opponents (right across the ground and zone-to-zone longitudinally (except for some/a few backline slots) all lead to reduced dominance of the game and any vestige of winning intent.

4 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

You’re having a crack at a poster for not “pouring scorn” on other posters? 

That’s not the case, it was an example for the purpose of comparison. But you already know that, you got cheap laughs… good on you. 

36 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Or trade him........not my preferred option but both parties might just need a change to return to their best.

He is untradable atm with his contract. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

The play was on the Warne Stand side for long stretches. Sheezel was on the pine for nearly 10 at some point too. Can't do much when everyone is 100 metres away and the runner isn't allowed on.

When is the runner allowed on the ground?

1 hour ago, ElDiablo14 said:

After a goodnights sleep I have decided to stop my bickering about our coach, as much as I still consider a change of coach is due. Nothing I say here will change things so I will take a chill pill and try to look at the bright side of things, I loved Rivers in the midfield and Kynan Brown efforts, I also hope to see Taj given more opportunities.

Thank you for looking at this from another perspective and for being mature and open-minded in taking advice onboard . More than that, thank you for doing something that many people can’t/won’t do…and that’s listening. Everyone can hear, few can listen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kent said:

me to

My god , falling over each other for a juicy bit of gossip, message me ! message me !

• Haha 1

Just now, Dingo said:

When is the runner allowed on the ground?

When I get the job, it will be any and every time he/she wishes. 😅

• Haha 3