PREGAME: Rd 08 vs Geelong

After returning to the winners list the Demons have a 10 day break until they face the unbeaten Cats at the MCG on Saturday Night. Who comes in and who goes out for this crucial match?

PreGameRd082024.png

• Like 6

Petty dropped for…

(if we had an in form mid but we don’t. )

Fullarton

let JVR concentrate on being a fwd

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Need a big lift from our midfield to be competitive against Cats and Blues the next fortnight.

• Like 1

The irony is if I saw the final score line without watching the game, I would have assumed it was a good win on a big occasion.

The reality was the worst game I've seen from us for a long time.

Petty is a liability who has struggled to manage seven disposals in eight quarters. Has to be dropped. 

Sparrow. ...When will he really step up? 

Someone said Billings was good. He played an ok third quarter but the rest of the game was lackluster for mine. His disposal was like so many players, poor. 

It's hard though because so many of our players were down including Tracca whose handballs were terrible and Viney who was mia.

I can't account for such fundamental errors by so many so often. Players looked like they didn't want the pill the way they  couldn't wait to get rid of it. We seriously looked like it was a Praccy fun game out for most of it.

Hopefully Bbb can take Pettys spot.

Maybe Laurie for Woey.

Or surely young k brown a run.

It's really hard to not think the cats will devour us.

I thought Laurie on was a mistake but he played well. 

Disco has to be our go to fwd after that. Thank goodness for him.

Maybe our midfield will get on its bike and start performing. Although I thought Oliver wasn't too bad especially after he just had an operation. No excuses for the others.

I hope Jvr can start marking again too. 

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 4

Important for Viney and Oliver to improve dramatically, as opponents know that they only have to cover Tracc and our midfield is cooked. Kossie might need to play more midfield minutes. 
McAdam for Woewe. 

• Like 1

McAdam for Billings. Petty not a forward option so perhaps Tomlinson.

Edited by Return to Glory
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

heard/read somewhere that McAdam will be given a full game at VFL level before being AFL-ready. He didn't play a full game today and was rested late.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, bing181 said:

heard/read somewhere that McAdam will be given a full game at VFL level before being AFL-ready. He didn't play a full game today and was rested late.

Yep. Club has been pretty clear that he’s got one more week at Casey. 

• Like 1

If there is to be a change - Fullarton in for petty although that’s quite a risk against the cats….

so maybe just a straight swap - Laurie in to the main team for petty as the sub…

Hore for Woey is the only possible change I’d be looking at making.

Petty had 2.5 good games as a forward before losing himself against Brisbane. Whatever that trauma is it seems to muck him around and he’s clearly not over it. But he’s our best option to clunk marks and he draws defenders away from our other talls. No way I’m bringing in Fullarton or any other low ceiling option.

McAdam, no tackles, possibly not a full game, no way he’s in after 1 vfl game after months injured.

Billings, he’s so meh to watch, but he hit some targets tonight, not the worst. More wing time for him, loved the look at Lingers forward. Can we try some Windsor forward too please?

The main things we need are Oliver to sort himself out, Tracc to give up the fumbles and prime Viney. Simply have to get value for getting hands on the ball.

Then we need our backline to take a class on risk management and flow. Stop burning the ball chasing miracle kicks in the corridor (especially limited kicks in Lever and McDonald) and move the ball out to the fat side

Actually the whole team needs a lesson on how to give and receive the ball with momentum. Mr Miyagi that stuff.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nicko said:

If there is to be a change - Fullarton in for petty although that’s quite a risk against the cats….

so maybe just a straight swap - Laurie in to the main team for petty as the sub…

Hey Tom Stewart, want to play on Petty on Laurie? Come on now 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No change.

McAdam seems to have played in 10 min bursts in the VFL, and none in the last, he’s still a couple of weeks off full AFL. 

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 6

51 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

…..

Petty is a liability who has struggled to manage seven disposals in eight quarters. Has to be dropped. 

Sparrow. ...When will he really step up? 

…..

Hopefully Bbb can take Pettys spot.

Maybe Laurie for Woey.

Or surely young k brown a run.

….

I thought Laurie on was a mistake but he played well. 

Disco has to be our go to fwd after that. 

I hope Jvr can start marking again too. 

Agree on Petty. Must play at Casey as a back man. NFI on how to play forward.

.You need to read the commentary on the Casey game. BBB and K.Brown both poor. McAdam needs another run in the VFL. Maybe a Blues debut.

Fullerton not bad. Can’t be worse than Petty. Unfortunately, like Petty, glacial slow (apparently).

Can’t remember a game when JvR has ‘clunked’ his marks.

• Thanks 1

Would be a huge statement by the coach to drop Petty. I can't see it but sometimes you have to make a statement.

Not sure young Woey has any tricks at AFL level. Willing tryer, can tackle and OK disposal but has no point of difference.

• Clap 1

1 minute ago, dee-tox said:

Would be a huge statement by the coach to drop Petty. I can't see it but sometimes you have to make a statement.

Not sure young Woey has any tricks at AFL level. Willing tryer, can tackle and OK disposal but has no point of difference.

I thought Woey was ok, with solid pressure and work rate throughout, the fact that it was Windsor subbed off instead of him, shows he’s progressing. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

I doubt Petty will be dropped but he’s a liability when played on the forward line. I watched him closely tonight. Almost appeared disinterested. I reckon he needs to return to the backline in order to get his confidence back. NFI whose place he takes ~ Rivers to the wing?

Correct about Woey. No point of difference and poor decisions a worry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

In: McAdam Fullerton

Out: Petty Billings 

I thought McAdam was excellent in the Casey game today. I didn't see all of the game but he took a number of really solid overhead marks in the forward line and kicked 2 or 3 goals. He really looked the goods to me.

If we decide to send  Petty to Casey to find form then I agree we should probably give Fullerton a go. I'm not as excited about this one though.

• Like 2