Geelong Sets Sights on Oliver

3 hours ago, Smokey said:

A glaring issue in our list has been, for many years, quality ball users in our midfeild. That then amplifies our issue of having no elite power forward. 

Love Clarry, he is a generational player. But if letting him go would fix the issues above then of course we should entertain it. 

Ball users are worth next to nothing if you don’t have Clarry or someone like him to get it to them. He’s one of the all time greats at getting it. It’s a very important piece of the puzzle.

Edited by von
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

Clarry out of favour? I know that they’re a little behind the times down that way but it sounds to me like a copy of the Herald Sun from last December has finally blown into town and landed on the windscreen of their recruiting manager’s car. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Smokey said:

A glaring issue in our list has been, for many years, quality ball users in our midfeild. That then amplifies our issue of having no elite power forward. 

Love Clarry, he is a generational player. But if letting him go would fix the issues above then of course we should entertain it. 

Unless we get a replacement who is as good a ball user as Clarry is an extractor, then that theory is kaput.

I'd rather work on improving Clarry's foot skills than trading him. It worked for Chunk, his kicking early on was woeful 

Salem, Billings, Rivers and Windsor running through the middle and delivering i50 should help too

Forward strategies are more the issue. Ban the long bomb, always look at a kick to advantage, get injured/suspended players on the park. More to it than that obviously, but would certainly help

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 3

Seriously, a few months ago we nearly lost him for nothing.

Is it possible to enter into a three way exchange and finish up with astronaut? something will break at the dogs and we’ve got to stay alert.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, von said:

Ball users are worth next to nothing if you don’t have Clarry or someone like him to get it to them. He’s one of the all time greats at getting it. It’s a very important piece of the puzzle.

It doesn't matter. Prudent business is exploring what the compensation would look like before making any decision (on any player for that matter). Simple as that.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Smokey said:

It doesn't matter. Prudent business is exploring what the compensation would look like before making any decision (on any player for that matter). Simple as that.  

I agree. Just think it’d be really hard to offer us enough.

• Like 1

I've worked it out.

1. JVR and Tholstrup to the Shockers
  2. Shockers on trade to Meth Coke for Reid
  3. Meth Coke cut a deal with us for JVR, Tholstrup, Oscar Allen and their 2024 first round pick to us for Clarry.

Fixed.

(And thank you Bell end)

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Smokey said:

Viney, Sparrow, Tracca, Kozzie, Rivers, Salo, Windsor - and in the two's AMW, Brown 

How many midfield options do we need exactly? 

Stupid unthinking comment. Of course sOne of your list aren’t even in the ones yet

Ridiculous suggestion and start supporting Clarry to be the best he can be. 

7 hours ago, Smokey said:

Viney, Sparrow, Tracca, Kozzie, Rivers, Salo, Windsor - and in the two's AMW, Brown 

How many midfield options do we need exactly? 

This is funny. I must be watching a different team running around in the red and blue every week.

If you are able to watch AFL 360, there was an excellent discussion about Clarrygate tonight. Sensible, balanced, honest and even enlightening. It involved Lewis, Riewoltd & Whately (Robbo was in attendance). 

Edited by Palace Dees

1 hour ago, 58er said:

Stupid unthinking comment. Of course sOne of your list aren’t even in the ones yet

Ridiculous suggestion and start supporting Clarry to be the best he can be. 

My word you can be abrasive for no reason 

Edited by Smokey
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

This is funny. I must be watching a different team running around in the red and blue every week.

Not sure what’s funny mate. Just stating we have plenty of blokes that can play mid.

What we don’t have plenty of is quality ball users and reliable key forwards. If we’re happy making finals and doing no damage come September then by all means, let’s not think outside the box. 

5 minutes ago, Smokey said:

My word you can be abrasive for no reason. Are you autistic or something? 

Dont you like the truth Smokey. Start support ING Clarry. I am not autistic and please don't offend  others who may have the misfortune to suffer. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 58er said:

Dont you like the truth Smokey. Start support ING Clarry. I am not autistic and please don't offend  others who may have the misfortune to suffer. 

Fair, have removed that part of my comment. 

You are a very unpleasant person however.