Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

Demonland

On 22/02/2024 at 17:19, Superunknown said:

I really want to get over the QF incident but I’m finding it extremely difficult (which is silly), it’s affecting family footy watching and taking about footy. Serious post. Is anyone else feeling similar? Again, genuine post

Yes...because it was a violent act!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

It has started already.

The Magpie media machine is in full force, calling out online comments about Maynard.

Maynard once again will become the victim.

I hate many things, I mean things that really matter, BUT Maynard and Collingwood have gone BEYOND hate! I'm seriously affected by this incident!☠️

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Clap 1
  • Vomit 1

52 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I hate many things, I mean things that really matter, BUT Maynard and Collingwood have gone BEYOND hate! I'm seriously affected by this incident!☠️

Yep the Pies narrowly had top spot in the most hated department for a while, now no club will ever come close to the hatred I have for them. I hope this premiership is cursed and they never see another premiership until they permanently retire his cursed number.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

Your at the top of your game.

A sport you've played since you were a kid.

A career forged with friendships and passion.

A very lucrative career that can possibly see you financially well off for your future family.

Then along comes some fanatic and ....... . 

I'm sure he'll still be involved in footy and the club will look after him but it would be rough watching from the sidelines especially when someone else is still playing.

The fact the AFL let that someone play a grand final is a complete disgrace.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Moore can’t even look at the camera when he says what he has to say. 

When exactly has that POS Maynard shown any remorse? All he’s ever done is play the woe is me card. I’ve never heard him come out and apologize to Gus nor have I heard Moore, this so called nice guy speak out against the vile Pies fans who cheered an opposition player while out cold. 

[censored] the Pies and [censored] Maynard. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Clap 3
  • Angry 1

The best way to get back at the Pies and honor Angus Brayshaw is to win the 2024 premiership, i'd be pretty disappointed if the players viewed this any other way. I can guarantee you that Maynard and the Pies will be hoping the players target him because we showed on queens birthday we're more than capable of beating them on the big stage if we're focused and locked in on the task. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 24/02/2024 at 19:33, picket fence said:

Oh, mate, you're not the only one.  I absolutely get upset when I think of that vile excuse of an organisation and their bunch of ferals.

• Like 3

On 23/02/2024 at 17:01, Roost it far said:

I’d have him as the runner in a heartbeat but I believe Reece Conca has the role and does it well 

Yes Reece is currently killing it in that role. As for when he retires… he’s already told me I can have his job. 😅

soz Gus

• Haha 2

On 24/02/2024 at 19:33, picket fence said:

With you on this feeling.

This Forum is providing some level of catharsis to enable us to vent, but I have noted on here other aspects to feel better. Such as the Duncan Wright incident and what I believe will be , or now is, Maynard's legacy for life. Thug.  Where's Rod grinter when we need him.

I love the Dees still, but hate about everyone else associated with the game in positions to have a microphone and opinions, top of the list being the AFL funnily enough for denial of justice to Gus.

Collingwood fans and behaviour after the Act is on another level altogether for hatred however which is why I will boycott KB this season, being a Pies home game.

Edited by Demon17
spelling mistakes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I have never felt so angry nor have I ever loathed the opposition scum as I did when that pos deliberately took Angus out, they set a new cultural low that night that I will never forget or forgive. They pushed Bumbers off my most hated list.!!!!

• Like 3
  • Clap 3
  • Vomit 1

On 22/02/2024 at 17:49, Superunknown said:

I really want to get over the QF incident but I’m finding it extremely difficult (which is silly), it’s affecting family footy watching and taking about footy. Serious post. Is anyone else feeling similar? Again, genuine post

I hear you, Super. And I’m over people telling me to get over it, move on, let it go etc. Would thou couldst… canst.

For mine, it isn’t so much the incident - for as sickening as it was to see Gussy lying motionless soundtracked by the feral chant, somewhere in the back of my mind I knew (not thought, but knew) the thug would get weeks.

No, for me it was when reading the live blog of the tribunal hearing and realising he wasn’t to be penalised at all. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, that’s when a little piece of me died, compounded by the footage of that reprobate Maguire standing up, raising his glass and announcing, “Justice is done!”

If I wasn’t so crazy in love with the Dees I’d have 86d footy altogether at that very moment.

It’s not silly that you struggle to get past it, and you’re certainly not alone. ❤️💙

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I have never felt so angry nor have I ever loathed the opposition scum as I did when that pos deliberately took Angus out, they set a new cultural low that night that I will never forget or forgive. They pushed Bumbers off my most hated list.!!!!

I never thought anything nor anyone could ever knock Essendon from first place on my most hated list. But here we are.

PS Essendon are a very, very close second. There’s a bee’s **** in it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

This Forum is providing some level of catharsis to enable us to vent, but I have noted on here other aspects to feel better. Such as the Duncan Wright incident and what I believe will be , or now is, Maynard's legacy for life. Thug.  Where's Rod grinter when we need him.

I love the Dees still, but hate about everyone else associated with the game in positions to have a microphone and opinions, top of the list being the AFL funnily enough for denial of justice to Gus.

Collingwood fans and behaviour after the Act is on another level altogether for hatred however which is why I will boycott KB this season, being a Pies home game.

This is the  trouble ..we boycott the game ..what does that achieve. We need to support & cheer for our team ..staying at home helps Collingwood..we don’t need to be a Collingwood type of supporter but surely you can be a loud & proud Dees supporter!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

This is the  trouble ..we boycott the game ..what does that achieve. We need to support & cheer for our team ..staying at home helps Collingwood..we don’t need to be a Collingwood type of supporter but surely you can be a loud & proud Dees supporter!!

Wear your helmets and number 10 Guernseys 🔴🔵

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Demon17 said:

Don’t Boycott the Game. That’s the worst thing you could do. 
Roll up loud and Proud. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Don’t Boycott the Game. That’s the worst thing you could do. 
Roll up loud and Proud. 

It would be the best thing to do if the boycott was absolutely 100%.  But since that is impossible, I guess you are right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sue said:

It would be the best thing to do if the boycott was absolutely 100%.  But since that is impossible, I guess you are right.

No. The Filth Army would love it if we didn’t show, they would crank it up 

We need to match the bastards, Return Serves at Top Pace

• Like 4
  • Love 1