Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Harrison Petty

Demonland

3 minutes ago, CatFishPig said:

It also sends a message to the Crows. You give us an offer too good to refuse or f off.

Thilthorpe and 10. No? We'll stop trying.

The message we'll send from our end is that we won't be trading him regardless who they offer up.

Tim Lamb pretty much confirmed this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I love the way people give definite injury statements, when they have absolutely no idea of the injury, or especially any medical training.

Sorry if I've helped excite this response, Red.

Just to be clear on my 'contribution', I was presenting others' statements, presenting a relative picture of 2 injuries, both stated as Lisfranc, one with known consequent timings and outcome, the other with as-yet-unknown such consequences, with no personal opinion expressed.

@WalkingCivilWar can speak for herself on this. But her unique(?) connections do provide an insight of some worth.

[p.s. I won't pretend MFCSS wasn't an evil angel on my shoulder as I strove to be straightly factual!]

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

If Petty played at another club and entered the national draft at his age with his level of experience, we would take him with our first pick - he's a young physically mature key position forward AND back that has proven ability to play at a high level in the AFL.

There are likely KPP in the draft that could have better careers than him - but they are less bankable than he is at this point in time and they are not ready to hold down a key position post like he is.

The idea of getting pick 10 for him is ludicrous. 

Considering North got pick 3 for Ben McKay.

The other reference point which Adelaide should be familiar with is Jake Lever.  Also had an injury history, but worth two first round picks.  I'd contest that Petty is different, but every bit as good as Lever.  Lever was also uncontracted, Petty is not.

Tell them they're dreaming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Just to be clear on my 'contribution', I was presenting others' statements, presenting a relative picture of 2 injuries, both stated as Lisfranc, one with known consequent timings and outcome, the other with as-yet-unknown such consequences, with no personal opinion expressed.

@WalkingCivilWar can speak for herself on this. But her unique(?) connections do provide an insight of some worth.

[p.s. I won't pretend MFCSS wasn't an evil angel on my shoulder as I strove to be straightly factual!]

Actually Timothy, I was referring to other posters stating as fact he is 100% fine and will line up early next year.

They wouldn’t have a clue and I am not even sure Harrison knows exactly when he will be right.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

How is this an opportunity of a lifetime? All Crows have offered so far is pick 14 and a player who doesn’t wanna be there. 
Offer us a replacement forward and pick 10 then we can think about this so called opportunity of a lifetime. 

Opportunity of a lifetime would be picks 10,14 and Darcy Fogarty.

Then you would be silly and negligible to then not take that, but that won't happen.

Deelighted to be keeping our Harry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BW511 said:

Butters value would be higher than Clarry, every day of the week.

Butters will command huge offers next year

Not if he's playing with us.

• Haha 1

The other highlight of Petty is he intimately knows our game plan both forward and behind... A new gun key forward traded in would not have that same depth of understanding which might make for slower return on investment.

Even without a trade we will have to grapple with this while Petty and Melksy are injured

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I love the way people give definite injury statements, when they have absolutely no idea of the injury, or especially any medical training.

True. None of us know the extent of Petty’s injury, other than it being a Lisfranc disruption, which have a spectrum of severity, even for those requiring surgical stabilisation. Clinically, across epidemiological history, outcomes aren’t great. We used to call Lisfranc fracture-dislocations career killers, but things have improved a lot of recent years, and the chances of them being chronically unstable have diminished greatly. The main concern is related irritabilities and compensating behaviours in the biomechanical chain (foot, ankle, related soft tissues), along with variable responses to progressive and repeated weight-bearing - running, jumping, day on day, week after week. Personally, in relation to outcome consistency, I’d rather do my ACL. So in summary, Petty’s foot could be anything from great to not at all. The MFC know this, and are planning for the best outcome. As they should. 

Edited by Webber
  • Thanks 14

Just refresh my memory Horne Francis Pick 1 for North gets cleared to Port. At end of season he has been worked out and consequently gets worked over. 

Reid  Hasn't played an AFL game, To me he hasn't got much of a wrong foot. His right i think.

Is he worth it and i know i'm in a minority, but taking some big risk here..

56 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I’ve not seen a single definitive statement re Harry’s injury. On the basis of what you’ve said, no one but medical experts should chime in. Does that also mean re issues of tribunal hearings only legal experts should comment? It’s called a discussion. It’s why fan forums exist. 

56 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

You don’t need to apologise, Tim.

Just like in my post, you’ve not made a definite statement.

In my case, I told of a conversation I recently had wherein myself and a player’s family member compared the seriousness of two players’ prognoses. By no means a definite statement. 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2

Getting rather sick of Adelaide, Port (mainly via Corns) and Freo white anting at our stars from their states.

What is the list of all the best Victorian players from those clubs that can be prominently bandied about in the main stream media to destabilise those clubs?

Uncontracted or contracted, doesn't matter - can someone please make this happen?

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I wouldn’t bet on it.

I say this based only on a conversation about the seriousness of Fritta’s foot injury (different injury, I know) and the long-term treatment and all that goes with that - with a Fritta family member, he ended the conversation with, “… of course, it’s not nearly as serious as Harrison’s injury.”

BTW WCW, how is Fritta going. Is he completely in the clear now?

I wouldn’t bet on it.

I say this based only on a conversation about the seriousness of Fritta’s foot injury (different injury, I know) and the long-term treatment and all that goes with that - with a Fritta family member, he ended the conversation with, “… of course, it’s not nearly as serious as Harrison’s injury.”

I had heard that Harrison’s injury was serious. But that he would be doing light running after Xmas. Low impact training throughout Jan/Feb with an eye to joining full training in late Feb/March and playing in the early part of the season if there’s no major setbacks. He had surgery in August, that’s 6-7 months out, that’s very serious, more serious than Frittas 8-10 weeks. I know you know people from inside the club so I’d suggest you ask Fritta when he thinks Harry will be back next time. See if I’m full of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

Actually Timothy, I was referring to other posters stating as fact he is 100% fine and will line up first game next year.

They wouldn’t have a clue and I am not even sure Harrison knows exactly when he will be right.

No one said he was 100% fine. Quote that comment. Setbacks happen, no one can predict the future, you have no idea who I am or what I do and certainly won’t be saying given the vitriol on here. Ive heard there’s a chance he’s back in the early part of the season, that’s still a 6/7 month recovery. Take it or leave it. Berate me in March If i turn out to be wrong. But don’t make stuff up.

• Like 1

I’ve not seen a single definitive statement re Harry’s injury. On the basis of what you’ve said, no one but medical experts should chime in. Does that also mean re issues of tribunal hearings only legal experts should comment? It’s called a discussion. It’s why fan forums exist. 

Someone posted " he will definitely be playing early next year".

Of course they have the right to say that.

Don't get so precious and indignant about my post then, when I express my opinion, on that statement, made apparently without any knowledge of Petty's injury or having any medical training. 

That is my opinion.

Edited by Redleg

25 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

I had heard that Harrison’s injury was serious. But that he would be doing light running after Xmas. Low impact training throughout Jan/Feb with an eye to joining full training in late Feb/March and playing in the early part of the season if there’s no major setbacks. He had surgery in August, that’s 6-7 months out, that’s very serious, more serious than Frittas 8-10 weeks. I know you know people from inside the club so I’d suggest you ask Fritta when he thinks Harry will be back next time. See if I’m full of it.

I never said nor did I imply you’re “full of it” and that’s because I don’t think you are. You’re in all likelihood right and he will be ready early in the season. I was just telling of a convo I had with someone. And I wouldn’t ask Fritta when he thinks HP will be back because he doesn’t know and if he did know, he wouldn’t tell me anyways. That’s how our Club manages to successfully keep things private. For the most part players aren’t even privy to all information about their own injuries, let alone those of their teammates. I do hope you’re spot on and Harry is ready early in the season. 👍🏽

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I never said nor did I imply you’re “full of it” and that’s because I don’t think you are. You’re in all likelihood right and he will be ready early in the season. I was just telling of a convo I had with someone. And I wouldn’t ask Fritta when he thinks HP will be back because he doesn’t know and if he did know, he wouldn’t tell me anyways. That’s how our Club manages to successfully keep things private. For the most part players aren’t even privy to all information about their own injuries, let alone those of their teammates. I do hope you’re spot on and Harry is ready early in the season. 👍🏽

Sorry, I was getting a bit overly combative in this thread. The “Petty will never be at higher value” with the implication “two serious foot injuries” would mean he never play well enough to warrant higher draft picks in the next two year discussion triggered me. I think he will be far higher value as a two time premiership full forward who kicks 50 goals two seasons in a row. 

I also agree our club is very good at being leak proof and doing a sterling job on that front. Sometimes I think we do too good a job as I think two months into Harry’s recovery probably warrants an update. Hence why I posted what I’ve heard, I rarely do. I could of course be wrong, not because of bad info but because the world is cruel. As Webber says even if the Lisfranc heals quickly and permanently there is a chance of other injuries being caused by a range of factors in the recovery process.
I’m choosing to bet on what I’ve heard, our program and Harry, I could be wrong, chance is cruel. After all our AFLW team lost a pivotal game due to Paxy having a concussion incident with her dog! Anything can happen. But the narrative that Petty should be traded now because he’s not going to improve his value, or too injured, is just pure negativity and triggered me.
Sorry.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Love 1