Happy 2 Year Premiership Anniversary

Demonland

Never tire of these photos.

I still believe we can win 1,2 or 3 Flags before 2030 depending  upon our mini rebuild this draft, injuries next season and development of our young players and the Coaches we appoint also. 

All sounds very easy!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jibroni said:

Very glad I was there to see it, but need one more at the G for the MFC's to be permanently removed.

I presume that was an autocorrect (which autocorrect wanted to make 'autocorrelation', btw!!) of 'MFCSS', Jib?

That you meant what it appears to say is too horrible to contemplate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lucky enough to be there and it was the best day of my life. I’m married with 2 kids so I keep that opinion pretty quiet at home 🤣. Geez we looked gone halfway through the third quarter. We couldn’t take a mark and were fumbling everything. The rest is history. I still can’t believe it!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Amongst all the incredible feelings that came with winning the premiership, I found that the most enduring was the one that is usually the most short-lived, that being disbelief. Months into 2022 I’d hear a news segment that would begin with, “Reigning Premiers Melbourne…” and I’d think sh!tt that’s right… we won the premiership! It took forever to sink in. ❤️💙

• Like 6
  • Love 2

My google photo reminders on this day 25th September, 2021 were on my phone nice and early today to brighten my day.

Lucky enough to be able to watch the drought breaking flag, now we need to break the drought in Melbourne.

p.s. I was sitting directly in line with Fritta's shot in the 3rd and thought it was a hitting the post till some natural fade kicked in and steered it through.

The rest is history.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll never forget the day I learnt my wife could levitate.

And also that she probably loves Bailey Fritsch more than she loves me.

Here's a strange detail - sometimes I've only re-watched the early part of the third quarter just to be reminded of the sensation that it was all slowly slipping away. That we were grinding the game down enough to slow the Dogs' scoring but showed no signs of being able to hit back, and it seemed inevitable that once in a while Bontempelli would still show up and cut another hole through our defence, making the situation ever-harder.

It is as if I've been training myself to associate that feeling of tension on the edge of despair with 'massive victory good times.'

• Love 2

My greatest football supporting day in the life of my family and we had to watch it in three different households but we all turned up to watch the replay together 1st thing Sunday morning. 💕💕💕

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, DeeZone said:

My greatest football supporting day in the life of my family and we had to watch it in three different households but we all turned up to watch the replay together 1st thing Sunday morning. 💕💕💕

Yeah amazing   might    Please one more at the G       I really though we could do it this year but alot of  bad luck played a big part.                    Reload  with the trade and draft (strong hand this year)   We will be top 4 again next year I am sure... (hope)    Thanks to all players again this year you busted your guts all year alas not to  be

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

Every type of emotional experienced. It was very stressful at the time, but looking back now you could make a movie about it! We were down on the canvass with Bont's 3rd then we kicked 3 goals in a minute twice!! Could hardly believe what was going on, it was spine tingling stuff, some of the most dominant football ever seen in the 3rd, then party time in the 4th! Happy anniversary everyone 😁

• Love 2

10 hours ago, dees189227 said:

It feels like a lifetime ago and have lost 4 home finals in a row.

We need to step up big next year and not waste this talented list

Remind me to never ask you to sign a birthday card. You’d probs be like, you’re looking so much older, you’re not exercising enough and the middle age spread has set in. 

• Haha 1
  • Clap 1

32 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Still remember the exact moment I knew we were going to win it in the 4th, sitting on my coffee table inches away from my 65" TV. I had no words, only tears. 

I knew we’d won after the first goal of the last. 25 or so minutes watching with a feeling of pure elation after that moment. 

• Love 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.