• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Phantom Drafts 2023

Whispering_Jack

9 hours ago, Palace Dees said:

What I find myself doing (since mid year) is getting sucked into the 'talk' of who's the best draft prospect  etc, etc. I then find myself disappointed we may not get A or B or even C! Then I look at our track record as a club and realise, they know a helluva lot more than me, and most other clubs.

As has been said by many of the more rational posters. We have to trust Jason and the people involved here. They have a proven track record. I wait and will applaud whatever they do Monday. 

Correct.  And then [censored] like Chris Doerre, AKA Knightmare, to do their post draft club grades, such as this one for Collingwood in 2019:

Collingwood

Improved their draft hand slightly in the latter half of the draft to increase their involvement without losing a lot. Jay Rantall represents strong value as a basketball convert with elite endurance who does his best work inside winning the contested ball, distributing by hand and moving through traffic. Oakleigh premiership captain Trent Bianco is a second selection who represents strong value as one of the best kicks in the draft and the most advanced outside player in the pool. Trey Ruscoe at 192cm with his versatility to play defence, midfield or forward, is a third solid selection with his skills, mobility, ball winning capabilities and the way he reads the ball in flight and takes marks. Though the question of whether Collingwood should have retained pick 51 to draft key forward Jake Riccardi rather than trade it to GWS who used the pick to draft the VFL's Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal is a question that will be asked given Collingwood's lacking key position stocks.

Grade: A

None of those 3 players are today on an AFL list.

In the same draft he gave Melbourne a C for drafting Jackson, Pickett and Rivers, which was his equal worst ranking.

Outside of the Suns, who had picks one and two, Melbourne clearly were the best performed club in that 2019 draft.

Or this club ranking from Fox Sports for the same draft.

CARLTON

Picks (at start of draft): 9, 43, 57, 70, 85

Selections: Brodie Kemp (17), Sam Philp (20), Sam Ramsay (47)

Stephen Silvagni was making plenty of moves on the opening night of the draft, with a bidding frenzy causing Fremantle and GWS to move on Liam Henry and Tom Green respectively. Brodie Kemp was the big steal for the Blues, landing the potential top-five prospect with Pick 17. They added more midfield speed with the selection of snubbed Vic Metro prospect Sam Philp. Calder Cannons midfield Sam Ramsey rounded out their selections, with the inside midfielder averaging 25.2 disposals this year.

Only the 23 gamer Kemp remains in the system notwithstanding the A they were given.

This is supposedly a ''shallow'' draft, but to me, albeit a novice, it looks as good as just about any year and the top end talent better than most.

Excited for tomorrow night.

EDIT: I called Doerre an i.d.i.o.t.  To think that word is censored in this day and age.  I deplore the society we've become.
Edited by Gator
  • Like 16

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

Correct.  And then [censored] like Chris Doerre, AKA Knightmare, to do their post draft club grades, such as this one for Collingwood in 2019:

Collingwood

Improved their draft hand slightly in the latter half of the draft to increase their involvement without losing a lot. Jay Rantall represents strong value as a basketball convert with elite endurance who does his best work inside winning the contested ball, distributing by hand and moving through traffic. Oakleigh premiership captain Trent Bianco is a second selection who represents strong value as one of the best kicks in the draft and the most advanced outside player in the pool. Trey Ruscoe at 192cm with his versatility to play defence, midfield or forward, is a third solid selection with his skills, mobility, ball winning capabilities and the way he reads the ball in flight and takes marks. Though the question of whether Collingwood should have retained pick 51 to draft key forward Jake Riccardi rather than trade it to GWS who used the pick to draft the VFL's Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal is a question that will be asked given Collingwood's lacking key position stocks.

In the same draft he gave Melbourne a C for drafting Jackson, Pickett and Rivers, which was his equal worst ranking.

Outside of the Suns, who had picks one and two, Melbourne clearly were the best performed club in that 2019 draft.

CARLTON

Stephen Silvagni was making plenty of moves on the opening night of the draft, with a bidding frenzy causing Fremantle and GWS to move on Liam Henry and Tom Green respectively. Brodie Kemp was the big steal for the Blues, landing the potential top-five prospect with Pick 17. They added more midfield speed with the selection of snubbed Vic Metro prospect Sam Philp. Calder Cannons midfield Sam Ramsey rounded out their selections, with the inside midfielder averaging 25.2 disposals this year.

Only the 23 gamer Kemp remains in the system notwithstanding the A they were given.

This is supposedly a ''shallow'' draft, but to me, albeit a novice, it looks as good as just about any year and the top end talent better than most.

EDIT: I called Doerre an i.d.i.o.t.  To think that word is censored in this day and age.  I deplore the society we've become.

Doerre absolutely loves his Pies

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gator said:

Collingwood

CARLTON

Knightmare definitely not showing his ridiculous bias there..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, adonski said:

Speak of the devil

Screenshot_20231119_093212_X.jpg

Screenshot_20231119_092850_X.jpg

How can they call themselves a Draft expert if they aren't across the players? Do they just have really in depth knowledge of how the draft works?

Pick 2 comes after pick 1, but before pick 3. Oh my word, I'm a draft expert!

Edited by Mickey
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

“From the 4 minutes-in-total of TAC Cup highlights I’ve seen on some grainy YouTube footage, here is my assessment of  all 120 players in the draft pool and where they will fall on the evening”

and he'll probably be as close as any other prognosticator 

all draft prognosticators seem to read each other's coverage and fall into confirmation bias

• Like 3

Here is another scenario.

If Curtin is there at 6, we trade it for WC F1 and it would get us Ben King, if he left GC next year.

Then if possibly Petty insists on a trade home, we pick up a couple of first rounders to go with our own and we are back in next year's draft in a big way, or in a great position for further trading.

Fun and games coming up over the next 24 hours.

• Like 4

And another from left field.

If we are keen on Reid and Windsor, could we give all our picks and future 1 to WC, who give their F1 for 7 and GWS F1 and we get 1 and 7 and get Reid and Windsor and then we delist say Woey and Laurie if they are agreeable, who go to WC in Pre Season Draft and/or Supplemental draft. Woey goes home and is probably a certainty for a rebuilding WC and Laurie gets games. Jed Adams or even Spargo could come into the conversation.

That would mean for example we get 1 and 7.

WC get 6, 11, 42, 78 and MFC F1 and GWS F1 and say Woey and Laurie, who would both be starting 23 for WC immediately. 6 appears certain to get Curtin, a future Captain by all accounts.

GWS give 7 and F1 and get WC F1 which could be absolute gold.

We get Reid and Windsor, or whoever is left.

Am I missing something?

Edited by Redleg
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Redleg said:

If we are keen on Reid and Windsor, could we give all our picks and future 1 to WC, who give their F1 for 7 and GWS F1 and we get 1 and 7 and get Reid and Windsor and then we delist say Woey and Laurie if they are agreeable, who go to WC in Pre Season Draft and/or Supplemental draft. Woey goes home and is probably a certainty for a rebuilding WC and Laurie gets games. Jed Adams or even Spargo could come into the conversation.

WC get 6, 11, 42, 78 and MFC F1 and GWS F1 and say Woey and Laurie, who would both be starting 23 for WC immediately. 6 appears certain to get Curtin, a future Captain by all accounts.

Am I missing something?

Yeah. 1, it's draft tampering. You can't delist guys just so another team can pick them up for draft picks. That's what the trade period is for, and there's no way the AFL will let it through.

2, no way do we get 1 and 7 for 6, 11, 42 and our F1. And WC won't give up 1 and their future first for 6, 11 and what are likely to be 2 other late first round picks next year.

3, Woey is a father/son. You don't do that to F/S picks

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Am I missing something?

Thinking Calculating GIF by Verohallinto

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Am I missing something?

Maybe the clubs integrity 😳

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

48 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Am I missing something?

Haha. What sort of lawyer are you?

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

48 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Am I missing something?

Missing your meds?

We’ve offered everything we’ve got for Reid and it’s been knocked back.

Delisting 1-4 fringe players to get pick 7, apart from being completely infeasible is not something the Eagles would be interested in. If they’re trading their future first it’s to get Curtin for themselves.

• Like 1

Assume Reid, (Walter), Mckercher and Duursma are gone, where available my preference is

At pick 6 (7).  Preference remains

Curtin, Sanders, Windsor, Leake, O’Sullivan and Watson

At pick 11 (13/14). Preference remains 

O’Sullivan, Windsor, Wilson, Tholstrup and Murphy

Curtin does seem like a future star who could play CHB or in midfield.  It’s hard to say where he is best but he could be described as an all rounder.  Reminds me of the Bont in his draft year. https://www.afl.com.au/news/117000/26-days-to-the-draft-meet-gun-prospect-marcus-bontempelli 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cal has Darcy Wilson sliding to Norf's pick 20 (post bids) in his updated phantom draft

LATE MAIL PHANTOM DRAFT

Pick 1 – West Coast – Harley Reid
Pick 2 – North Melbourne – Colby McKercher
Pick 3 – Gold Coast (matching North Melbourne's bid) – Jed Walter
Pick 4 – North Melbourne – Zane Duursma
Pick 5 – Hawthorn – Nick Watson
Pick 6 – Western Bulldogs – Ryley Sanders
Pick 7 – Melbourne – Caleb Windsor
Pick 8 – Greater Western Sydney – James Leake
Pick 9 – Gold Coast (matching Geelong's bid) – Ethan Read
Pick 10 – Geelong – Daniel Curtin
Pick 11 – Essendon – Nate Caddy
Pick 12 – Adelaide – Connor O'Sullivan
Pick 13 – Melbourne – Koltyn Tholstrup
Pick 14 – Gold Coast (matching Sydney's bid) – Jake Rogers
Pick 15 – Western Bulldogs (matching Sydney's bid) – Jordan Croft
Pick 16 – Sydney – Will Green
Pick 17 – St Kilda – Harry DeMattia
Pick 18 – Hawthorn (matching Adelaide's bid) – Will McCabe
Pick 19 – Adelaide – Charlie Edwards
Pick 20 – North Melbourne – Darcy Wilson
Pick 21 – Greater Western Sydney – Phoenix Gothard
Pick 22 – North Melbourne – Riley Hardeman
Pick 23 – North Melbourne – Mitchell Edwards
Pick 24 – Gold Coast (matching Collingwood's bid) – Will Graham
Pick 25 – Sydney (matching Collingwood's bid) – Caiden Cleary
Pick 26 – Collingwood – Logan Morris
Pick 27 – Adelaide – Taylor Goad
Pick 28 – St Kilda – Wil Dawson
Pick 29 – Carlton – Ashton Moir
Pick 30 – West Coast – Lance Collard

Edited by adonski
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Cal’s  latest mail is that we’ve offered (or will) Pick 6 and F1st for Hawthorn’s pick 4 in a bid to get Watson. He didn’t indicate whether he believed this would be successful or not.

Also suggested we would try the same with pick 11 but didn't highlight which pick or player we would be targeting there.

Edited by Nascent
  • Like 1