POSTGAME: Rd 20 vs Richmond

Demonland

Just now, Macca said:

So have we cured our forward line woes in one game?  Looks like it to me especially with Fritsch to come back to add to the 5 contributors today

And so accurate as well!  The Tigers were under seige and when they did rebound, they couldn't get past their 50 metre arc with any sort of system

Our 3 or 4 lines of defence kicked in from half way through the 3rd quarter and they (Richmond) had no answers

And now we've got the good problem of not necessarily being able to fit Grundy in ... let the media get into a tiss about that as we go quietly about our business

It’s a bloody good question, Macca, that one. 
The run and jump and contested, marking from Petty and JVR was very impressive whilst Melky continued to be the bit of X factor.

One thing is for certain in Van Rooyen. We have found a very competitive key full forward who at only 20 years of age is showing exceptional talent and has me really excited.

• Like 14

I’m seriously starting to reconsider going to Richmond games.

Yea the game was spectacular. Petty was brilliant and I think Kozzie has definitely answered all his critics.

But really Tigers fans are getting worse than Pies. All day trying to boo out any cheers we had. Whinging about every decision thinking Dusty can’t do anything wrong (he overcooked his kicks several times) and the claiming the umpires for the win. I was abused by a disgusting fan (more of the tired thing about being female) and they just act feral in general. I never minded coming before they won their premiership, now they’re the worst. I hope we never become like that

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
  • Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I'll leave the floor open for whoever wants to create a cheesy early 90s dance charge to the finals thread, but my early contribution: https://youtu.be/zkHOVJINRD8

Clearly your music video budget was significantly bigger. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heart Beats True said:

McVee is the find of the year for the Dees. Sublime skills and composure with the ball. A couple of those kicks in the last five minutes we’re clutch.

I watched him today and thought "there's our next Norm Smith medalist"

He is made of steel

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Yea the game was spectacular. Petty was brilliant and I think Kozzie has definitely answered all his critics.

But really Tigers fans are getting worse than Pies. All day trying to boo out any cheers we had. Whinging about every decision thinking Dusty can’t do anything wrong (he overcooked his kicks several times) and the claiming the umpires for the win. I was abused by a disgusting fan (more of the tired thing about being female) and they just act feral in general. I never minded coming before they won their premiership, now they’re the worst. I hope we never become like that

On the telly what you describe came across, but it felt like they were being so silly they became easier for the umps to ignore. 

3 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

They're complete nuffies. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McQueen said:

It’s a bloody good question, Macca, that one. 
The run and jump and contested, marking from Petty and JVR was very impressive whilst Melky continued to be the bit of X factor.

One thing is for certain in Van Rooyen. We have found a very competitive key full forward who at only 20 years of age is showing exceptional talent and has me really excited.

As someone else mentioned here, good forwards relish body contact and JVR looks to have that quality at a young age

At 22 - 25, lookout!!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Gee, justed watched some of Petty's goals. Basically he did an old fashioned Riewoldt. I know it's only one big game as a forward but gee it's enough to get very excited about not to forget about Jvr and Melksham. I think that was our second highest score for the year.

But to have so many kicked by our feds when they have struggled is like an eight point win.

Maybe we have finally found the right combo and what a time to discover it.

Can't see poor Grundy getting back in other than relief for Max .

And the accuracy was the best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sigil said:

Anyone think Jack Viney is a cheeky chance of at least the AA squad?

Yes. 

Whether he meets the criteria who knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

As someone else mentioned here, good forwards relish body contact and JVR looks to have that quality at a young age

At 22 - 25, lookout!!

His leap defies physics too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dee-monic said:

Given Petty's form today, Van Rooyen's continuing improvement, Fritsch to come back, and and Joel Smith also competing for a spot, what does Ben Brown do now? He is contracted for next season, surely won't find another AFL club and may be content just to spend a leisurely year with Casey. Or then again he might just retire with a well-deserved premiership medal to his credit.  I hope it's the latter.

Or hopefully get back in form and keep everyone on their toes.

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I think we need to seriously consider resting a few for next week.

We can get Hibbo, Sparrow, Smith and Grundy to cover a few players. 

Agree. I'd love to see anyone with 'niggles' rested when we have such quality depth. We definitely want to run Petty/JVR next week, but maybe with Grundy rucking. I can't see BG making it back into our best side but we need him to be ready should Max get injured. Of course he'll probably get 30 possies and kick 3 goals and we won't want to drop him for the week after ...

Just back from the game. Level 4 City End, just in front of Matt Jones and his kids, all decked out in the red & blue. 

I was worried at half time. We were just a bit off and said to a mate that we need to find a way to break the game open with four unanswered goals if we're to win this one. 

Around half way through the third we stopped them getting beyond their half forward line and progressively began to lock it in our forward line for longer periods. In the last they couldn't stay with us and we tore them a new one. 

Love getting one over that lot and their sooky fans. 

• Like 11
  • Clap 3

43 minutes ago, kev martin said:

We tackled very well without any reward from the umpires. I kept on seeing we had two free kicks paid to us, for much of the game. Made up a few in the last. More likely the umps swallowed the whistle, and the undisciplined Tigers gave us the break, with that 50.

The Rich fans seem to "boo" at everything, poor "boohoo".

6 frees for the game at half time...

4:2 in Richmond favour

Very low

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The Tigers fan in front of me was reasonable albeit one eyed for most of the game UNTIL Shai Bolton's clear throw where he yells "Our 1 throw for their 5".

There was also a moment in the middle where Max had two beautiful quick handballs and he yelled out throw for both.

Gert out, go home and enjoy your trip down to the bottom of loser town.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3