PREGAME: Rd 17 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

Melksham and Smith are both naturals for the horrible sub position because they are both fit and can kick straight. Smith is also athletic. I have liked most of what Smith has added, but I don't believe they should both be in the 23.

I am one of the few James Jordon fans, and hope he holds his place. I would have him in ANB's place because he can do all the things ANB is loved for (gut running, tackling, defensive pressure) but he can actually kick and doesn't fumble as much.

No JVR looks to be a selection howler. Unsure what to make of it. Spargo very lucky, and would prefer only 2 small forwards.

Stoked to see another Woewodin at the Dees. I have watched about half the Casey games and he looks more than ready. His link up play could be a real point of difference, as long as he can kick straight.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJR said:

Suprised no dazzledavey named, calling most our players useless I reckon he’d have a better go.

Agreed. It would give the Saints a headache, too. Hard to match up on an anonymous rando sitting behind a keyboard. 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’m always ‘glass half full’ with our beloved Dees, but gee, I’m confused / perplexed by this week’s team selection.  I’m shaking my head in disbelief, but simultaneously acknowledging that our MC know far more about these things than I do.  Gee, but, wow!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Yep and I thought it might be as sub against Roos.

A poor game will be his last.

Agree that's very likely.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Melksham and Smith are both naturals for the horrible sub position because they are both fit and can kick straight. Smith is also athletic. I have liked most of what Smith has added, but I don't believe they should both be in the 23.

I am one of the few James Jordon fans, and hope he holds his place. I would have him in ANB's place because he can do all the things ANB is loved for (gut running, tackling, defensive pressure) but he can actually kick and doesn't fumble as much.

No JVR looks to be a selection howler. Unsure what to make of it. Spargo very lucky, and would prefer only 2 small forwards.

Stoked to see another Woewodin at the Dees. I have watched about half the Casey games and he looks more than ready. His link up play could be a real point of difference, as long as he can kick straight.

Spot on

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Agreed. It would give the Saints a headache, too. Hard to match up on an anonymous rando sitting behind a keyboard. 😁

Yeah wouldn't you hate to be that [censored] who talks rubbish about players personal lives on an internet.

Stick to the banner thread.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 1

“I am not sure we have improved our forward line.”
This is an example of an understatement.

“Melksham is back.” This demonstrates the word farcical.

Does anyone seriously believe the selected forward line is how the FD see us going forward?

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

Good ins.

Jordon into the middle off a dominant display. 

Spargo best 22, provides defensive run as a high half forward and will help with our kicks inside 50. Has been managed and should be in good nick.

Woey rewarded for hard work, brings the buzz of a debutante- a father son of one of few Charlie winners ti boot.

From goody's comments, JVR has some work to do on his game (and possibly fitness?). 

He'll be back in the next couple of matches, and is best 22.

They want him cherry ripe in the finals not mid winter. Good development of a very young player to be playing as a key tall. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2

The MC must be really worried about their pace off HB at the Saints on that deck…

Surprised at JVR but this just means I was right - he wasn’t ‘managed’ he was dropped and that is ok, he should come back in soon and be better for it.

Glad Melksham gets to 100 with some semblance of form and Brown can straighten us up to some degree. He has great forward craft and leading patterns - we need to unlock it this year to win finals, especially without Fritsch.

• Like 5

I like the ins in isolation. Aside from JVR not sure who else we bring in to kick goals. 

Does Woey play as a roving forward?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Yeah wouldn't you hate to be that [censored] who talks rubbish about players personal lives on an internet.

Stick to the banner thread.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DeeMee said:

“I am not sure we have improved our forward line.”
This is an example of an understatement.

“Melksham is back.” This demonstrates the word farcical.

Does anyone seriously believe the selected forward line is how the FD see us going forward?

Lets bloody hope not...otherwise we may as well concede any September glory now and spare us all the angst.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Must give bbb another week under the roof. Last week's experiment wasted due to rain.

In what world do we need to 'experiment' with BBB?

He has played 150+ AFL games.

We know what he offers. It hasn't been working.

• Like 1

OMG

Fritra out so drop Smith and don’t recall JVR, our best kick and best contested mark   The other decent contested mark is Petty but he stays back    Melksham fresh off 7 possessions stays in the forward line  

Hope this works but I cannot see how  - I could very easily lose all interest in the remainder of the season.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seraph said:

In what world do we need to 'experiment' with BBB?

He has played 150+ AFL games.

We know what he offers. It hasn't been working.

He’s played one game since round 2or 3, and while he seems cooked and I think he’s owed a couple of games

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The selection committee have lost the plot. Where the hell is JVR? Who is going to kick our goals? I'm not too concerned with the other changes but they had to recall JVR, that's a shocking decision.

If we are relying on a stifled and poorly supplied 19 year old to kick a winning score - we are in huge trouble.

• Like 2