PREGAME: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

4 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I agree, but he hasn’t played in how long? And what has been said is he was going to come back and play forward again. 
Im hoping it’s all a ruse. I think Petty needs to play VFL to get match fit.

6 weeks..??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

We don't need a full storyline.

He provided once again the right information and you completely shot him down without even giving him the chance. He's got a 98% track record on here, so there's room for a little slip up once in a while.

Broke the news Tomlinson news well before it got to the media. 

Just a simple sorry I was wrong and you were right for old mate 🙂

Keep up the good work @12345_54321. Most of us on here actually appreciate your intel.

What’s it got to do with you anyways? If 12345_54321 takes issue with anything I’ve said I’m sure he’d address it with me directly. Why does he need a mouthpiece? And who assigned you for the gig?

We both know your agenda. Please take your bitterness and resentment elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

Cold, wet night, narrow ground and crowded D50.

Hardly any marks will be taken, offensively or defensively, and the ball will be on the deck most of the night.

The conditions make a third tall less critical.

Gus can play back and we can run with three talls up forward (Petty, Smith and JVR) - and perhaps give Max and brodie more bench time.

But apparently it will be different in our forward line where Gawn/Grundy, Petty, JVR and Smith will all be flying?

Occam's Razor says Petty back for Tomlinson. We'll see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

Reckon Joel Smith will continue to improve and show us all that he might just be an important part of our forward line in the games towards September.

We focussed on BBB, Tmac, Petty and Gawndy for the first half of the season, and Smith is hardly a gorilla forward, but last week he presented well, got up the ground and was a good target.

Hope he finally takes his chance and locks down a regular spot.

Go get em, Smithy!

He chases and provides defensive pressure too. Hope he bags a hatful.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Amazingly after the teams were announced Geelong was backed into favorites for tomorrow night.

No Oliver 

• Like 4

A forward line of JvR, Petty, Smith, Fritsch and smalls with a backline of only two talls seems unlikely which makes Goody’s stated desire to play Petty forward as problematic.

Guess we are still experimenting.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

I agree, but he hasn’t played in how long? And what has been said is he was going to come back and play forward again. 

It would be nice if the back 6 could get a little cohesion without being chopped and changed every two seconds.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Any posting of unsubstantiated rumours will be deleted and possibly further actions taken. 

So no rumours? I had a beauty too, a premiership player a bar girl and a bishop, have to keep it to myself now. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

22 minutes ago, old55 said:

But apparently it will be different in our forward line where Gawn/Grundy, Petty, JVR and Smith will all be flying?

Occam's Razor says Petty back for Tomlinson. We'll see.

No sure what you mean by apparently old, but no, we won't be marking it in our forward line either.

We will bringing it to ground with our talls. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

31 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

What’s it got to do with you anyways? If 12345_54321 takes issue with anything I’ve said I’m sure he’d address it with me directly. Why does he need a mouthpiece? And who assigned you for the gig?

We both know your agenda. Please take your bitterness and resentment elsewhere. 

You whenever someone says anything remotely negative about the club...

images(1).jpeg.d0f86fb8fbd459ba58114e410386fb7a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AmDamDemon said:

Squad mentality, I guess.

Tommo stiff but assume its for lack of a matchup and he will get more games (and will have been assured as such)

Interested to see how Smith - Petty swing machine might operate

Smith is a more natural forward suited to playing that role a level or two up vs as defender imho.

Petty the opposite

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, layzie said:

Is that a bamboo handle? Too many hipster kettles on the market. 

We still keep the kettles nice and rusty up here in the bush..

• Love 1

57 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Glad you’re not on the coaching committee…with the luxury of a pretty full squad there is no way or need to play someone who is not “match fit. “. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Tomlinson is a bit stiff. Hopefully Petty plays down back as imo that’s his best position and best for team balance. 

Agree with all of this. Especially the bit that Tomo was a bit stiff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

Glad you’re not on the coaching committee…with the luxury of a pretty full squad there is no way or need to play someone who is not “match fit. “. 

To be fair I'm glad none of us are on the coaching committee.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

23 minutes ago, Deestar9 said:

That’s what Gorgoroth said, he thinks Petty should play VFL for match fitness. 

• Like 2

Everyone said the same when Salem was ‘rushed’ back with no vfl. that’s worked out wouldn’t you say?

Trust the FD

Tommo stiff but Petty is ahead of him every day of the week

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

8 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Everyone said the same when Salem was ‘rushed’ back with no vfl. that’s worked out wouldn’t you say?

Trust the FD

Tommo stiff but Petty is ahead of him every day of the week

I reckon the 'bring injured players back through the vfl' is old school thinking especially when a player has worked through 5+ preseasons as have Salem and Petty.

Sports science has come a long way since the days when players were readied for AFL match conditions through the reserves.  Very few clubs go that way these days.

• Like 9