No matter what happens tomorrow I am very proud of the way we’ve handled this as a club, not just for baby Roo but for the whole competition. As always we do all the bloody hard work so everyone else can benefit…. Made the game, now we are saving it from itself. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Clap 4

I don't usually like the sports guy on ABC Radio National Breakfast (Essendon drug apologist) but I liked his remark this morning (edited to improve):  No North Melbourne players but still a kangaroo court.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1

I want to see a list of all the “reasonable” players and “unreasonable” players.

I also presume every player this week who makes contact with the head when spoiling  resulting in no injury will be suspended for 2 weeks……… yeh right!

Certainly looking forward to this applying to Bont and Daicos in the future.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

6 hours ago, kev martin said:

The appeal must be based on the words, reasonable, foreseeable/potential, and blow. 

I can't see how JVR would have had going through his head, that his spoil was going to result in a blow to Ballard's head. If his fist was going at Ballard and not the ball the of course, but his leading arm was going at the ball. The thoughts of JVR would have been get to and impact the contest, prepare for a hit, I assume Ballard would be the same. He would be a genius if he could predict the outcome of two independent bodies in a complex collision, give him an honoury degree in physics.   

It is reasonable to allow a player to go at the ball.

The "blow" is a bit wrong. I see a player falling from his flight and putting weight through his arm to the head of Ballard. More a neck bend than, whiplash from a strike.

How about “be reasonable or foresee that we will blow up AFL House?”

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

You can see why so many of us on DL and in the broader footy community are angry with this.

Gleeson is an intelligent man I would assume and to come up with his sort of garbage, just causes real angst, as to where this is all coming from.

He finds on the same night, that Neale was hit forcibly to the jaw by a left forearm of Newman and that Neale was also hit by the right forearm of Newman to the chest. He finds the chest hit not a strike and chooses not to amend the charge to left forearm and lets another Carlton player off. We all know about the Cripps rubbish. Then despite video showing McKay hits Sheezel with a forearm to the neck and lower jaw, he accepts that McKay's version that he was intending to push, not strike. I thought usually pushing involved hands and not forearms. Third Carlton player let off.

Despite accepting JVR intended to spoil, he brings in foreseeabilty, which is not in the rule.

He doesn't allow previous incidents to be shown or compared or discussed.

What the hell is going on here? 

You're over-rating Gleeson Red.

Judging him on actions and comments he's plainly as idiotic as his colleagues.

What is...is 

• Like 3

The incident, for want of any other suitablly non-eventful occasion, has occurred anywhere up of 10s of thousands of times in this game. The very nature of the game and play will cause 2, 3, 4 or more players to come into collision etc as they're all trying to do the same things in the same space with the same ball.

Somehow this warrants citing...   fmd   Insanity meets stupidity

• Like 4
  • Vomit 1

6 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I still don't understand why there's a three step process. I fully understand why there needs to be a second process to allow for natural justice. Why don't MRO appeals go straight to the Appeals Board. What's the point of an appeal against an MRO decision going to the Tribunal at all?

Lawyers get 3 bites of the cherry, 'nuff said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Will Powell, defender from Gold Coast. Quietly putting together a good season.

I don't think what he said was too inflammatory to be honest. He was asked the question and he gave his opinion. Not everyone has to have the same opinion.

He gave his opinion as a fact. Jvr wasnt looiing at the ball. Thats incorrect on the evidence. 

Powell should have played a dead bat rather than look uninformed /stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Off the ball block and resultant victim concussion, gets 2 weeks, the same as an in play spoil, with no victim concussion or game missed.

This Tribunal is  a blight on the game.

Clearly we have now added another ground to our appeal, that the penalty was way out of line with the offence.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 5
  • Clap 1

Rioli’s incident was downgraded for high impact to medium. Ridley was concussed. Ballard free to play this week. So let me understand this, concussion is now medium impact. A possible injury that didn’t happen is now high impact

What. The. Actual. [censored]. 

• Like 8
  • Clap 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Rioli’s incident was downgraded for high impact to medium. Ridley was concussed. Ballard free to play this week. So let me understand this, concussion is now medium impact. A possible injury that didn’t happen is now high impact

Interstate club as a starting point.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Yes #MROmadness

Think its time for me to invest in a grid iron helmet, and cut out my wife's shoulder pads from her '80s collection! Just need a Hunt or Naughton headband and I'll be rockin' (and compliant)!!

Edited by DemonicFinalFantasy
  • Haha 2

i seriously reckon the AFL love being in the news all week with this MRO nonsense. decision appeal tribunal err another appeal 

if they cleared him on monday that would be very dull with no coverage

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

No matter what happens tomorrow I am very proud of the way we’ve handled this as a club, not just for baby Roo but for the whole competition. 

JOEY!