NON-MFC: Rd 04 2023

Demonland

10 hours ago, Macca said:

I remember the days when we played very little sport on Sunday's. Cricket Test matches had a rest day on Sunday's back in the day.  Pubs were closed and supermarkets couldn't open either

Times have changed and integration for worthy causes and sport is the new way.  As you said, tie the evening game in with the appeal. It's a no-brainer

I recall my mom taking my 10 year old nimble hands to grab a bargain at the supermarket before it closed for 48 hours or thereabouts this time of year many moons ago.

• Haha 1

What an appalling display of umpiring. It was actually a great contest until ruined by the umpires in their determination to get Carlton over the line. The commentary was comical too. It's reasonable to call out poor decisions without sinking the boots into the umpires, but there was nothing.  In this case, the boots should have been well and truly sunk in as they were clearly shifting the momentum of the game away from North. Good on them for battling on despite the obvious bias.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

What an appalling display of umpiring. It was actually a great contest until ruined by the umpires in their determination to get Carlton over the line. The commentary was comical too. It's reasonable to call out poor decisions without sinking the boots into the umpires, but there was nothing.  In this case, the boots should have been well and truly sunk in as they were clearly shifting the momentum of the game away from North. Good on them for battling on despite the obvious bias.

Let’s not get too carried away. The free kick count favoured Carlton by 21 to 20. North gave away a lot of frees because its lack of talls meant that its defenders were often under the pump in marking contests. 

One of the reasons for its loss were pre match injuries to key defenders and the injury to Larkey. 

• Like 3

interesting games today. i have picked sound  ‘outsiders’ today

Tigers are old, but have rested Cotch and Jack. Dogs have far too much in the midfield for them to handle imo

Freo could easily win, over 4 quarters should get it done  but i’m not confident enough to put money on them

The saints are due a blow out given them long list of injuries. Can the Suns back up last week? i reckon they can

Port will be breathing fire after last week but surely the swans still win  Swans by 10 pts 

I can't believe dimma is resting both cotchin and riewoldt. It's round 4. If I was Bevo I'd be secretly relieved but a bit insulted at the same time. I would not be surprised to see the doggies win. 

Sydney v port will be interesting. after last weeks result port would want to show something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dees189227 said:

I can't believe dimma is resting both cotchin and riewoldt. It's round 4. If I was Bevo I'd be secretly relieved but a bit insulted at the same time. I would not be surprised to see the doggies win. 

Sydney v port will be interesting. after last weeks result port would want to show something. 

I’d be “resting” Riewoldt too. As good as he’s been over his career, unfortunately I reckon he is a passenger in the forward line this year, hasn’t done anything particularly memorable and should have retired last year.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

A few on the Sainters bandwagon and good luck to them and the club. We know their pain.

But they haven't really been tested as yet. They are going OK but their wins have all been in Melbourne. They just beat Freo and they did a good job against the dogs and and did beat the Don's.

I guess they will be certs for beating Gcs at Marvel again and stay on top.

Despite this I'm not convinced they are a top 4 team.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Umps gifting this to Carlscum

18 hours ago, layzie said:

Why is this happening?

18 hours ago, Winners at last said:

Has anyone else noticed the biased umpiring in favour of Carlton?

18 hours ago, layzie said:

There should be a class action over this umpiring.

Do Visy still manufacture brown  paper bags?

• Like 1

Lions v Magpies 

1. Lions very very hard to beat at home 

2. Magpies lack of a ruckman is a weakness to exploit 

3. Magpies goalkicking accuracy in 2022 was amazing. In round 3 & 4 it’s been woeful. 
4. Nick Daicos seriously must be favourite for the Brownlow 

5. Charlie Cameron loves it when the Lions are front runners 

• Like 1

Kangas v Blues 

1. Carlton rely on Curnow and McKay. But they are seriously very good. 
2. Kangas youngsters are impressive.  Simpkin, Sheezel, LDU and they’ll add Wardlaw in next few weeks. 
3. Kangas poor goalkicking and Larkeys injury hurt their chances. 
4. Blues need Sam Walsh in. He’s run was missed and he will be a key to their premiership chances 

5. Umpires in 3rd quarter were horribly favouring Carlton. It killed North to see Blues get so many frees whilst they didn’t get one for the last 20 minutes in the 3rd. Best comment about the umps. No comment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Apocalypse XXXI said:

Let’s not get too carried away. The free kick count favoured Carlton by 21 to 20. North gave away a lot of frees because its lack of talls meant that its defenders were often under the pump in marking contests. 

One of the reasons for its loss were pre match injuries to key defenders and the injury to Larkey. 

Yes and another reason was pathetic, one sided umpiring. The free kick count is not the determining factor of poor umpiring. It is when blatantly bad decisions continually go to one side and then change the momentum and ultimately the result of the game.

If I was a Roos fan I would be livid just like the Giants fans were last week. Coincidentally against the same team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deebauched said:

With any luck Tigers win and Chopper has one of his mental episodes at the post game presser.All fun and happiness come Easter.

Not enough reason to hope Richmond will win. Close to my most despised team. It starts with Tom Lynch. He's just one of those players who always taking cheap shots behind the play and then getting favoured by soft frees from the umps. Go Doggies!

• Like 3

Oh goody, Underwood is commentating. We all knows what that means, don’t we, boys n girls?! Make mute button your friend. 

• Haha 6
  • Vomit 1

Interesting song choice after Adelaide goals, well, Tex’s goals anyways. Sex On Fire by Kings of Leon. Hopefully we get to hear it many times today. 👍🏽

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Oh goody, Underwood is commentating. We all knows what that means, don’t we, boys n girls?! Make mute button your friend. 

Fox trying hard for worst commentary team possible today. 

• Haha 2