Ticketing 2023

sue

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@FearTheBeard you seem to be in the know about all the seating/ticketing arrangements at the G so thought I'd ask. Which areas in the Northern Stand level M are generally MFC Members reserved seat areas and which are reserved bays for MFC GA Members (do these even exist anymore)? I am an AFL Member with MFC club support but want to sit in the Northern Stand on Saturday night against the Kangas because I'm sick of being surrounded by opposition supporters or sitting in a sparsely populated bay. Is there an area on ground level in the Northern Stand I can get into as a GA Melbourne member? I know I could sit behind the goals where the cheer squad is but I prefer the wing rather than behind the goals.

Cheers

Melourne member reserved seating areas for 2023 are:

Olympic: M50-M53, N49, N52-N57 (some are corporate areas)

GSS: M13-M16 1/2, N1-N14, P1-P14

For Saturday night M55-M57 will be GA as well as M4-M10.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@FearTheBeard you seem to be in the know about all the seating/ticketing arrangements at the G so thought I'd ask. Which areas in the Northern Stand level M are generally MFC Members reserved seat areas and which are reserved bays for MFC GA Members (do these even exist anymore)? I am an AFL Member with MFC club support but want to sit in the Northern Stand on Saturday night against the Kangas because I'm sick of being surrounded by opposition supporters or sitting in a sparsely populated bay. Is there an area on ground level in the Northern Stand I can get into as a GA Melbourne member? I know I could sit behind the goals where the cheer squad is but I prefer the wing rather than behind the goals.

Cheers

Separately, we are also AFL members with MFC Club Support. Sit level 2A for all games and for smaller games like this will sit in the Level 2A medallion club which is empty around P17-P20 and it is full of older Melbourne fans who do the same.

• Like 1

Hopefully, dee fans who aren't members are buying their tickets for the KB game now as I suspect it will be a sell out before long.  It could be a bigger crowd than ANZAC Eve. 

As our Home game it would be fantastic if we can have more fans than Coll and make more noise than them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Hopefully, dee fans who aren't members are buying their tickets for the KB game now as I suspect it will be a sell out before long.  It could be a bigger crowd than ANZAC Eve. 

As our Home game it would be fantastic if we can have more fans than Coll and make more noise than them.

Would love to be able to reserve some seats for MCC King's Birthday but cannot purchase them until May 23rd,

I just bought some Kozzy $36 GA memberships.🙂

Went to Ticketek to upgrade them and to get reserved seats for Coll game but got this message:

image.png.a05d385713b6e78feda7366c974e3fa4.png

Tried the same thing for other home games but got the same message.

Any help on how to upgrade/reserve seat ticket would be appreciated.

TIA

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Went to Ticketek to upgrade them and to get reserved seats for Coll game but got this message:

TIA

You have to wait for the bays to become available. For Anzac eve M4 only came up a couple weeks before the game. 
otherwise click on general public and reserve level 4 from there. Level 1 and level 4 front is exhausted for Collingwood. There is going to be very little GA for this game.

Edited by FearTheBeard
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

You have to wait for the bays to become available. For Anzac eve M4 only came up a couple weeks before the game. 
otherwise click on general public and reserve level 4 from there. Level 1 and level 4 front is exhausted for Collingwood. There is going to be very little GA for this game.

Thanks.

It will probably be easier and cheaper if I buy guest passes to the mfc reserved P level bays in the SWS

For those who didn't enjoy the new parking set up last weekend, order has been restored...

Your parking experience in Yarra Park

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking the time to purchase a Yarra Park car parking ticket in advance of last weekend’s Round 7 matches at the MCG. 

On behalf of the Melbourne Cricket Club who manages the MCG precinct and Yarra Park, I would like to personally apologise to patrons who had a disappointing parking experience last weekend.

After assessing feedback received from fans and over the course of last weekend, the MCC will re-introduce the pay at the gate system on game days where Yarra Park is safe to be opened for parking.

Parking in Yarra Park is not available for MCG matches where a high crowd attendance is forecast in order to allow for an uninterrupted and safe entry and exit from the stadium. In the event of continual poor weather or heavy rains, the MCC may also close Yarra Park for parking to allow the heritage-listed parkland to recover and maintain its condition.

The cost of parking in Yarra Park for AFL matches remains at $10 per vehicle and payment can only be made through debit or credit cards. 

For patrons who took a proactive approach and pre-purchased parking tickets for upcoming fixtures in Rounds 8-15, the MCC thanks you for your willingness to adapt to proposed changes, however, tickets will be refunded to allow for a clean slate for all patrons going forward. Refunds will be automatically issued by Ticketek in the coming weeks.

The pre-paid parking system will remain in place for accessibility (disability) permit holders after positive feedback was received from those patrons who appreciated being able to plan their journey and book parking in advance following an initial trial which began in 2022. 

Patrons who hold accessibility (disability) permits will also have the option to pay at the Yarra Park entry gates.

The MCC would also like to acknowledge patrons who had a positive experience as a result of the move to pre-paid parking, and encourages all patrons to plan their journey to the MCG ahead of time for future fixtures and arrive early if planning to park in Yarra Park. 

For more information about parking in Yarra Park, visit mcg.org.au/parking.

If you experienced any issues with the pre-paid parking model in Round 7, please get in touch with our customer service team at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Josh Eltringham
General Manager – Venue & Event Services
Melbourne Cricket Club 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JTR said:

For those who didn't enjoy the new parking set up last weekend, order has been restored...

what went wrong out of interest?

Seemed a reasonable idea...

Personally I think it's time to stop using permanent parkland for car parking...... park and ride is the way

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 10:19 AM, Diamond_Jim said:

what went wrong out of interest?

Seemed a reasonable idea...

Personally I think it's time to stop using permanent parkland for car parking...... park and ride is the way

I agree. It was a painless process for me and I quite liked that I could book and turn up 30 mins before game, rather than getting there as soon as parking gates opened to ensure a spot.

Some of the (unverified) issues I have heard...

There was a log jam at the gate of people who didn't know about new process and turned up thinking they could pay as they did previously.  Apparently they had no alternative method available for them to pay and so were refused entry.

The new system required you to book specific areas/gates for entry (eg accessibility parking) so if you turned up at the wrong gate they were (again, apparently) turning people around.  Easy enough I suppose for a person walking to the wrong gate at the ground with their entry ticket, but not so much for a car sitting in a one way queue at car park gate!

There was also a disclaimer on the website that if the weather turned bad and they made the call to close Yarra Park, all those who already had a car park booked would be directed elsewhere and refunded. Didn't happen for our game but can see how it wouldn't be ideal to have a few thousand cars in the city looking for a new place to park on short notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, finally getting around to sorting out Kings Birthday tickets/upgrades vs. GA - pop in the membership number, showing [censored] end of L4 available, but also reading that sections and bays may become available closer to the game.. what's my best option? Is it likely other sections will open and be sold fast, or is this literally at that's left?

In previous years we've also entered the ground as GA and purchased tickets on-sold by the DA, which was great fun - is that even a potential option this time around as well?

1 hour ago, Kiss of Death said:

So, finally getting around to sorting out Kings Birthday tickets/upgrades vs. GA - pop in the membership number, showing [censored] end of L4 available, but also reading that sections and bays may become available closer to the game.. what's my best option? Is it likely other sections will open and be sold fast, or is this literally at that's left?

In previous years we've also entered the ground as GA and purchased tickets on-sold by the DA, which was great fun - is that even a potential option this time around as well?

The way they do sales is staggered and bay by bay.

Currently they have sold all of level 1, level 4 Q1-Q15 bays A-J, Q49-Q55 rows A-U and Q56-Q57 are sold. They havent sold the back of Level 4 yet.

They will put on Q49-Q55 rows V-MM soon and there will be no GA access in the Olympic stand and potentially also the Southern stand. Ponsford is yet to go on sale but only availability will be level 4 rows M-Back.

It looks like the crowd is going to be close to 90,000, I have never seen so many reserved seats sold for a Melbourne game a month before the game.

If you wait until closer to the game some seats in M4 and M53 may go on sale to Melbourne GA members if not all of those were reserved as part of the Blockbuster memberships. 

You can message the Demon Army on Facebook and see if they will have any availability, all of M3 will be reserved for them.

44 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

The way they do sales is staggered and bay by bay.

Currently they have sold all of level 1, level 4 Q1-Q15 bays A-J, Q49-Q55 rows A-U and Q56-Q57 are sold. They havent sold the back of Level 4 yet.

They will put on Q49-Q55 rows V-MM soon and there will be no GA access in the Olympic stand and potentially also the Southern stand. Ponsford is yet to go on sale but only availability will be level 4 rows M-Back.

It looks like the crowd is going to be close to 90,000, I have never seen so many reserved seats sold for a Melbourne game a month before the game.

If you wait until closer to the game some seats in M4 and M53 may go on sale to Melbourne GA members if not all of those were reserved as part of the Blockbuster memberships. 

You can message the Demon Army on Facebook and see if they will have any availability, all of M3 will be reserved for them.

Was going to say surely this will be the year we can hit close to 90k for the King's bday. 

I've never wanted to win a home and away game as much as I do coming into the King's bday game. Collingwood have an arrogance atm that needs to be squashed. 

And too many times we've been their bunnies even when we've had better seasons. 

• Like 5

So... same question as I asked before Anzac Eve, but this may be an even bigger crowd again.

If i turn up on the day with my GA membership card, will I be ok to get in?

Or is it possible GA members will be locked out?

Weird to have to worry about this sort of thing during the H&A season!  😱

10 hours ago, JTR said:

So... same question as I asked before Anzac Eve, but this may be an even bigger crowd again.

If i turn up on the day with my GA membership card, will I be ok to get in?

Or is it possible GA members will be locked out?

Weird to have to worry about this sort of thing during the H&A season!  😱

There are going to be extremely limited general admission areas. Something like Q1-Q6 rows Q-DD and Q31-Q36 rows AA-MM. 

Would be safer reserving for this game 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 10:01 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

TIA

I did as well. Where did you get your membership number from? i have had zero correspondance from MFC other than marketing emails. 

6 hours ago, FearTheBeard said:

There are going to be extremely limited general admission areas. Something like Q1-Q6 rows Q-DD and Q31-Q36 rows AA-MM. 

Would be safer reserving for this game 

Should crack 90k with Melbourne members filling MCC and Collingwood members filling AFL. Would be great to see, I don't think we have had a 90k+ H&A crowd since QB 1958

8 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

I did as well. Where did you get your membership number from? i have had zero correspondance from MFC other than marketing emails. 

There are no bays available at the moment for Melbourne members to upgrade to, M4 may be available closer to the game but is unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Should crack 90k with Melbourne members filling MCC and Collingwood members filling AFL. Would be great to see, I don't think we have had a 90k+ H&A crowd since QB 1958

It is so hard to get to 90K these days but reserved seat sales are about 3 weeks ahead of where Anzac Eve reserved seats were at. I think it will be 87.5K-90K

2 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Hi

I'm an AFL member

How does one order a physical membership card

Thanks

You had to request it with your membership when we were sent the sign up emails, am sure you can still do it in the afl membership portal. If not call the membership department at 9am and you’ll get through easily 

On 5/12/2023 at 2:21 PM, Gawndy the Great said:

Apologies for not replying earlier - I have been interstate and took a mini break from DL.

See the post below from FTB for a possible reason for the Ticketek message.

The membership number should appear in your membership account.  Login via mfc website and go to the 'Membership Details' page.  If number isn't there call or email the club.  I've had good responses from them. 

For Ticketek you willl need the 12 digit barcode number which is also on the 'Membership Details' of your account.

On 5/2/2023 at 10:11 AM, FearTheBeard said:

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, old55 said:

How can I find out my barcode for Ticketek ticket purchase if I only have the online membership and don't have the physical card?

Its in the 'Membership Details' of your account.  If not familair with the process follow these steps:

• Click the 'Membership' tab on mfc websie. 
  • Click on 'Login'
  • It will take you to this the Ticketmaster website which is where accounts are held. 
  • Click on 'Sign in'. 
  • Put in email address then password when requested.  
  • Your 'Membership Details' page should appear.

The 12 digit barcode will be listed for each membership.

Other posters may know of a shortcut.  And maybe the mobile app is easier but I haven't tried that.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 1