What I'd Like to See from the MFC in Twenty Twenty Three

So a with a little ryhm to the title, here's a thread to dump your wishes for the MFC's season to come.

So, asides from the obvious premiership, what is something you'd like to happen from a player or the team as a whole?

For me I think a few things I'd love to see this year are; in no particular order:

*  Trac get back to his goal kicking best - yes he kicked two in the 2021 GF, including a magic dribbler that started the 'Bang Bang Bang' , but I don't feel that Christian's goal kicking has been as sharp as it could be for a few years.  There was a season (somewhere 2018 - 2020 I think) where he was absolutely on top of his goal kicking game and you could back him in to nail a set shot from either 25 out straight in front or 55m right on the boundary and I'd love to see more of that.

*  The MFC to slaughter Collingwood on the first Kings Birthday match;

*  The MFC to slaughter Sydney in Rd 3 and beat them by 12 points in Rd 24 to knock them out of the finals;

* The MFC to slaughter Hawthorn both times we play them and clap their pittifulfy attended supporter group leaving half way through the third quarter.

*  Generally I'd like to see us put more teams to the sward early if we can.  Maybe this is a bit presumptuous and arrogant, but after watching our team get dismembered and picked apart on so many occations, gee it would be good to watch the reverse and I will emphasise that this is more of a wish list and die hard supporters dream than an expectation of things to come.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

*  The MFC to slaughter Collingwood on the first Kings Birthday match;

*  The MFC to slaughter Sydney in Rd 3 and beat them by 12 points in Rd 24 to knock them out of the finals;

* The MFC to slaughter Hawthorn both times we play them and clap their pittifulfy attended supporter group leaving half way through the third quarter.

*  Generally I'd like to see us put more teams to the sward early if we can.  Maybe this is a bit presumptuous and arrogant, but after watching our team get dismembered and picked apart on so many occations, gee it would be good to watch the reverse and I will emphasise that this is more of a wish list and die hard supporters dream than an expectation of things to come.

Username checks out!

rod-grinter-c7a3022d-24a9-4b25-97bd-3ba6dbc4fdb-resize-750.jpeg

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

A fit and firing Salem.

A 70-goal year from Fritta.

A Brownlow for Clarry.

A fully functioning, multi-pronged forward line.

Kozzie re-signed.

Development of a small lock down defender to replace Hibbo.

Blooding of JvR, Woey jnr, McVee, Laurie, Howes, D Smith or AMW.

Grundy to justify his price tag.

Small forwards that kick goals!

Thrash Collingwood, Carlton, Brisbane and Geelong.

AFL and VFL teams to win flag to complete the trifecta!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Demon Disciple said:

A premiership.

Over the Cats, both with a full list to pick from. I want 2023 to be a 'referendum' on who the best team of the past 3 years is. No more flu, injury or any kind of excuses for both clubs!

Edit: OK clearly I'd prefer the Cats to miss the 8 or finish last, but if they're in it again this year, it would be nice to beat them in an epic 'legends are made' type of once in a generation GF!

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

*  Trac get back to his goal kicking best - yes he kicked two in the 2021 GF, including a magic dribbler that started the 'Bang Bang Bang' , but I don't feel that Christian's goal kicking has been as sharp as it could be for a few years.  There was a season (somewhere 2018 - 2020 I think) where he was absolutely on top of his goal kicking game and you could back him in to nail a set shot from either 25 out straight in front or 55m right on the boundary and I'd love to see more of that.

Trac kicked 26.6 in 2017, his second year. I think that's the season you're thinking of.

He also kicked 29.19 in our premiership year which was his second best season in terms of conversion.

19.29 in season 2022 from 24 games was obviously disappointing for a player of his talent, which included a 4 week span of 2.9 from rounds 8-11, and 0.2 in the finals.

Hopefully he can get back into the high 20's or even low 30's next year in terms of goal kicking.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

I echo @Rodney (Balls) Grinter sentiment about really beating Collingwood and Sydney, two teams that seem to have to always beat us regardless of what form or talent they have. I can almost sense that expectation and privilege from their fans... it sickens me. Let's "slaughter" them!

Echo that as well. Two clubs we've just had awful problems with under Goodwin (since we've become a highly competitive team)

I regret not enjoying the win over Sydney in 2021 more than I did. Our only win in against them in Victoria since 2010.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Stu said:

I echo @Rodney (Balls) Grinter sentiment about really beating Collingwood and Sydney, two teams that seem to have to always beat us regardless of what form or talent they have. I can almost sense that expectation and privilege from their fans... it sickens me. Let's "slaughter" them!

6 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Echo that as well. Two clubs we've just had awful problems with under Goodwin (since we've become a highly competitive team)

I regret not enjoying the win over Sydney in 2021 more than I did. Our only win in against them in Victoria since 2010.

You pretty much nailed the reasons for my thirst for vengeance against those teams.  Against Sydney in the final last season, I planted myself in the middle of a Sydney memebers area, because I couldn't get the online ticketing system to allocate me anything decient in the MFC members allocation, but was able to get decient enough ones in the Sydney one.  Ended up sitting next to this obnoxious Sydney supporter who took offence to my passionate vocal support for our boys, which made loosing to them even harder to swallow.

Loosing to Collingwood in 2021 was bad at the time, but didn't hurt in the end after we won the flag.  Fortunately I was there at the Gabba in 2020 when we dismembered them, but asides from that, they've been a bit of a bogie side for us.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Trac kicked 26.6 in 2017, his second year. I think that's the season you're thinking of.

He also kicked 29.19 in our premiership year which was his second best season in terms of conversion.

19.29 in season 2022 from 24 games was obviously disappointing for a player of his talent, which included a 4 week span of 2.9 from rounds 8-11, and 0.2 in the finals.

Hopefully he can get back into the high 20's or even low 30's next year in terms of goal kicking.

I was possibly also thinking of 2019 when he kicked 22  goals 14, but looking back through his stats it almost seems like every second year his goal kicking is up the [censored] and in alternate years it's pretty respectable.

It's not that I'm being over critical of Trac, it's just that I think he's too talented of a player to consistently kick poorly for goal, when he shows that he can do it so well.  Could make a big difference to our fortunes him kicking 19.29, compared to 29.19 as we probably would have one a few of those games we lost last year had he (and/or others) kicked straight.

Clarry is the other who's set shots in particular defy his generally pretty solid kicking ability.  I recall some comentator claiming he could play a role as a part time forward based on his good kicking for goal three or four seasons back.  However his last few seasons his set shot goal kicking has been woeful (5.8 and 11.18).  I half wounder with Clarry and Trac if they were carrying injuries that impacted their kicking technique last season in particular?

If our gun mids can contribute a few more goals, it makes us a much more dangerous team, regardless of improvement in our dedicated forward setup.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Demonstone said:

You'll be pleased to learn that we will be playing all teams on the sward.  :D

Sward - an expanse of short grass.

Nice thanks Demonstone, I just learnt something, however a natural talent for poor spelling and a few reds probaby don't mix that well 😂.

Putting a few teams to the sword on the sward would be enjoyable 😊

• Haha 1

Play enjoyable football that is great to watch, Kick straight, hunt our opponents and win the Premiership.!!

• Like 3