• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2023 Injury List

Demonland

3 hours ago, layzie said:

What if he means the scope for caring less is very high and hasn't even scratched the surface with his 'low care' potential for this particular issue? 

Paging @Demonstone and @WalkingCivilWar for a grammar check.. 

Edit: Not for my post. 

Couldn’t care less means there’s no possibility of caring about something to any less a degree as you do now. Could care less means there is a possibility for caring about something even less than you do now. Simples.

Anyways, deciphering Clarrie-speak is futile. Even his family agree. Last year during the ‘Dogga: will he or won’t he stay?’ saga, Clarrie’s mum Michelle was heard to say that she personally hopes Dogga stays since he makes her son sound intelligible and even eloquent. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Clap 1

Happy to say that Fritta is coming along really well and is still on track to be ready for vs Sydney. They might hold off until week one of the finals. They’ve yet to decide.

There was a scare on the weekend though but that turned out to be a false alarm. Mrs Frittata and I were on the plane to Hobart wringing our hands in angst. Thank sweet baby Jesus in heaven it was much ado about nothing, or at least about nothing serious.

He was stoked to report to his mum that he’s now “running on real grass.” A huge step in his recovery, apparently.

So barring anything unforeseen, *31 will be fit and firing at the pointy end of the season.

*we call him 31 in texts coz it’s quicker to type. Hashtag literally just a number to his own mum. 😂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, rumpole said:

I’ve heard that Clarry completed the club’s main training session today and worked freely. He’ll be back to take on the Blues on Saturday night!!!

Any word on the Bailey?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, binman said:

Any word on the Bailey?

Two posts up ⬆️ for word on the Bayley. For Rumpole of the Bailey I can’t help you. 😁

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Americans say "Could care less"

Australians say "Couldn't care less"

Not actually sure which term is correct. 

Couldn’t care less is correct, as it’s suggesting that it’s not possible for you to care any less than you already do, which is what people are trying to say with that term.

Could care less suggests that you do still care somewhat and that it’s possible that you could in fact care less than you already do. 

But who cares I guess 😂

• Haha 3

What do you reckon the plan is with Tmac? Given Petty out for the season, How many weeks in the 2s? Or does it depends how a possible Grundy re-integration goes 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Americans say "Could care less"

Australians say "Couldn't care less"

Not actually sure which term is correct. 

The latter is correct.

Anyone using the former "would of" been incorrect.

And while I'm down there, it's "24x7" which equals all 168 hours in the week. Not "24/7" which is 3hrs and 26mins - not much of a commitment at all

Edited by old55
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, roy11 said:

What do you reckon the plan is with Tmac? Given Petty out for the season, How many weeks in the 2s? Or does it depends how a possible Grundy re-integration goes 

I think TMAC is cooked and if we’re relying on him to come back and have an impact in the finals, we have huge issues and are delusional. He was lucky to be getting a game before he was injured. His mobility is shot which was his greatest asset. 

Unfortunately he’s been a great soldier over the years but it’s time to move on. In saying that, if he does come back into the fold, I hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, Heart Beats True said:

I think TMAC is cooked and if we’re relying on him to come back and have an impact in the finals, we have huge issues and are delusional. He was lucky to be getting a game before he was injured. His mobility is shot which was his greatest asset. 

Unfortunately he’s been a great soldier over the years but it’s time to move on. In saying that, if he does come back into the fold, I hope he proves me wrong.

Curious to see what his movement is like post surgery in case that was hindering him. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Two posts up ⬆️ for word on the Bayley. For Rumpole of the Bailey I can’t help you. 😁

Yes, that was my little joke (Rumpole of the Bailey).

Thanks by the way on the info on Fritter - can't wait to see him back.

Surely one of the most underrated players in the AFL given he the top goal scorer in an premiership team and again last year, in team that finished the home and way season in second spot. 

• Like 6
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

Amazing to think we have had, for the majority of the season, no Brown, Tmac, fritsch and are sitting 2nd with a great percentage. it’s been a transitional year for us up forward and up to now we’ve been nothing but impressive. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

Amazing to think we have had, for the majority of the season, no Brown, Tmac, fritsch and are sitting 2nd with a great percentage. it’s been a transitional year for us up forward and up to now we’ve been nothing but impressive. 

It is amazing.

I know you are talking forwards, but to that list we can add clarry, a generational talent, and top 5 in the AFL, for half a season.

Petty for half a season.

Salem for half a season.

And Maxy for 3 games.

I heard hodge today on sen.

He gave his top five coaches in the afl, using a formula of his own creation (including over coming having key players out injured).

His top 5?

1. Mcrae (he mentioned mcstay  as a key out)

2. Kingsley

3. Hinkley

4. Mitchell 

5. Voss

Whateley, who said a couple of times if you dont like the list make your own, said his list had the same names. 

I get it, controversy creates clicks and that's the purpose of such lists.

But c'mon. 

Edited by binman
  • Like 5
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, binman said:

It is amazing.

I know you are talking forwards, but to that list we can add clarry, a generational talent, and top 5 in the AFL, for half a season.

Petty for half a season.

Salem for half a season.

And Maxy for 3 games.

He gave his top five coaches in the afl, using a formula of his own creation (including over coming having key players out injured).

His top 5?

2. Kingsley

3. Hinkley

4. Mitchell 

5. Voss

Whateley, who said a couple of times if you dont like the list make your own, said his list had the same names. 

But c'mon. 

The improvers get all the attention don’t they!  Being consistently at the top top level you can get over looked. Imo Goody has had his best season in the chair by a mile this year . Yes we won it in 21 but we did w little to no injuries and little to no course direction change over the season also. 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

12 minutes ago, binman said:

It is amazing.

Petty for half a season.

Salem for half a season.

And Maxy for 3 games.

His top 5?

2. Kingsley

3. Hinkley

4. Mitchell 

5. Voss

But c'mon. 

Meh, just someones opinion binman. You really do have a gripe with what the media say about us lately. I'd rather fly under the radar personally. The best coach in the end holds up the cup, that's all that matters :) 

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

23 minutes ago, binman said:

2. Kingsley

3. Hinkley

4. Mitchell 

5. Voss

Hilarious. Goody coached his team to the minor and proper premiership in ‘21, finished 2nd last year, top 4 (or better) this year! Doesn’t matter how unsexy he might appear to media (and he really doesn’t excite them), by sheer performance over a 3 year period, he HAS to be top 3. I reckon the other reason they don’t rate him is that in this world of goldfish attention spans, he’s just old news. They’re already bored with the MFC/Goody being successful. Incredible, but true I reckon. Put that together with a perception that MFC’s list is blessed with talent (albeit they’ve become bored with talking about our stars too), and Goody becomes irrelevant to these utter muppets. 

Edited by Webber
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nedleg said:

IMG_5572.jpeg

The existence of infinite caring implies the existence of negative infinite caring, on the caring real number line mathematically speaking. So caring 0 is only halfway there.

Edited by Chook
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

18 minutes ago, Chook said:

The existence of infinite caring implies the existence of negative infinite caring, on the caring real number line mathematically speaking. So caring 0 is only halfway there.

Not necessarily. The range of the square of all real numbers is real numbers greater than or equal to zero. The existence of a positive square does not imply the existence of a negative square.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 2

3 minutes ago, old55 said:

Not necessarily. The range of the square of all real numbers is real numbers greater than or equal to zero. The existence of a positive square does not imply the existence of a negative square.

Hho.gif

• Haha 4
  • Clap 1

55 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Meh, just someones opinion binman. You really do have a gripe with what the media say about us lately. I'd rather fly under the radar personally. The best coach in the end holds up the cup, that's all that matters :) 

I agree.  We were getting all the media attention in 2018 and we know where that got us (as good as it was at the time).  What we have now is far more consistent which is boring for the media

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heart Beats True said:

I would think so as well.  However, if he is not cooked... he may have timed his run well.  We're currently running into finals with our main swing man / forward (Petty) down and out... and intending to rely on Smith (who has never had much luck staying on the park).

TMac (who admittedly frustrates the bejesus out of me when playing) has the ability to play forward, back and has also relieved in the ruck previously.  We're only an injury or two away from needing me... who knows... if he gets it together in the VFL he may get called on anyway.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, binman said:

It is amazing.

Petty for half a season.

Salem for half a season.

And Maxy for 3 games.

His top 5?

2. Kingsley

3. Hinkley

4. Mitchell 

5. Voss

But c'mon. 

i usually dont, but upon hearing that launched into a diatribe via SEN SMS citing 3 consecutive top 4 and possibly top 2 finishes. But im not sure what the criteria is for this anyway - is it most improved? most wins? most consistent?

You could just about make the list then come up with a number of justifiable stats to back it up. How Voss gets on that list after losing 7 or 8 on the trot is laughable. He was just about sacked mid-year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Webber said:

Hilarious. Goody coached his team to the minor and proper premiership in ‘21, finished 2nd last year, top 4 (or better) this year! Doesn’t matter how unsexy he might appear to media (and he really doesn’t excite them), by sheer performance over a 3 year period, he HAS to be top 3. I reckon the other reason they don’t rate him is that in this world of goldfish attention spans, he’s just old news. They’re already bored with the MFC/Goody being successful. Incredible, but true I reckon. Put that together with a perception that MFC’s list is blessed with talent (albeit they’ve become bored with talking about our stars too), and Goody becomes irrelevant to these utter muppets. 

The list was his top 5 coaches this season. I can't remember exactly his criteria, it was a bit rubbery, but included overcoming injury and list strength, 

As i noted i get why he would leave out Goodwin - creates some angst and some click worthy content.

And for what it's worth I'd have Mcrae top too - he has changed the way the game is played, something normally only premiership winning coaches do (eg Hardwick - and i would argue Goody too)

And i would have Voss and Kingsley in my top 5 as well.

I wouldn't have Mitchell in my top 5, but i see where he is coming from because i love that Mitchell is trying to develop a game plan that is the benchmark in 5 years time not following the current trend (Mitchell's words). And as Hodge said he took very gutsy gamble cleaning out his team of so many experienced players like Gunston. 

But leaving Hodge's opinion aside, i really believe that as a broad generalization, Goody doesn't get the respect or credit he deserves, even on this forum.

Leaving aside previous years, goody has been brilliant this season:

• Clear in his messaging (eg it's all about peaking in September, what the dees DNA and game looks like etc)
  • His tactical nous (eg Goody showed the competition how to beat the Pies, not Voss or Mitchell)
  • The changes he has implemented from their post 2022 review (eg player management, less rigid with roles)
  • Player management (eg bringing in Woey to get a taste of AFL footy),
  • Courage (eg dropping Grundy)
  • His preparedness to experiment (eg Petty forward)
  • His push back on silly media narratives (eg the baloney about our 'scoring and connection issues' = by the by, the Pies haven't scored more than 100 points since round 18)
  • The third top 4 finish in three years (no mean feat)
  • And the way it now feels like we have multiple ways we can win, with different methods (eg fast, slow, all about attack, take away oppo strengths etc etc) 
  • The value of this approach is now becoming very clear, with the Pies having been worked out to an extent (as we were last year), but having no time to practice i game any significant game plan adjustments  

Goody has been simply fantastic this season.

I understand he won't get the respect and credit he deserves from the media (unless of course we win the flag).

But i live in hope he gets the respect and credit he deserves on Demonland.

Onya goody:goody2:

Edited by binman
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2