Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

2 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

You don't rate Bedford, Lauire and Chandler?  Not sure who is around that is better than at least one of them.

Wondering who would a new 'pressure small' displace from our starting 22?

I don't think the club rates them, otherwise I reckon they might have changed things up earlier in the year. But perhaps the FD made the decision to try one more year of what worked so well last year and then re set in 2023?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Action Jackson said:

Laurie re-signed this year I'm pretty sure.

I reckon after another pre-season he will play some games next year. Think he just needs to build up his tank a bit more, but I think he will be a player for us long term.

Not convinced.

IMO Howes, Chandler and Bedford will get games ahead of him, if Kade and Toby stay..

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

Interesting about Ratagolea. I love his attack on the footy. He also hits packs very hard. But the outcome seems about the same as that of Weid. Lots of effort, gets to contests, but rarely actually takes the mark.

Perhaps the difference is the physical impact on the contest.  Ratagolea is like Casboult - everyone in the marking contest feels the thump of his presence. At the right price, maybe this means he is a good option and fit for the Dees.

Not fully convinced, but worth a ponder. 

16 minutes ago, Maldonboy38 said:

Interesting about Ratagolea. I love his attack on the footy. He also hits packs very hard. But the outcome seems about the same as that of Weid. Lots of effort, gets to contests, but rarely actually takes the mark.

Perhaps the difference is the physical impact on the contest.  Ratagolea is like Casboult - everyone in the marking contest feels the thump of his presence. At the right price, maybe this means he is a good option and fit for the Dees.

Not fully convinced, but worth a ponder. 

He can't kick to save himself - Think Jake Melksham on set shots last Friday night  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Not sure about that... Laurie is really in his first year, early injuries and covid restricted season. He will eventually play senior footy and be a good footballer.

Laurie is in his second year with us. Yes he had an injury last year.

10 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Bit like tall forwards there isn't really any ready made small forwards that we could chase.

Other then that, I agree with you. Another x factor small like a Pickett/Papley would add a different level of element to our forward mix.

i would've loved zurhaar for that marking ability but also the pressure and presence at ground level that he has

Hopper and Taranto meeting with Richmond, and Bobby Hill off to Collingwood apparently. It’s quickly becoming evident that we are moving to a 2 stage competition. The big clubs top up when needed from the feeder clubs - and are constantly in contention as a result. It’s a shame really. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Like Andy Mahhhhher, I'm genuinely stunned that Carlton have delisted Stocker. 

They traded up on the night of the draft just to select him in the first round! Bizarre !

I'd offer him a spot for sure.

I've not seen anything of him 'Jimmy' but Carlton have torched a few first rounders over the last decade.

What would he bring to us?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

Like Andy Mahhhhher, I'm genuinely stunned that Carlton have delisted Stocker. 

They traded up on the night of the draft just to select him in the first round! Bizarre !

I'd offer him a spot for sure.

Would fit right in with us, he has terrible disposal, which is why he has been delisted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

god i would

he's not even average

While I agree that he hasn't shown much at Carlton, I reckon that's Carlton playing him out of position and developing him poorly.

Reckon we could turn him around.

33 minutes ago, rjay said:

I've not seen anything of him 'Jimmy' but Carlton have torched a few first rounders over the last decade.

What would he bring to us?

He's explosive, hard and competitive and versatile and has a lot of growth left given his injury history.

I just think he'd be a good project and has some great scope.

13 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Would fit right in with us, he has terrible disposal, which is why he has been delisted.

Disagree, his disposal is fine. Definitely not laser, but no more inconsistent than Petracca, Brayshaw etc at the best of times.

• Thanks 1

Here's one to get your knickers in a knot.

My son supports North ( I know what can I say, my late father recruited him) and came home angry believing North will trade their pick 1. His North connection (unnamed) tells him that North will get Lobbe and Acres and possibly a future first-rounder for their pick 1 which will be traded to Freo who will then use it to trade for Jackson. That would mean MFC get to pick 1.

I immediately called bulltish but he is adamant that his mate always gets good mail. North need players not first-year recruits in his opinion.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Older demon said:

My son supports North ( I know what can I say, my late father recruited him) and came home angry believing North will trade their pick 1. His North connection (unnamed) tells him that North will get Lobbe and Acres and possibly a future first-rounder for their pick 1 which will be traded to Freo who will then use it to trade for Jackson. That would mean MFC get to pick 1.

I immediately called bulltish but he is adamant that his mate always gets good mail. North need players not first-year recruits in his opinion.

Interesting concept 

How would we use a number 1 pick in 2022…..?

10 hours ago, Lucifers Hero said:

You don't rate Bedford, Lauire and Chandler?  Not sure who is around that is better than at least one of them.

Wondering who would a new 'pressure small' displace from our starting 22?

Bedford has improved but he’s still tracking as depth. Chandler very much depth, lacks an stand out traits. Laurie is very much a midfielder/high half forward.

Definitely time for another swing in the draft. Probably be wise to move one of Bedford or Chandler to open a list spot too rather than keep too many one dimensional smalls.

10 minutes ago, Older demon said:

Not even Wayne Carey’s pick 1 for Frost, Bugg and Tyson was that crazy. 

Closer to pick 1 in the rookie draft than the main draft.