Trade and Free Agency rumours

Nascent

3 hours ago, COVID Dan said:

I assume Oliver Henry would be worth a look? Promising key forward, pies struggling with cap space.

Not sure where he was drafted but you'd assume if he choose to leave it wouldn't cost a premium

Agree,  this kid looks good.  Needs to work on his kicking but is a dangerous prospect.

Plays alot taller than he is and would be a great addition to our fwd line.  

Reports are he has an offer on the table from Coll but isn't happy with it.  Not sure if it's length or $$$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Travy14 said:

Agree,  this kid looks good.  Needs to work on his kicking but is a dangerous prospect.

Plays alot taller than he is and would be a great addition to our fwd line.  

Reports are he has an offer on the table from Coll but isn't happy with it.  Not sure if it's length or $$$

Is Oliver Henry another Bailey Fritsch type?  I love the Frittata but we need a strong bodied high flyer if we can find one. 

• Like 1

Just now, monoccular said:

Is Oliver Henry another Bailey Fritsch type?  I love the Frittata but we need a strong bodied high flyer if we can find one. 

Na,  watching Henry this year he hits packs.  And only his first year in the AFL.  He would play T-Mac's role.  Might not be as tall but can jump higher.

A future fwd line of JVR, Henry and Fritta it a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Whatever we get for LJ, I’d be offering only slightly less (if not the same for TDK). He is currently a better forward than LJ IMO (better at overhead marking) though a lesser ruck.

We are in our window NOW. He would help keep it open if Jacko were to leave. Sometimes you’ve got to pay the piper.

Edited by Demon Disciple
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, COVID Dan said:

I assume Oliver Henry would be worth a look? Promising key forward, pies struggling with cap space.

Not sure where he was drafted but you'd assume if he choose to leave it wouldn't cost a premium

Every time I watch Collingwood he plays well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

Whatever we get for LJ, I’d be offering only slightly less (if not the same for TDK). He is currently a better forward than LJ IMO (better at overhead marking) though a lesser ruck.

We are in our window NOW. He would help keep it open if Jacko were to leave. Sometimes you’ve got to pay the piper.

Agree completely, Grundy is a bandaid, and a pretty handy one if he gets fully fit, 

but TKD is a Luke Jackson replacement 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, monoccular said:

Any more bio on Josh Corbett? Age. Height? Weight? “Plays like?”

26yo was a mature age pickup from the vfl as part of the suns assistance package 4 years ago. 190cm but solidly built at 90kgs good third tall who flies for the footy i would say gunston model but he's probably more of a mcstay build/pressence in terms that i'm not sure how quick he is but in a 1v1 wrestle or standing under a pack he probably goes better. has 29 goals from 33 games at afl level and kicked 25.15 from 10 vfl games before the weekends haul. doesn't appear to be much of a tackler though

16 hours ago, monoccular said:

yeh he's always good for 3-4 scoring shots a game, but low possesion player atm but can see him getting up the ground in future, he's elite overhead and strong on the lead. he's gonna be a star. has genuine x-factor will be a top top player

16 hours ago, Travy14 said:

Na,  watching Henry this year he hits packs.  And only his first year in the AFL.  He would play T-Mac's role.  Might not be as tall but can jump higher.

don't think you could play all three of them without a second genuine tall/resting ruck set up. whilst henry and fritta are good overhead if you put bodywork into them they lose their explosiveness and the reason they are so dangerous as forwards is because they get matchups that favour them in terms of size/height

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Travy14 said:

He looks very good for sure but i would rather try to make a big splash on a King brother, Mckay etc. Someone with proven ability. Henry more a fall back option

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DubDee said:

interesting alright, but the dogs issue all year was quality tall fwds that take marks.  Naughton was triple teamed.  Schache is useless, UH and Darcy are young but look good.  They need another tall to be 2nd ruck with English and take some marks

On number 2, Freo are deperate for talls especially up fwd.  with Lobb goen, Tabener always injured.  I think they will not play Jackson no 1 ruck while Darcy is playing.  Does LJ want to play predominately fwd??  doubt it

My tip is that Jackson will play in the midfield for Freo. Replace Fyfe . Can run, can mark & will develop.( Would like him at Dees still though.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

If true, then go hard! He's shown he could become an elite ruckman as he matures more and like his brother his aerial work and contested marking is very good. He's the right age bracket having just turned 23 years old a few weeks ago, so he'd be perfect as a long term ruck options after Max.
23 years old, 203cms tall, 103kgs, very athletic for his size. I'd be offering him a decent bit of coin and throwing a first rounder at Carlton for him.

Not suggesting he'd be a straight swap  for De Koning, but the blues might be good fit for Tomo.

They need some key defenders and realistically Tomo is going to struggle to get into our back six.

The blues looked like they are tying to implement the goal keeper system we use and given Tomo has played in our defensive system, and in the gola keeper role too, he'd help the blues implement that system. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

I'd certainly offer two 2nd round picks for De Koning straight up. If we can get De Koning ahead of Grundy, it would be a massive win as it also looks after our future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

I'd certainly offer two 2nd round picks for De Koning straight up. If we can get De Koning ahead of Grundy, it would be a massive win as it also looks after our future.

They would want a 1st rounder and fair enough.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rpfc said:

They would want a 1st rounder and fair enough.

i don't see a 1st rounder here. don't confuse him with his (better) brother

Tom De Koning Career

Season Num MT Team K Avg H Avg D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Totals   41   233 5.7 167 4.1 400 9.8 105 2.6 636 15.5 92 2.2 44 48 12 0.3 12 84 2336 57
2022 12 19 Carlton 120 6.3 87 4.6 207 10.9 49 2.6 327 17.2 46 2.4 24 21 4 0.2 6 30 1183 62.3
2021 12 13 Carlton 81 6.2 42 3.2 123 9.5 40 3.1 219 16.8 26 2 16 15 7 0.5 4 46 787 60.5
2020 12 7 Carlton 26 3.7 28 4 54 7.7 10 1.4 87 12.4 16 2.3 3 9 0 0 2 2 293 41.9
2018 12 2 Carlton 6 3 10 5 16 8 6 3 3 1.5 4 2 1 3 1 0.5 0 6 73 36.5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

Tom De Koning Career

Season Num MT Team K Avg H Avg D Avg M Avg HO Avg T Avg FF FA G Avg B SC Rat Avg
Totals   41   233 5.7 167 4.1 400 9.8 105 2.6 636 15.5 92 2.2 44 48 12 0.3 12 84 2336 57
2022 12 19 Carlton 120 6.3 87 4.6 207 10.9 49 2.6 327 17.2 46 2.4 24 21 4 0.2 6 30 1183 62.3
2021 12 13 Carlton 81 6.2 42 3.2 123 9.5 40 3.1 219 16.8 26 2 16 15 7 0.5 4 46 787 60.5

Sorry, I don’t read The Matrix.

I think he is good, his brother better but he would really be a poor man’s LJ and suit our needs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Working with the master before succeeding him after a year or 2 a great selling point to De Koning. That and we're in our window

The more i think about it i reckon we should go hard especially if a 2 rounder is the price

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BDA said:

Working with the master before succeeding him after a year or 2 a great selling point to De Koning. That and we're in our window

The more i think about it i reckon we should go hard especially if a 2 rounder is the price

a tomlinson trade makes good sense, no?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, CYB said:

That would be a steal. But I reckon he ends up playing with his brother . Geelong just gets things done. 

Except winning finals - may that continue forever 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hopefully LJ stays.

If not:

Grundy at $650/700k Pies paying $300k gives you an ex All Australian(?) who has had many close battles with Max over the years. Means we have two elite ruckman with different styles and likely extends both careers. Grundy also covers a lot of ground so fits into our all team defence.

Look at the midfield combos:

Max/Grundy Trac/Brayshaw Oliver Viney/Sparrow Harmes

Would still provide an awesome midfield with high level of flexibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

Tom De Koning Career

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2022&rt=LA&st=CM

#21 in the league for average contested marks per game and among some pretty good company.

• Like 2