• rd 8 vs aints: 93
  • rd 9 @ meth coke: 112
  • rd 10 @ north: 100
  • rd 15 vs bears: 117
  • rd 16 @ crom: 94

that's some decent scoring

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'd like to see a breakdown of goal sources from Mids, small forwards and tall.

And an analysis of scoring efficiency from F50 entries - I'd be shocked if we were high on that measure - our defence and midfield pump the ball in more than most teams 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

It does read like he played a game with the Auskick kids. Would have been fun to watch.

Well I presume he wasn’t outreached very often. 🙄

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

refuse to believe forward line is an issue personally

scores in wins:

• rd 1 vs footscray: 97
  • rd 2 @ gc17: 82
  • rd 3 vs peptides: 99
  • rd 4 @ pear: 68
  • rd 5 vs gw$: 120
  • rd 6 @ tiggas: 76
  • rd 7 vs hawks: 91
  • rd 8 vs aints: 93
  • rd 9 @ meth coke: 112
  • rd 10 @ north: 100
  • rd 15 vs bears: 117
  • rd 16 @ crom: 94

that's some decent scoring

Agreed. We have a percentage of 140 after 15 games, and we didn’t have one of those meaningless 100 point wins over North or the Eagles.

I guess people have to complain about something? Our forward line is doing its job. Most importantly it suits our game plan - that sees us on top with a big percentage.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Not really team related, but what a massive stuff up by the AFL holding a 1 v 2 clash at GMHBA stadium, while it is also going through a renovation and isn't even near full capacity.

Probably would have got 60-70k at the G minimum. Farcical.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'd like to see a breakdown of goal sources from Mids, small forwards and tall.

I go into a game thinking we will win if the following occurs:

Key forwards: B.Brown, Fritta, T. Mac 6 goals

Small Forwards: Kossie, Spargo, ANB 4 goals

Rucks: Gawn, Jackson 2

Mids/Half Fwds 3

Our structure has changed with Bedford replacing T Mac, so split will change. But I can't see us losing many games kicking 15 goals.

I don't care who kicks the goals so long as we get a contribution from each group.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

Not really team related, but what a massive stuff up by the AFL holding a 1 v 2 clash at GMHBA stadium, while it is also going through a renovation and isn't even near full capacity.

There is an AFL rule that says that the MFC must play at the Cattery every year.

It has been in existence for decades.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

There is an AFL rule that says that the MFC must play at the Cattery every year.

It has been in existence for decades.

It is a pathetic joke. Melbourne, St Kilda, North and Bulldogs get dragged down to that shizen hole every year. Why can't sides like the filth, Hawthorn and Essenscum play down there. And to think Geelong had a home game against Richmond at the MCG a couple of weeks ago is beyond belief. Every year when the draw comes out I read it and have multiple fits over the kryptonite park situation.

• Like 7

The five-day break should mean that both sides are more cautious on players who were sore.

For us that should mean that Hibbo, who is also our oldest player and had some tightness on Saturday, sits out this one. I assume Rivers gets the gig to play mainly on Close leaving May (Hawkins), Lever/Petty (Cameron, Stanley, Blicavs or their fresh big), Brayshaw (Danger), Salem (Stengle), Bowey (Narkle).

The other decision is whether to go back to the three bigs plus Fritsch forward set up that was so successful until our Freo game, or stick with the smaller, quicker line up that we have used in our past two wins. Ultimately I feel playing the Cats, you have to be big and strong so I'd prefer one of Kossie, Spargo or Bedford to be given the sub vest this week - whoever is the sorest. The advantage of going big should mean that the Cats send Blicavs back to play alongside Henry and Rohan (now playing back). Certainly I'd select the side that way and if conditions look poor for bigs, then it's easy to switch out a big and stick with the fourth small. 

Gawn and Jacko should both be fresh and for me I'd leave out whoever is the sorest out of Weid, M.Brown or B.Brown - I would say Mitch Brown but given he knows the ground so well, sometimes that can assist. So maybe it's time to give big Benny boy a rest.

• Like 1

Report on Fox.

Team Tips: It comes as the Dees copped several setbacks against Adelaide including Jake Lever (corked thigh), Ben Brown (knee) and Michael Hibberd (leg/hamstring), although the severity of their issues are unclear.

Anyone heard anything about these?

A bit worrying if any of those are correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Action Jackson said:

They didn't want to see Chris Scott break down in tears.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mo64 said:

I go into a game thinking we will win if the following occurs:

Key forwards: B.Brown, Fritta, T. Mac 6 goals

Small Forwards: Kossie, Spargo, ANB 4 goals

Rucks: Gawn, Jackson 2

Mids/Half Fwds 3

Our structure has changed with Bedford replacing T Mac, so split will change. But I can't see us losing many games kicking 15 goals.

I don't care who kicks the goals so long as we get a contribution from each group.

That's a pretty good measure and checklist!

Right now it's more a better bet hoping for the mids to kick 6 and Key forwards 3 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Report on Fox.

Team Tips: It comes as the Dees copped several setbacks against Adelaide including Jake Lever (corked thigh), Ben Brown (knee) and Michael Hibberd (leg/hamstring), although the severity of their issues are unclear.

BBB and Hibberd spent portions of the game on the bench with injury issues which was mentioned on the broadcast.

Given it's a 5 day break, you'd suspect at least one of those three mentioned might run out of time to get up for Thursday night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Report on Fox.

Thought Hib was the worst of the lot watching on tv. Brown seemingly got a knock early but came back on etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Report on Fox.

Not a single mention on the injury report and all 3 played out the game.

Lever played the game out exceptionally well, Brown kicked the goal on the final siren and Hibbo came back on after being assessed. 

I highly doubt we would not have subbed Hibbo off if we suspected he had a hammy when for once we had a defender as the sub. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

BBB and Hibberd spent portions of the game on the bench with injury issues which was mentioned on the broadcast.

Given it's a 5 day break, you'd suspect at least one of those three mentioned might run out of time to get up for Thursday night.

Just now, roy11 said:

Thought Hib was the worst of the lot watching on tv. Brown seemingly got a knock early but came back on etc 

Thanks guys.

None were on the club's injury report to the AFL so hopefully that means they will be fine.  We can't have too many 'injured' players in a crunch game like this.

• Like 2

Is it at all a surprise to anyone that now that our backline is settled again, our forward-line/scoring has improved as well? We set up a lot of our play from behind with May, Lever, Petty, and Gus taking interception marks and starting the chain from there. I'm not saying that we don't have an issue with the forward line; BBB is horribly out of form, Fritta seems to float in and out, and we don't seem to have a settled second tall forward, but we seem to generate a lot of scoring from the midfield and from players that rest/push forward. Trac played as a mid/HFF v Adelaide, Langdon has been much more willing to push forward for goals, while recently Sparrow and JJ have got the confidence to have cracks at goal themselves.

If Gawn is the only one coming in I think M Brown makes way as Weid is the better ruckman, if Jackson is ready to return it's a no brainer; Weid comes out as well. If both are being "rushed" in I would have at least one of Weid, Brown, or Tommo as sub. 

8 minutes ago, Pates said:

If Gawn is the only one coming in I think M Brown makes way as Weid is the better ruckman, if Jackson is ready to return it's a no brainer; Weid comes out as well. If both are being "rushed" in I would have at least one of Weid, Brown, or Tommo as sub. 

I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as you make it. I agree with Gawn in for Mitch Brown. But if Jackson comes back, it depends on whether the match committee wants a tall forward line, in which case Weideman stays and Bedford goes or whether they like the alternative of a smaller and faster forwards group, in which case Weideman would go and Bedford stay (unless Chandler is preferred). Being a night game with, at this stage, a 95% chance of showers in the evening, I hope it's the smaller, faster option.  

57 minutes ago, Pates said:

Is it at all a surprise to anyone that now that our backline is settled again, our forward-line/scoring has improved as well? We set up a lot of our play from behind with May, Lever, Petty, and Gus taking interception marks and starting the chain from there. I'm not saying that we don't have an issue with the forward line; BBB is horribly out of form, Fritta seems to float in and out, and we don't seem to have a settled second tall forward, but we seem to generate a lot of scoring from the midfield and from players that rest/push forward. Trac played as a mid/HFF v Adelaide, Langdon has been much more willing to push forward for goals, while recently Sparrow and JJ have got the confidence to have cracks at goal themselves.

If Weeds gets a game instead of Mitch Brown I'll spew up!

• Facepalm 2
  • Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, picket fence said:

If Weeds gets a game instead of Mitch Brown I'll spew up!

You might need the barf bag ready picket, honestly reckon that's the way they'll go. Don't forget he was an absolute liability against the Pies. I'm not gonna say that Weid had a good game against the Crows but he was being asked to be something he's not. If Jayden Hunt is being asked to play on Tom Hawkins we wouldn't expect miracles so we couldn't have ask more than Weid than to give his best go at each ruck contest, which IMO he did.

• Like 1