Whispering_Jack

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lot of optimism here. I am not. This game has an upset written all over it. Giants have historically pants us in stoppages and clearances and I suspect it will happen again tonight.

Question is will our defensive pressure negate any post clearance advantage obtained and whether we can create a turnover in D50. Not the best way to win but we have shown grit here.

Trac is playing hurt so De boer will most likely goto Oliver. We could try to throw a curveball by pushing Trac into HF and have Brayshaw run through the middle for the whole game. Keep wings unchanged and have JJ run with Kelly. 

• Like 2

Ahh ... Take 2.

Kick straight and we'll kill 'em.
Kick poorly and it'll be tougher than it needs to be.
Biggest threat is our own scoring efficiency.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

Well this thread shrunk quickly since the hour ago I was here. 

Obviously some very busy mods today 😁

Looking forward to a good game tonight to round a family reunion BBQ. Hoping for the chance to be loud in the suburbs of Brisbane.

Go us!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Whitfield is their danger man.  Beautiful kick.  Very attacking forays from their d50.

But it sounds like he is carrying an injury so he may not be as effective as usual.

12 minutes ago, CYB said:

Lot of optimism here. I am not. This game has an upset written all over it. Giants have historically pants us in stoppages and clearances and I suspect it will happen again tonight.

Question is will our defensive pressure negate any post clearance advantage obtained and whether we can create a turnover in D50. Not the best way to win but we have shown grit here.

Trac is playing hurt so De boer will most likely goto Oliver. We could try to throw a curveball by pushing Trac into HF and have Brayshaw run through the middle for the whole game. Keep wings unchanged and have JJ run with Kelly. 

I don’t reckon we care much about stoppage and clearance we setup to win the game through turnover and are usually happy to let the oppo have an extra in the midfield while we put ours behind the ball. 

• Like 1

I’ve always loved Jesse, and I still do. Therefore I hope he has a great game and even snags a few. Just as long as he does so as a player in the losing side. ❤️💙

• Like 6

I've got Gawn and Oliver in my Supercoach side and am looking to captain one of them for double points.
Who will have the bigger game do you all think?
With Pruess out I'm leaning towards Gawny but can he put together 2 in a row.
Oliver was quiet last week but he's rarely quiet 2 in a row.
What a conundrum 😕

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

I've got Gawn and Oliver in my Supercoach side and am looking to captain one of them for double points.
Who will have the bigger game do you all think?
With Pruess out I'm leaning towards Gawny.

I’d pick MAXXXXXY !!!

• Like 1

The problem with being at the top of the table and undefeated is we're bound to lose some time but I can never tell when so each and every game feels like a danger game

5 hours ago, adonski said:

Weid to bag another 4 goals, keeping up the trend of his feast or famine type performances

Unfortunately much more famine than feast.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Demon4Life said:

The problem with being at the top of the table and undefeated is we're bound to lose some time but I can never tell when so each and every game feels like a danger game

Much better feeling than wondering when we'll win one.  And we've all been there.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CYB said:

Preuss out is a big issue for them and as result i can't see them hurting us at stoppages and clearances.

7 minutes ago, adonski said:

Hopefully we can get the maid to set him up a feast for tonight then 

Depends whether or not Bitters can source an outfit.

Edited by Fork 'em

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game, which l haven’t had for any other games this year. The talk from David King about us being 50% better than any other team this year, and then having that re-enforced on AFL 360 makes me very uneasy. It would be very easy for us to fall back into old habits. Goody and the coaching staff have a real challenge on their hands tonight….l hope lm wrong but l fear l am not……

Edited by Dees2014

30 minutes ago, binman said:

Preuss out is a big issue for them and as result i can't see them hurting us at stoppages and clearances.

I can’t recall how Maxy was against Mumy but their midfield were renowned for picking off his hit outs, so wouldn’t count on this alone. Also Flynn coming in for Preuss will want to make a statement.

1 hour ago, CYB said:

If Trac is playing hurt why the hell would the football Dept tempt fate?? Better to play Dunstan and be done with it!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Hopefully not a bad omen but my Dees pedestrian gate fell off its hinges today 😬

98993379-320A-4E7E-9179-52C816869C32.jpeg

And on the other side of a DEEFence is just another Picket,

coz... All in all your just another Picket in the Wall!😁

• Haha 4