GAMEDAY: Rd 03 vs Essendon

Whispering_Jack

1 minute ago, Action Jackson said:

It doesn't matter if I do a PCR or RAT. The rules are the same, I have to do a 7 day ISO because my gf has it and we live together.

My other point was Ben Brown having to pull out as a 'close contact'. 

I just think the rules now are pointless.

i was not talking about current rules but the changes you were proposing

5 hours ago, FarNorthernD said:

I hate Essendon above all other teams because of their arrogance, their brutality in the 2000 GF, going to Windy Hill, their arrogance and their absolute refusal to accept responsibility or come clean about what they gave the players when they drug cheated. I also find them particularly arrogant. 
Back in 2012-15 I used to make a deal with a god that I don’t believe in, that I could live with just one win for the year as long as that was against the Bombers

It was individuals, not the org as a whole...

10 minutes ago, Rod Grinter Riot Squad said:

I want to see Weid aggressively attacking the ball in the air, something he did when he started his career, he has the talent, not sure about the confidence, so wish he took those marks late against Carlton.

Love the fact he stayed with us, the coaches obviously have faith, wish I was the same..

Hope he puts Velcro on his mits

Past time to ditch the covid restrictions. The country needs to move on

It’s a big chance for the Weid. I’ll be happy if he clunks a few, contests hard, desperate second efforts. A goal or 2 would be a bonus I want to see him bust his gut and show that he has the desire to play in this team. Otherwise VFL anonymity beckons

I reckon TMac will step up and kick 4 with contributions across the board from Fritsch Trac Kossie and a few others.

We don’t need to over extend ourselves so I reckon a regulation 4-6 goal win. We have bigger fish to fry

29 minutes ago, Engorged Onion said:

It was individuals, not the org as a whole...

yes you are right but I hate Essendon  too.  Michael long will always be on my hate list after GF 2000       friends have said get over it...  never  I hate Essendon  always will .  (their supporters are shockers  but then again so are all opposition supporters LOL)      Having got that of my chest  tonight is a real worry  I thought we were a bit lucky to beat them last year.      Of

course you cannot win every game and we are due for a loss sooner or later.  but not them  please !!!!!!!!          

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Everyone complaining that Weideman is in over Mitch Brown need to remember one thing, Weideman can ruck and ruck quite well. Playing him means Gawn or Jackson can play forward when not taking the ruck work in the middle, which means we don't lose the height advantage of Ben Brown bringing the ball to ground.

I understand Mitch Brown was very good last week for Casey, but he's got no future at the club, he is a good ordinary VFL player and is emergency backup only.

We just signed Weideman for another 2 years. If we don't play him now, what is even the point of having him on the list? 

Not having a pot shot, but I'd have thought we don't need a third player in the ruck. If one of Gawn or Dogga is resting forward, wouldn't the other be in the ruck, and not Weid?

Benny doesn't ruck. Well, maybe 1-2 contests.

Edited by Purple77

4 hours ago, demoncat said:

Big moment for Weideman if true.

Curious what people's 'pass' marks will be for him if he comes into the side. Personally, I don't think he needs to kick a bag of goals - he just needs to show that he is willing to compete and follow up with second efforts. Goals will come if he does this consistently. 

Unfortunately though it seems that this is the one part of his game that he has been missing. Fingers crossed he can take that next step.

By all reports about Mitch Brown’s current form in the 2s. It would not surprise if he got the bid over Weid. Both would be good, but clearly the Weid has more long term potential. interesting times!

23 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

Ok. If you're saying that a close contact gets a PCR and if Negative can then go out I agree with that.

AJ, I have been told that you can be contagious 2 days before a positive test. We have had covid in our house in the last week and have had several discussions with medicos. I am not sure that anyone is sure. Current feeling is contagious upto 2 days before and 2 days after. 

16 minutes ago, BDA said:

Past time to ditch the covid restrictions. The country needs to move on

It’s a big chance for the Weid. I’ll be happy if he clunks a few, contests hard, desperate second efforts. A goal or 2 would be a bonus I want to see him bust his gut and show that he has the desire to play in this team. Otherwise VFL anonymity beckons

I reckon TMac will step up and kick 4 with contributions across the board from Fritsch Trac Kossie and a few others.

We don’t need to over extend ourselves so I reckon a regulation 4-6 goal win. We have bigger fish to fry

Don’t agree., There are serious outbreaks in Western Europe, the US, and Perth. This epidemic is far from over. I for one am going to continue to be careful. And l hope others do too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Hi mauriesy. The final siren sounds and our full forward has marked it 40 metres out on a 45 degree angle. We're 5 points down. Do you want Ben Brown or Weeds taking that kick? 

Chance of that scenario occurring about 0.5%.

And if we did somehow get to that scenario, give Weideman credit because he's marked the ball! 🤔

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

yes you are right but I hate Essendon  too.  Michael long will always be on my hate list after GF 2000       friends have said get over it...  never  I hate Essendon  always will .  (their supporters are shockers  but then again so are all opposition supporters LOL)      Having got that of my chest  tonight is a real worry  I thought we were a bit lucky to beat them last year.      Of

course you cannot win every game and we are due for a loss sooner or later.  but not them  please !!!!!!!!          

I remember in 2001 Essendon friends of mine were saying oh we'll go back to back, I knew we'd lose the 2000 gf but what happened to green & Simmons was just horrific. I also know Essendon fans who are just arrogant & they are the ones who'd say to you when did you last win a flag or at least I've seen my team win a flag.

I hope we [censored] them & I'm glad we only play them once

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Purple77 said:

Not having a pot shot, but I'd have thought we don't need a third player in the ruck. If one of Gawn or Dogga is resting forward, wouldn't the other be in the ruck, and not Weid?

Benny doesn't ruck. Well, maybe 1-2 contests.

But if Dogga and Gawn need to take the forward ruck contest they are much less likely to influence as goal scorers. I think if Weideman is giving us donuts as a forward he can play some minutes in the ruck and it allows Gawn or Jackson to actually play at FF. If either is at FF then they aren’t going to be able to ruck. 

Surely Brown for Brown was the easiest replacement to not create any extra work for anyone haha. Plus Bomber factor.

Having said that, I still think Weid's got the goods and clearly the coaching group share that view. I guess he needs these chances so they can work out how long they keep the faith? 

He's gotta come good, right?

Maybe tonight's the night!

Edited by Red But Mostly Blue
Typo