TEAMS: Rd 03 vs Essendon

Demonland

I like it.  No injuries and nobody is bashing the door down!

Edited by Deeoldfart
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Everyone has obviously pulled up ok. Hope Rivers is not hobbling in. 

You only have to look at the emergencies to see that there is no concern with having to cover that type of player. I guess Weid can come in and TMac can go back as a defender to cover Riv.

Weid is there mainly for a ruck or key forward or back (TMac back/Weed forward) going down.

Bedford will likely be the sub again.

Dunstan covers the mids too.

Melk?

• Like 2

No change.

No surprise.

Why?

Because, Goody rarely makes changes (except injury related ones) to a team coming off a win.

So, if we win this week and lets say Tmac or Spargo have quiet games statistically, can repeat offenders please consider resisting  the urge to suggest they will be dropped. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

While it takes a lot for Goodwin & co to change a winning team, I'm a little surprised there are no changes. 

Petracca, Brayshaw, Rivers and Spargo took some big hits last week.  Rivers was heavily bandaged last week and Petracca was at training on Monday. 

We are coming off a 6 day break from an interstate trip and we play Port next week with an interstate trip on a 6 day break.  (Before anyone complains just be aware that they bookended with 10 and 9 day breaks).

I read in another thread that we had a light training week.  So, wouldn't be surprised if we closely manage playing time especially for those above to preserve them for next week. 

Or could we make a late change?

One thing is for sure if we get a good lead we will shut down the game pretty quickly and defend.  We only need the 4 pts and keep injuries to a minimum

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Surely Mitch Brown replaces Weideman in list of emergencies?? Surely great form needs to be rewarded??

Fair point picket but it seems that Brown has been designated as injury protection only.

Likely played his last game - barring injury.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Fair point picket but it seems that Brown has been designated as injury protection only.

Likely played his last game - barring injury.

I understand Brown hasn't been given many games since he's been with us but he's pretty much contributed in the ones he's played. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, loges said:

I understand Brown hasn't been given many games since he's been with us but he's pretty much contributed in the ones he's played. 

Agree loges his effort has been terrific.

I am simply noting, that given the respective efforts of Weid and Brown in the Casey game, and now ....... Weid given the gig as emergency...... seems to send a message

• Like 2

Hunt very lucky to be in  the side.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, picket fence said:

And sends out wrong message that potential, beats hands on form!!

Potential that's wearing very thin 

I love this from Goodwin and the selection panel. Following the Dees for such a long time, it is really refreshing to see stability, and no big reactions to 1 or 2 bad games by individuals. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Agree loges his effort has been terrific.

I am simply noting, that given the respective efforts of Weid and Brown in the Casey game, and now ....... Weid given the gig as emergency...... seems to send a message

A questionable one I would have thought!

• Like 3

No surprises which is a good thing.

But, Jake Melksham getting named emergency is genuinely taking the [censored] right?

His VFL performance last week was woeful. Absolutely cooked.

Edited by dazzledavey36

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

I like to ponder why a ruckman is our forward coach in 2022?

I like to ponder why a ruckman is our forward coach in 2019?

I like to ponder the dissonance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.