Bevo unleashes on Tom Morris

dazzledavey36

43 minutes ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Gee I hope Bevo hasn't become as they would say in pro wrestling 'a mark for himself'.

Coming from someone whose politics are admittedly left, I thought the quoting of Che Guevara and Emma Goldman bloody weird. If he is now calculating his actions to be seen as some type of iconoclast then the Dogs will need a quiet word with him.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.j

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeeSpencer said:

Hunter’s had issues. Baz Smith had issues over summer. Clubs have trimmed back their welfare departments.

Not convinced it’s a valid excuse but Bevo does care for his players and AFL players and coaches are struggling. Struggling more than everyday folk - I doubt it.

Long bow from Bevo but he might be saying cut Hunter some slack because he’s dropped due to having a less than ideal summer. 

Don't recall Morris reporting Hunter was dropped for mental health reasons though? Might have missed it, I didn't follow the story very closely. Just seems like he reported the team changes, which is pretty stock-in-trade for footy journos I'd have thought.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Beveridge was way out of line, Tom Morris is just doing his job. He should be more concerned that someone from his own club leaked that information. Also, when Tom went to stand up for himself and have his say, Beveridge just shut him down. If you're going to attack someone's personal character and professionalism, then let them respond. Absolute [censored].

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Wow. He's blaming their own leaks on Tom Morris because he's a Dees supporters. Pretty sure he would have released it whether it was the Dees or not. Right or wrong that's another story.

Morris could have reported Hunter was going to be made captain for all the difference it makes. A leak of no consequence, right or wrong, puts the club "in turmoil"? Great example for his players to block out distractions, ignore what you can't control, etc. He seriously may need to spend some time away from the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.j

Perhaps Tom Morris may benefit from listening to some of Jim Cornette's podcast and his rants on Vince Russo,  White Lightning Tim Horner, Joey Ryan et al in order to return serve more effectively. 😆

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Did anyone just catch Bevo's presser? Absolutely went nuts at Tom Morris for the Lachie Hunter story. Was quite Extraordinary. 

Bevo walked straight out immediately. 

Thoughts?

The great pity is Dazz that our great win with 5 of of our best 6 defence out will consign us to page 2.

• Like 1

Tom has some good sources at the Bulldogs reporting on Ryan Gardiner last year and Hunter this year. I like Bevo,  but he should channel his fury at the leaker rather than the reporter. Causing 'turmoil' and being a Dee supporter are not legitimate reasons to attack Morris.

Good on Bevo, he's calling it how he sees it. Tom Morris is absolutely a gutter journalist and puts his nose where it doesn't belong more often than not. He has absolutely no respect for any club as long as he's the first reporter to break the news and quite regularly makes up his own stories to suite his narrative. There's a right way to go about being a journalist in the AFL and he needs to respect that. 

I'm sure we'd all be quite upset if there was a journo delving into matters with some of our footy players that were none of his business in the first place, which result in mental health issues for staff and players. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

8 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

Any word on how they are reacting to Bevo on the Dogs' forums?

Like this:

Love Bev. This is brilliant.

Right sentiment, wrong execution.

For what it is worth, good on Bevo calling out Morris who is an absolute uneducated bed wetter!

Something needed to be said. The Club has been hounded for awhile by journos and it's obvious that it's starting to effect the players.

Yep, right message, wrong execution.

Worse part is he said he is trying to destabilise the club because he supports Melbourne! That was such a cop out, getting annihilated in the Granny and then comfortably outplayed when it mattered isn’t because of tip rat Morris.

Not really sure how people can defend this tbh.

Have you watched the whole 6 minutes? Taking out the personal attacks and 'you're a Melbourne supporter', the rest is pretty valid.

15 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Don't recall Morris reporting Hunter was dropped for mental health reasons though? Might have missed it, I didn't follow the story very closely. Just seems like he reported the team changes, which is pretty stock-in-trade for footy journos I'd have thought.

Yes, but reporting on Hunter does generate news, hence why it was a story to begin with.

Kade Chandler not getting a gig for the Dees for instance isn’t news. Hunter was reported as ‘dropped’ and became a topic of debate. Not helped by Bevo bristling at it in his pre match. 

Bevo’s certainly blown this up himself when they should’ve just copped that his team was named 1 day early. But I can see the link between creating  news stories to fill a void, the scrutiny that brings and player welfare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Like this:

Love Bev. This is brilliant.

Right sentiment, wrong execution.

For what it is worth, good on Bevo calling out Morris who is an absolute uneducated bed wetter!

Something needed to be said. The Club has been hounded for awhile by journos and it's obvious that it's starting to effect the players.

Yep, right message, wrong execution.

Worse part is he said he is trying to destabilise the club because he supports Melbourne! That was such a cop out, getting annihilated in the Granny and then comfortably outplayed when it mattered isn’t because of tip rat Morris.

Not really sure how people can defend this tbh.

Have you watched the whole 6 minutes? Taking out the personal attacks and 'you're a Melbourne supporter', the rest is pretty valid.

Hmmm

So he's appealing to his base then... 🙄

11 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

One things for sure…

“You have the nerve to ask a question and to even be here?” just became my standard Demonland response.

I recall my maths teacher used a similar line on me in year 9...just before giving me one across the chops! (true story!)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Caligula's cohort said:

Good on Bevo, he's calling it how he sees it. Tom Morris is absolutely a gutter journalist and puts his nose where it doesn't belong more often than not. He has absolutely no respect for any club as long as he's the first reporter to break the news and quite regularly makes up his own stories to suite his narrative. There's a right way to go about being a journalist in the AFL and he needs to respect that. 

I'm sure we'd all be quite upset if there was a journo delving into matters with some of our footy players that were none of his business in the first place, which result in mental health issues for staff and players. 

I’m no fan of Morris or most of the industry.

But the story was a player not named in a team leaking on Tuesday, one day before the team was named.

Surely a storm in a tea cup compared with serious allegations like the Goodwin stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t hear Bevo say anything about “gutter journalism” when Goodwin got attacked in the media with rubbish leaks about him drinking gambling and being a bully. Suited his agenda then didn’t it? 
Absolute nuffy behavior from a sore loser. 

Also big LOLs if he thinks Hunter playing or not playing makes a single difference to Melbourne’s planning. He’s an average ducker and a cheat. We would have put little planning into him. Martin out would have made a far bigger difference to our planning, and that was never leaked. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Probably needs to take a month off.  He's not doing himself (or his team) any favours right now

Not an excuse but some losing coaches are often still immersed in game-day-mode and in no position to talk in a rational manner at the pressers (which are held not long after the final siren)

He might want to try the Bill Belichick approach (mumble away until the journo's are bored witless)

But that behavior tonight was inexcusable

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, shoguner said:

Beveridge was way out of line, Tom Morris is just doing his job. He should be more concerned that someone from his own club leaked that information. Also, when Tom went to stand up for himself and have his say, Beveridge just shut him down. If you're going to attack someone's personal character and professionalism, then let them respond. Absolute [censored].

Agree and If I were the Doggies Hierachy, I would be very concerned not only how the AFL will view this, given the way their coach responded, not great P.R at all. Also, the Journo's that are just doing their Job reporting a story!. Doggies now in a world of pain right now has just been exacerbated! Watch our for the fallout from this!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1