2022 Injury List

Demonland

5 minutes ago, MoeSyzlak said:

Long time lurker. First time poster. Fan since I was in nappies. 

In which case you don't pay enough attention. There is nothing like having an exchange with Mazer to educate about the personalities on Dland.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I'm happy enough it's not season ending.

If we are good enough to be in the top 4 or 6 when he returns then get him cherry ripe for the second half of the season. I know we have too many back-men out at the moment but I think Hunt, Tomlinson, Joel Smith get a chance to play and prove themselves and Brayshaw and Tom McD were great in defence on Wednesday night meaning Bedford gets his chance up the field.

In a sense theres no use having great depth unless you get to use it and develop it.

Having said all that does anyone know the timeframe for Petty, Rivers and Lever to return?

16 hours ago, Demonsone said:

Expect 6-8 weeks 

Yep Id say probably back in 8 just to be safe but you never know it could be earlier. Had the same thing done a couple of times and your usually walking about quite easily in a week . Club may play it safe.

He  is a huge loss.

But J. Smith was good and Bowey continues his great career.

Lever back soon.

Hunt and Tmac options.

Young Bedford looked promising.

pS Would be great if the club updated its website injury report......still has Marty Hore out for the season as injured.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

3 to 4 weeks only ! BANK ON IT 

Cheers PF

Sorry PF, I think it’s 4-6

i don’t know what is going on but despite the fact that Salem is absolutely one of our most important players, I am completely unworried (just in case that is not a real word- don’t hate me dworship).

Does this mean my MFCSS is cured?!

• Like 2

The walking is one thing, I had a severe hip fracture last June and was walking again two days later. I am nowhere near 100 after 9 months. Ofcourse Chris has about 40 years and elite fitness on me! 😉

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

T Mac tore his meniscus that day.

Funny (not funny) that he finally played a ripping game that year and then his season was over.

As for Salem, 6 weeks or under is a good result here. Rather he out at the start of the year than the business end. 

Correct BBP I am glad you clarified that injury as I believed it was an ankle type injury not his knee.  Indeed Tmac has had ankle problems rather than knees.

Oh and back once or twice. But he is a great team member and forward it back is valuable eith his height and strength. Often dies far more than the average supporter gives him credit for. Just like Kossie and ANB and Harmesy to a lesser extent. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Trent Rivers - Knee | Test

Kade Chandler - Abdominal | Test

Michael Hibberd - Calf | Test

Jake Lever - FootTest

Harry Petty - Calf | 3-4 Weeks

Daniel Turner - Foot | 4-6 Weeks

Christian Salem - Knee | 6-8 Weeks 

round-2-injury-report-salem-sidelined-four-dees-a-test

6 to 8 weeks for Salem is a huge loss.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Trent Rivers - Knee | Test

Kade Chandler - Abdominal | Test

Michael Hibberd - Calf | Test

Jake Lever - FootTest

Harry Petty - Calf | 3-4 Weeks

Daniel Turner - Foot | 4-6 Weeks

Christian Salem - Knee | 6-8 Week

round-2-injury-report-salem-sidelined-four-dees-a-test

6 yo 8 weeks for Salem is a huge loss.

Yes he is… but he’ll be bk for the pointy end of the season when it really matters. I’m sure hunt or smith  will appreciate the extra spot opening down back too.  

Petty still 3-4 weeks away? I thought he was almost ready?

Despite all the pre season chatter, we haven’t had to actually choose between Tommo and Petty yet! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I’m wondering if we keep Tmac down back until Petty is ready to return and this opens up the door for Weideman to try and prove he belongs at senior level. 

I suspect TMac will stay back if Lever is not ready to come back. Once Lever is fit, I think TMac returns forward.

If we want another tall in the interim, Weideman gets that spot. Personally, I think we should be going in with Brown, TMac/Weid, Gawn/Jackson and Fritsch, so I'd be bringing Weideman in if TMac has to play defence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I suspect TMac will stay back if Lever is not ready to come back. Once Lever is fit, I think TMac returns forward.

If we want another tall in the interim, Weideman gets that spot. Personally, I think we should be going in with Brown, TMac/Weid, Gawn/Jackson and Fritsch, so I'd be bringing Weideman in if TMac has to play defence.

Petty can also play forward. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I'm not sure he will, though.

Like, are we really going to bring Petty in to play forward whilst keeping TMac down back? 

No but do we need Lever, Tomlinson, May and Petty in the same backline?

If Tomlinson is playing good footy and Tmac struggles up forward as he did second half of last season and Weideman is giving us nothing, why wouldn’t you try Petty?

He is too good to play VFL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

If Tomlinson is playing good footy and Tmac struggles up forward as he did second half of last season and Weideman is giving us nothing, why wouldn’t you try Petty?

No, I don't think we're going to go into any game this year with all four of them in the backline.

But swinging Petty forward would IMO be a move of pretty much last resort.

I think Tomlinson will have to play pretty strong football prior to Petty's return to hold him out of the side. But if TMac/Weid are playing well in the forward line the discussion will be moot as there won't be a forward spot anyway.

• Like 1

PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
RIVERS Trent.png Trent Rivers Knee Test
CHANDLER Kade.png Kade Chandler Abdominal Test
HIBBERD Michael.png Michael Hibberd Calf Test
LEVER Jake.png Jake Lever Foot Test
PETTY Harrison.png Harrison Petty Calf 3-4 Weeks
TURNER Daniel.png Daniel Turner Foot 4-6 Weeks
SALEM Christian.png Christian Salem Knee 6-8 Weeks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

No, I don't think we're going to go into any game this year with all four of them in the backline.

But swinging Petty forward would IMO be a move of pretty much last resort.

I think Tomlinson will have to play pretty strong football prior to Petty's return to hold him out of the side. But if TMac/Weid are playing well in the forward line the discussion will be moot as there won't be a forward spot anyway.

would be pretty petty if pretty petty played in the fwd line

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

Lots of ifs - Tomo going well AND TM struggling AND Weed not up to it.  Mmmm, if all the ifs line up, maybe. Not highly likely though. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

You wouldn't play Lever, Tomlinson, May and Petty together in the backline in  the same match if it means you omit one of Rivers or Bowey, unless it was about team balance or match ups.

As  much as we want our best six defenders each week, this injury affected start enables us to trial peripheral or second tier defenders to see what they bring. The thing is we already know what their expected to do and they usually do it in our system.

• Like 1