Grand Final Celebration at the G

Demonland

With Barassi unfortunetly out of the celebrations due to COVID-19, I hope to see John Beckwith or Hasa Mann get the opportunity to present the cup.

I ran into Beckwith in the MCC quite a few years ago, posibly 2012, and realised a week or so later who I was sitting next to and talking to. He was quite the gentleman.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

5E5218E1-FBE8-40F6-A394-77983B8D6DCA.jpeg.417611569857e86c15955080f1b7eaa3.jpeg

6-year-olds sorted. 🙂

Partner give-aways! I am not sure what that is, or even if I want to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, binman said:

It's part of the club's 1970's activation. When you get to g you put your keys in a bowl. And grab some fondue too

Having had Duck à l’orange for dinner?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, wizardinoz said:

Looks to be sold out.

wizard on my initial request for a ticket i ended up at the back of level 4. I received that email yesterday and tried my luck for another ticket. I was not asked for any membership number etc. Went straight in and I am now on level 2 bay 53. I can only assume anyone from the public can get these seats.

I suppose it being ticketek explains a lot but it seems the general public get better spots than MFC members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

334 ... that's ten Ron Barassis. Maybe we'd better keep it going.

That's 10 Ron's and one Ian Ridley

Edited by ManDee

15 hours ago, ignition. said:

With Barassi unfortunetly out of the celebrations due to COVID-19, I hope to see John Beckwith or Hasa Mann get the opportunity to present the cup.

I ran into Beckwith in the MCC quite a few years ago, posibly 2012, and realised a week or so later who I was sitting next to and talking to. He was quite the gentleman.

I would take some video of Barassi at his front door lifting the cup and appearing to pass it over. Then do the same with say Hassa Mann and a couple of other older ex players creating the impression of them passing it to each other. That would allow Ron to be involved and not breach his isolation. Finally the cup would be passed to Nathan Jones, on the video, who could then join say Brian Dixon, a former great and anti merger proponent, at the ground to present the cup. It would be a form of Olympic Flame relay, that would increase the involvement numbers, firstly on the big screen and then live, making the event even more memorable.

Nathan Jones  deserves the honour and I am sure he would be very appreciative of the gesture.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Barassi missing out is definitely a downer on the event. He deserved this opportunity more than anyone to celebrate this moment with the fans but it’s impossible not to see him being the one to raise the flag round one next season. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 1:44 PM, Demonland said:

New Thread

Just last weekend, I returned by car from two days in Bendigo to wend a wearying path home to my more recent colonial settlement in Adelaide. As a born and bred Victorian, I encouraged my daughter and sons to live/work in Victoria despite my absence (ie: to continue the blessed life to which they were annointed).  This also provides me with an opportunity to break free of the shackles so South Australian that they oppress and depress the freed mind - one just has to get out! Regular trips to the 'G during the footy season are cathartic relief for my wife and me. Avid Demons, both. However, last weekend, my experience in crossing the Vic/SA border at Serviceton was extremely challenging. Sent back towards to Kaniva, then on further backwards to Nhill, I found by chance a Covid-19 testing station open on a Sunday, got tested, obtained the result, entered the result on my smart phone and found new words in my lexicon of filthy utterances to aptly describe the SA Police and their Border Entry proficiency, including the object ignorance and 'one-eyed rejection' of certificated double-vaccination achievements and two recent results of Covid-19 testing belowing 'Negative' presented to them for each of the two of us. The delay - particularly the certifications to be entered on the phones - was time eternal - overall, it delayed our 'normal' trip home to Adelaide by around seven hours!  It is a journey I no longer wish to enter in the near future with no guarantee of assured, homeward-bound destination achievement; it is like seawater spilling from a hole in your sand bucket before you get back to the prepared moat around your sand castle.

So, for the MCG Premiership celebrations, please forgive us for not attending on the 5th of December. For all you lucky people able to go to the event: have a wonderful time, enjoy, salivate, feel glorious, let ya hair down, sing songs of factual cardiac rhythm and rejoice. We will be with you in spirit. 'Carna Dees!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Sad 2