The MCG of the Desert

Demonland

What a fabulous initiative by all involved makes me even prouder to be a MFC supporter. !!!

• Like 3

Absolutely fantastic, well done to the MFC. Couldn’t be prouder. 

• Like 3

That gave me a lump in my throat.

I don’t care how others perceive us. This is the club I love. It’s a club of big heartedness, community, families, loyalty, and solidarity.

The praise given to the club for the work they’ve done here should be immense.  

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

On 6/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, deeTRACted said:

I hope the AFL change the location of the Suns Dees game and they play it in the NT, seeing that the NT missed out on their two games this year

Good suggestion and share whatever happens !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

That gave me a lump in my throat.

I don’t care how others perceive us. This is the club I love. It’s a club of big heartedness, community, families, loyalty, and solidarity.

The praise given to the club for the work they’ve done here should be immense.  

This is an example of the role that the role that AFL can make the community a much better place for all.

Congrstuelstions MFC this is another example of why we love our Club getting involved in the community. And the AFL just took Darwin off us and no replacement.!

Just as an aside The Pies ( under Eddie) have supported and run a homeless meal centre for a long time in the community. So hats off to Eddie etc Also for their community contribution.. 

• Like 4

pretty cool this  i remember the talk about it on demonology at the time it was kicking off  so its been awhile in the making ,  hope they can keep the grass green 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 1:50 PM, DeeZone said:

What a fabulous initiative by all involved makes me even prouder to be a MFC supporter. !!!

And Member.

• Like 1

It certainly tugs the heart string of us, the Demon faithful. Magnificent to give back to the NT community.

Can't applaud it enough, but! This is a bone dry landscape and even drought tolerant bermuda fine couch needs some water.

Please tell me the club has a funded a bore to supply the water needs.

I would hate to see the headlines in two years where the oval returned to sandy dust. Just sayin.

• Sad 1

There is a bore there HB, let’s hope it doesn’t run dry.

Santa Teresa is a community close to my heart, am friends with many in that video and have a deep love for the place. I saw the oval last Friday with the MCG goal posts, it looks amazing. I was invited to the opening, but due to work, couldn’t attend, but hope to get out there for a game soon (not this weekend though, Finke desert race is on!

This effort by our club is just brilliant, so many teams make token efforts towards supporting indigenous communities (see Collingwood and Yuendumu) but to make a 4 year commitment, to create such a wonderful ground (right in the centre of the community) is just [censored] awesome, even converting someone like Nicky Hayes (Australia’s first professional indigenous skateboarder, ST local and founder of Spinifex skateboards) to AFL and the hordes of kids that worship him, it is just brilliant

• Like 8

I’m glad that I’m not the only Demonlander with moist eyes about this story.  My love for, and pride in the red and blue will never falter, and this has nothing to do with ladder position.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.