CHANGES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Demonland

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's got credits in the bank for just on this year alone.

By bloody hell if he puts in another performance like that then I'd also seriously considering dropping him as well to send a message, because that was as lazy as a performance I've seen from a Melbourne player in a long time.

It stood out, that’s how good the team was compared to where he was.

3 hours ago, JimmyGadson said:

Fritsch's performance was that bad that I'd drop him. 

If we're a team that now prides itself on playing selfless, team oriented football, then he simply has to be dropped. 

It's fine for a forward to have a down day as far as goals, marks and touches go, but if you refuse to work off the ball, provide half arsed efforts and chases, what msg does that send to the rest of the group? 

Honestly, he was that bad off the ball that I would drop him. Those kinds of efforts can't be accepted if we want to be a ruthless football side as Goody preaches. 

Fritsch had probably his worst game for the club. He infuriates me with his casual CGAF approach.

Kicking into the man on the mark was unforgivable.

But....we don't know what the club knows. he may have had personal issues, he may have run a record distance and been acting on instructions. He may have played a decoy role.

Let's see what he dishes up this week. On the surface of it if he plays like that again he has to go.

I don't think Fritta's head was in the game ever since he was offered the 1 week. That's the only way I could explain his diabolical performance. It was by far the worst individual performance from an MFC player this year. It made Jones's effort against Hawthorn look half decent.

It got to the point where I was looking to Goodwin to take him off the ground in the second half as his errors and lack of intensity was at risk of costing us the game.

He has credits in the bank but he'd want to lift his performance this week.

15 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I dont think Sw wull get picjed and if so, I dont know when he will pkay.

Just wanted to quote this post before you realised how bad you [censored] up.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, A F said:

It may well be Weideman for Fritsch if he has another down game.

That is possible and to some, will make sense if Fritta has another tough run across four quarters. Sam is just as accurate, I think, and can take a mark if not double-teamed as Fritta has been lately. He is also much larger so it will be less likely that he gets pushed, bumped, jostled out of the play as easily as Fritta has been.

Sam will have to adopt a Fritta strength, though. That is to lead to space where to opposing crowd ain't.

He must be mobile, often. He must eye his potential feeder and direct the pass to that (those) place (places) where opportunity exists. Target practice to the Weed during forward line entry - will lead to goals off his boot if his teammates can find him making sensible moves outside the goal square. 

Other than that, 'Carna Dees!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, praha said:

Predicting football crowds may be scrapped for this weekend.

Shame because AFL members is pretty much allocation exhausted which generally leads to a crowd of 50k+. Gonna be a million dollar hit to the club I reckon.

Why are you predicting this?

Curiously, Carlton have had very accurate opponents this season, with a scoreline against of 110.87. Even with the bizarrely accurate run against us early in the season we're still at 72.60.

Those figures also highlight the key difference in the teams - we are the stingiest team in the competition right now while Carlton are prone to leaking buckets of goals.

Carlton have only had two games this season (rounds 3 and 4 against Freo and the Suns) where they didn't give away 15 goals.

For us, the highest scores against us are identical; 11.7 73 by the Kangaroos and St Kilda.

Not sure where that leaves us for positional changes. Do we go with the three genuine talls to expose Plowman and crack the Blues reliance on Weitering or is it more important to keep runners available to stifle their crucial Saad/Docherty territory gainers?

I reckon there's a case for Harmes to put a close tag on Walsh, who can be brilliant but struggled once tagged in the second half last week. There's not much point tagging Cripps because he is either untaggable when on or already tagged in his own head, poor bstrd.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see who replaces Jackson, is it Weideman, Daw or do we go small with say Sparrow?

Happy as I am to see Sw play its a big loss with Jackson out. His rucking and crumbing has been great.

Was finally clunking marks and scoring goals.

Three big outs in less than as many weeks. Doh.

At least we have been able to cover them. But Im worried about Max doing all the ruck. He has been down the last two games with the aid of Jackson. Who will give Max help?

This is probably going to be unpopular compared to those who'd love to see Weid in, but i reckon we've gotta go with Daw. he's been great in the 2's as a ruck resting forward. he is the best fit to fill the Jackson role, and Max needs the support in the ruck 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Patches O’houlihan said:

This is probably going to be unpopular compared to those who'd love to see Weid in, but i reckon we've gotta go with Daw. he's been great in the 2's as a ruck resting forward. he is the best fit to fill the Jackson role, and Max needs the support in the ruck 

Cant Sw or Tmac help in the ruck?