Relocation of North Melbourne Game?

Fat Tony

Just now, Whispering_Jack said:

Happy to take them on anywhere, any time but first we have a big game tonight. 

Football’s all about one game at a time.

You think the players are thinking about North??

6 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

It sounds like the North game will be relocated to Melbourne due to Tasmania requiring people who have been in Perth to isolate. 

So they’ll still cop a monumental thumping, only now they won’t have as far to travel to lick their wounds. 

• Like 4

Got my trip down there all booked for the game and was really looking forward to getting away, but now I'm concerned. I've got until 4pm Monday to cancel for a full refund, should I bite the bullet or risk 400 bucks, and possibly end up watching the dees play north at the MCG from a pub in Hobart????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demondan75 said:

Got my trip down there all booked for the game and was really looking forward to getting away, but now I'm concerned. I've got until 4pm Monday to cancel for a full refund, should I bite the bullet or risk 400 bucks, and possibly end up watching the dees play north at the MCG from a pub in Hobart????

I wouldn’t risk going to Tassie lest another one or even two Covid cases (!) sees you stuck there. Imagine that. The horror...THE HORROR. 

• Haha 1

I feel bad for the people that have stumped up the cash and committed themselves to supporting the Dees in such a sh1thole of a footy ground.  Hobart is a nice place to visit, though.  It might be better for us at Marvel.

covid sucks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

It sounds like the North game will be relocated to Melbourne due to Tasmania requiring people who have been in Perth to isolate. 

Has this actually been said anywhere?

Or are people just connecting their own dots cause Tas govt hasn't made a decision re Norf and Marvel is free?

2 minutes ago, JTR said:

Or are people just connecting their own dots cause Tas govt hasn't made a decision re Norf and Marvel is free?

Not official but they were discussing it on SEN. Tasmania are requiring people who have been in Perth to isolate for 14 days. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

norf might not get back from wa

Currently only in a 3 day lockdown, so, should be back by Mid week.

4 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Not official but they were discussing it on SEN. Tasmania are requiring people who have been in Perth to isolate for 14 days. 

From what I understand they would have to isolate in Victoria for 14 days also. (This is under the 'traffic light' system and could change)

The situation seems to be they're more likely to get a special exemption from that for Victoria than they are from Tasmania.

Edited by Lord Nev

9 minutes ago, JTR said:

774 said Marvel likely. Not possible to play in Tassie under current restrictions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

If there’s more cases come up over here it’s bound to happen. 

Stay tuned.

38 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

Currently only in a 3 day lockdown, so, should be back by Mid week.

that's the current wa lockdown

vic quarantine/isolation is 14 days but norf trying to get vic gov exemption

Edited by daisycutter

32 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

Marvel would be perfect.  We play great there and finally a dry deck for us to kick a mammoth score. 

Not sure if players just didn't read the ground conditions last night, but so many players from Victory and Wanderers were slipping over while playing there last night