TEAMS: Rd 02 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

28 minutes ago, deanox said:

If Chandler was credited as playing a game last week, then surely he should be listed as an "out" this week?

He is named as an "out" on the AFL website, along with subs from other teams who have been omitted from the squad.

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Probably depends who gets injured..?? 

On another note, I can see our backline keeping St Kilda goalless for the entire game. 

Steven may could keep them goalless for the next month even when not playing them

it is better to die on knees

than face Steven may 

old jungle saying 

Edited by Superunknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, demonstone said:

He is named as an "out" on the AFL website, along with subs from other teams who have been omitted from the squad.

Which is ridiculous. 

The sub shouldn’t be credited with a game if they don’t come on. I guess it’s done for CBA match payment reasons but it’s genuinely stupid to say Chandler “played” last week. And it’s worse for those two kids at Hawthorn and North who were debuted as a sub. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bobby1554 said:

Ok, what do you base that on? Your perception? A preconceived idea that because he is hard at it he must be “slow”. As I said, watch him.

Look you have your opinion Viney has only one thing going for him his tackling other than that lacks football nous, not a great kicker of the ball I tell you what if you think he's an A grade footballer look up his stats since he has played for from 2013 till now and compare with any other top midfielder in the comp even Oliver has scored more Brownlow votes than him, look I hope he can change his game style but I doubt it. 

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

Look you have your opinion Viney has only one thing going for him his tackling other than that lacks football nous, not a great kicker of the ball I tell you what if you think he's an A grade footballer look up his stats since he has played for from 2013 till now and compare with any other top midfielder in the comp even Oliver has scored more Brownlow votes than him, look I hope he can change his game style but I doubt it. 

So what's all that got to do with him being slow???

How does this back up your point.

Just go off on another rant...

2 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

I thought this conversation was about his speed? Ah yes, let’s look at “stats”. What exactly does that tell us about a player? I will paint this picture for you......you have the ball, and one Jack Viney is bearing down on you....?????????

9 minutes ago, bobby1554 said:

I thought this conversation was about his speed? Ah yes, let’s look at “stats”. What exactly does that tell us about a player? I will paint this picture for you......you have the ball, and one Jack Viney is bearing down on you....?????????

Yep side step run off and kick a goal he will be still trying to turn around so....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Just a serious question: does one judge a player by his stats and / or his Brownlow votes?

And, if so, which particular stats?

Edited by monoccular

Looking forward to seeing Viney back, he brings a hunger to the game that few in our team possess. I really want to see him played rotation through HF and the midfield guts, I hope he and Oliver have worked on their communication because one knock against him is that he can bulldoze the pack including our own players. 

Big week for Max and our midfield, they had their pants pulled down vs Fremantle at the stoppages. If we can’t take advantage of one of the games best ruckmen then what’s the point of having him there?

Great to have Viney back in.  Gives the team the ruggedness & grunt required out of the stoppages

At other times having Melksham & Hibberd as emergencies would raise eyebrows but from year to year, the pecking order changes ... and that might have the desired effect of motivating both players to establish themselves in the seniors again

We may not be far off having some genuine depth with the last 6 players picked in the team

And with the higher scoring that is becoming more common, we might need 14 or 15 goals in order to win the match against the Saints

Collingwood displaying their multiple leads from their forwards is something we need to do as well. 

Our forwards need to present to the midfielders constantly - another numbers game/percentage play that needs to happen

• Like 2

Just going by the eye test, Viney is explosive with good acceleration. I’d say he is quick over 5/10 meters, but average to slow over 100.

And he also looks much slower when he is hampered by his foot injury, which hopefully he isn’t tonight. Like Jack Trengove, who sadly became an absolute plodder with his foot injury.