GAMEDAY: B-Side vs Richmond

Demonland

6 hours ago, The Jackson 6 said:

Good to see little Wiz get a goal in the red and blue. Unlikely to get a spot this yr - just too undercooked. Probably sent back to WA with some clear instructions on what he has to work on ahead of next year’s draft.

So let me get this right, with 3 rookie spots available you don't want him to get one because you think someone else should get the spot. You don't think he should develop here in our system. Let him stop living with his Dad go back to WA and if he works on all the things we instruct him to and he goes ok over there, then let Fremantle get in his ear and let them take him in the draft.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's a shame that no one has given an update on Neitschke's injury looked good until he went down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dworship said:

So let me get this right, with 3 rookie spots available you don't want him to get one because you think someone else should get the spot. You don't think he should develop here in our system. Let him stop living with his Dad go back to WA and if he works on all the things we instruct him to and he goes ok over there, then let Fremantle get in his ear and let them take him in the draft.

Listening to Lamb (I think) during the one's mentioned we may only take 2 by early March and keep a spot for mid year selection. So if correct and only 2 spots available the Wiz Jnr may miss out. Who knows but will be tough on who ever misses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dworship said:

Rookie spots aren’t a charity. From what I saw today the gap is too big. Of course they give him advice and if he improves enough (because of it or for other reasons) then we’ll have another dip but you don’t list a bloke because he might be ok. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

Listening to Lamb (I think) during the one's mentioned we may only take 2 by early March and keep a spot for mid year selection. So if correct and only 2 spots available the Wiz Jnr may miss out. Who knows but will be tough on who ever misses.

wiz and maj will get spots and obviously hore misses the season so they'll make him inactive in time for MSD
i think the reason deak smith was never on any SSP list during january is because the club wasnt actually ever intersting in adding him to the list this season they just wanted him to train and see what afl training is like before he goes back to TAC level which is U19s this season and hopefully puts in a shift, potentially wasn't even carrying a knock today just not ready for afl level scratch matches so they held him out.

petty and bedford ive been keen on for ages and they duly delivered. bowey a massive tick and hunt should be nervous (rivers too after todays display)

• Like 1

For those who know more about the Casey system is it possible for us to get Farmer to play (and develop) at Casey so we can potentially take him as a mid-year selection? How soon do they have to have their lists locked in?

Sounds like he’s very raw so again I’m not sure if there is a rookie spot that basically just had him as a development player but not necessarily on the main list. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanatique Demon said:

I like the dream of Kobe Farmer coming to the Demons. But in yesterday’s hit-out he looked like an ordinary suburban player. ?

Needs time to develop...i thought he did some "almost" good things that did not quite come off....that was highest level he has played. I find it almost funny people are writing off a kid with very little exposed form.  It takes time to feel like you belong every level you go up against better opposition.   

Has speed and skill but was pushed off ball easily by bigger bodies.  Would not be damning him off one performance though!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

I find it almost funny people are writing off a kid with very little exposed form.  

Do you? Given that so many on here were ready to label him the second coming based on absolutely no exposed form, why would you find it funny that people are jumping off the bandwagon after actually seeing him play?

while I hope he does become a decent player one day - it just ain’t today.  As others have stated, he looks a long way off it at this point in time. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

Needs time to develop...i thought he did some "almost" good things that did not quite come off....that was highest level he has played. I find it almost funny people are writing off a kid with very little exposed form.  It takes time to feel like you belong every level you go up against better opposition.   

Has speed and skill but was pushed off ball easily by bigger bodies.  Would not be damning him off one performance though!

Didn't seem to faze Maurice Rioli Junior.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Do you? Given that so many on here were ready to label him the second coming based on absolutely no exposed form, why would you find it funny that people are jumping off the bandwagon after actually seeing him play?

while I hope he does become a decent player one day - it just ain’t today.  As others have stated, he looks a long way off it at this point in time. 

i find it ludicrous both sides of the coin.  The adulation because he is and ex players son is way over the top. I just find people are way too quick either way to say someone is no good off a ridiculously short sample.  Would have zero problem with him being developed at Casey or even Casey 2nds if is not good enough yet.  He has some attributes that can certainly be harnessed.

Will he be a champion or a dud, that part is up to him... but from what i seen in short period he had put on a little bulk and played his 1st prac match vs a much stronger Richmond team.  Needs bigger sample for any of us to see the improvement.  Being in an AFL environment he will be improving from week to week. Give the kid some time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Didn't seem to faze Maurice Rioli Junior.

Yeah i agree, looked like Rioli had a much more AFL ready body though. 

Bedford flashing in for few goals was probably the most exciting indigenous player out there i thought in the B game.  Was missing for large parts but has electric pace and sure hands considering he is hitting ball at such pace.  Hope he takes the step up for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

i find it ludicrous both sides of the coin.  The adulation because he is and ex players son is way over the top. I just find people are way too quick either way to say someone is no good off a ridiculously short sample.  Would have zero problem with him being developed at Casey or even Casey 2nds if is not good enough yet.  He has some attributes that can certainly be harnessed.

Will he be a champion or a dud, that part is up to him... but from what i seen in short period he had put on a little bulk and played his 1st prac match vs a much stronger Richmond team.  Needs bigger sample for any of us to see the improvement.  Being in an AFL environment he will be improving from week to week. Give the kid some time.

this competition no longer runs, its back to VAFA/other local level leagues for the non-playing vfl players. or in farmers case he'd probably get a run as an overager in the tac cup competition

1 hour ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

Yeah i agree, looked like Rioli had a much more AFL ready body though. 

Bedford flashing in for few goals was probably the most exciting indigenous player out there i thought in the B game.  Was missing for large parts but has electric pace and sure hands considering he is hitting ball at such pace.  Hope he takes the step up for us.

Yes I thought Bedford was worthy to be included in the positives. Two great burst goals. He looks to be a bit faster and has put on some weight. This is the year I expect him to really press for selection. I'm thinking we may finally have some good competition for a couple of spots as a fast forward and fast backman. 

and having watched both games, of our smalls I thought Bowey was the most impressive. not just good kicking, but in traffic, was able to to out with ease. I'd like to see Chandler back up his 3 goals game as well, he looks a a nice kick.

• Like 2

the commentators kept screaming about the Egg being a level above in that second game and given richmond have one spot available and currently 4 train-on players as well as having already signed a running HB in mansell surely we ask him the question given we now have 4 spots to fill and we've lost another dashing HB/wingman option?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turner said:

the commentators kept screaming about the Egg being a level above in that second game and given richmond have one spot available and currently 4 train-on players as well as having already signed a running HB in mansell surely we ask him the question given we now have 4 spots to fill and we've lost another dashing HB/wingman option?

Eggsellent idea

• Like 1