2021 Injury List

Lord Nev

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

one small plus is that it should not limit his running and other fitness work.

Perhaps a phantom like mask and he can even join in light contact training in a week or so.

rck77829ybz51.jpg?auto=webp&s=49cc2ebbf7

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

He'll be a big loss for sure but i think we can manage in the meantime. 

Although not the circumstances i would choose the best time to bring a young player in is when the team is winning and confidence is high. This is the perfect time to introduce Petty and get a few games into him. Hopefully he can find his feet against the Hawks and be ready to handle Reiwoldt and Lynch with Tomlinson. 

Hopefully May is back for Round 8 to match up on Buddy. He is still a terrific player and manhandled Aaron Francis last Thursday. As good as Tomlinson was yesterday on Hawkins I would fear for him against Franklin.

• Like 2

With Mitch Lewis suspended for next week, we may not need to replace May this week with a tall.We might bring in Hibberd to gain AFL fitness but I would bring in Petty or Daw to go up against Lynch .I would bring back May to play against Swans if fit, he may have to borrow a helmet from Bradshaw 

Edited by jayceebee31
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jayceebee31 said:

With Mitch Lewis suspended for next week, we may not need to replace May this week with a tall.We might bring in Hibberd to gain AFL fitness but I would bring in Petty or Daw to go up against Lynch .I would bring back May to play against Swans if fit, he may have to borrow a helmet from Bradshaw 

I agree with the comment on the previous page re any player coming in becomes part of our system, but continuity is priceless. I believe we can/should beat Hawthorn easily but Richmond is another challenge all together, but they are gettable. if Petty is to come in for a block of games until May returns it must start this weekend.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

I agree with the comment on the previous page re any player coming in becomes part of our system, but continuity is priceless. I believe we can/should beat Hawthorn easily but Richmond is another challenge all together, but they are gettable. if Petty is to come in for a block of games until May returns it must start this weekend.

This is where the AFL's thinking is so out of touch.  So at one minute to midnight prior to season starting, it introduces a hitherto untrialled sub.  It is my understanding that initially it was supposed to be for concussion but then it was also ammended to cover all injuries?

Then in it's wisdom, having many months to consider, it allows a delay to the start of the VFL comp.  In many ways a feeder comp for many AFL clubs, where potential replacements for injured players are able to gain fitness and form, until week 6 of the AFL competition.

While i am not surprised with such strange decision making by the AFL any longer is it just me that is perplexed at their ad hoc methods and strange management style?

Edited by Rusty Nails
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jayceebee31 said:

Petty will play, he will need a proper AFL hitout before we take on Richmonds twin towers and we just dont know when May is back.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, daisycutter said:

i wonder how quickly eye socket fractures heal

do they need surgery or is it just a question of rest and heal itself naturally?

I fractured my eye socket in January it took a week from swelling to go completely and around 3 for the fracture to heal.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On 4/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, daisycutter said:

i wonder how quickly eye socket fractures heal

do they need surgery or is it just a question of rest and heal itself naturally?

Depends on how much it is displaced from its normal configuration but also whether one of the muscles that move the eye is trapped. 
So, horses for courses. 

18 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Depends on how much it is displaced from its normal configuration but also whether one of the muscles that move the eye is trapped. 
So, horses for courses. 

Your name is painfully accurate for this topic mono, thanks for the info. 

19 minutes ago, monoccular said:

So, horses for courses. 

yeah i looked up eye orbital fractures

hoping it's just an orbital rim fracture and not some of the other options

as they mentioned 2-4 weeks recovery and no mention of cleanup operations this may be the case

13 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

yeah i looked up eye orbital fractures

hoping it's just an orbital rim fracture and not some of the other options

as they mentioned 2-4 weeks recovery and no mention of cleanup operations this may be the case

Eyes heal very quickly 

Stephen looks human again already 

F0EEDF87-90B4-4205-AFE7-DD2CCAC62EE5.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Pennant St Dee said:

I fractured my eye socket in January it took a week from swelling to go completely and around 3 for the fracture to heal.

you should see the other guy??

• Haha 1

If we can get through this period without May that will speak volumes for our system. 

It's not earth shattering to suggest I think it could cost us the Richmond game at least and maybe even the Sydney game.

I think Petty will be a good intercept defender in time, but I worry that he's too inexperienced for Lynch or Riewoldt and second game back it will be a big challenge.

But I thought we'd lose to Geelong, so what would I know?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Eyes heal very quickly 

Stephen looks human again already 

F0EEDF87-90B4-4205-AFE7-DD2CCAC62EE5.jpeg

Looks like Mayzies other eye has gone out in sympathy!  Alternatively, he has consumed an entire bottle of “liquid sedative”.

FWIW the doctors in my family reckon a minimum of 3 games missed based on their guess that it is a likely a “floor” fracture rather than a “rim” fracture but no firm diagnosis can be made until all of the swelling goes down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProperDee said:

Looks like Mayzies other eye has gone out in sympathy!  Alternatively, he has consumed an entire bottle of “liquid sedative”.

FWIW the doctors in my family reckon a minimum of 3 games missed based on their guess that it is a likely a “floor” fracture rather than a “rim” fracture but no firm diagnosis can be made until all of the swelling goes down.

Lots of Panadiene Forte!!