Farewell Braydon Preuss

buck_nekkid

6 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

I think many of you are underestimating the value of Preuss to GWS who are desperate for a ruck.  He's a starting 22 quality ruck who has been competitive against the best (Grundy this year) and he's contracted which means we've got the whip hand.  Why would we trade him to GWS and not look to get something substantial.  They are not going to get better. And as has been discussed, we are weakening our own ruck situation and having to find a mature back up for Gawn.  Why would we do that for a nothing pick?

I'm hopeful of a good draft pick for him, but having said that, I'm often very wrong with these things.

I’m aware this has been said by others, but If we could somehow turn Preuss, 25 and something else into a 1st rounder, that would be a big win.

2 hours ago, Pulp Fritschon said:

I thought we would wait on trading Preuss until we see what picks GWS have after they ship a few of their players out - Caldwell and Cameron. 

I agree with this. That was my expectation as well.

I've been in meetings and haven't followed the radio but im guessing Trade radio are talking it up as nothing is happening.

We will wait and see.

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Preuss and MFC pick 53 for Giants pick 31. 

Then MFC pick 26 and 31, to be traded to Lions for their pick 19 and a 2021 future 4th round.  

26 and 31 for 14 (WB)  even throw in Hannan or pick 53/68

Take Macrea at 14

Edited by Grimes Times
  • Like 1

I believe Dogs need to use pick 14 and other picks for compensation payment on NGA Janara Ugle Hagen who probably goes pick 1 or 2.  

Lions have 18 and 19 so probably willing to give up 19 to get 26 and 31.  I think we are keen on getting Carroll or Macrae.  

I wonder if our hand has become stronger in the Preuss negotiations after McKernan and Martin have nominated St Kilda and Bulldogs respectively. Mahoney stated on trade radio that we are in the market for a mature ruck/forward for cover but now the market is looking increasingly thin there. We tell GWS he is more valuable to us now as a back up ruck and will make him serve out his contract unless you make it worth our while. We then see how keen GWS are to have a starting 22 ruck or put there faith in mummy for another year.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Nascent said:

I wonder if our hand has become stronger in the Preuss negotiations after McKernan and Martin have nominated St Kilda and Bulldogs respectively. Mahoney stated on trade radio that we are in the market for a mature ruck/forward for cover but now the market is looking increasingly thin there. We tell GWS he is more valuable to us now as a back up ruck and will make him serve out his contract unless you make it worth our while. We then see how keen GWS are to have a starting 22 ruck or put there faith in mummy for another year.

Preuss is worth a lot this year. 
We need a good return 

He has learnt from the Best

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

I think that's way overs for Preuss, so with that in mind, if that's offered to us, we just politely, and as quickly as possible, sign the paperwork, then walk promptly out of the room before we start laughing.

What did we pay for him from North?

15 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

I think that's way overs for Preuss, so with that in mind, if that's offered to us, we just politely, and as quickly as possible, sign the paperwork, then walk promptly out of the room before we start laughing.

Disagree.  There's not many quality ruckmen around.  We would keep him but he only plays when Gawn is injured which is a waste.  The Giants will have plenty of picks after the cameron trade but won't be able o draft in a ready made ruck which is what they need.

• Like 5

That's part of a segment on Trade Radio where they put the hypothetical deal up and ask which club would be more likely to say no. Pretty sure Cal Twomey said GWS would be more likely to say no.  I reckon it's what we optimistically think we could get for Preuss. The actual deal may involve something else thrown into the mix to balance it out. 

Given Preuss is contracted, and leaves us exposed in the ruck if Max goes down, AND GWS are likely competitors for finals and flags, we should be driving a hard bargain, so 31 if they are lucky.

• Like 1

Preuss is clearly capable at the top level. We are likely waiting to see what GWS get on some of their deals. We have been accumulating draft picks so we may offer Pruess and a later pick for a pick in the early 20's if one is available.

We have no option but to trade TMc for whatever we can get. Nightmare scenario we recruit Brown and he cannot recapture his form  and plays Casey with TMc. We would be the laughing stock. 

So we cannot have both on the list. Its different if one of them was in ok top level form.

We are accumulating picks likely to see what players are available on last trading day? Maybe even to trade up on draft night due to all the Academy selections.

In any case we would have a strategy up our sleeve. We still have next years 1st rounder. 

Edited by manny100

46 minutes ago, deelusions from afar said:

Disagree.  There's not many quality ruckmen around.  We would keep him but he only plays when Gawn is injured which is a waste.  The Giants will have plenty of picks after the cameron trade but won't be able o draft in a ready made ruck which is what they need.

This is why there's disagreement.  I don't think Preuss belongs in this category, you obviously do.  For me, he's not a 22 game a year + finals ruckman.  He's a very handy 8-12 game a year ruckman.

35 minutes ago, ChaserJ said:

That's part of a segment on Trade Radio where they put the hypothetical deal up and ask which club would be more likely to say no. Pretty sure Cal Twomey said GWS would be more likely to say no.  I reckon it's what we optimistically think we could get for Preuss. The actual deal may involve something else thrown into the mix to balance it out. 

GWS has Pick 31, 44 and 52.  I would value Preuss at the Pick 40-50 range, so I'd be expecting their Pick 44.  If we can get 31, I'd be absolute surprised, but will happily take it from GWS.