Trade Targets

Flag Favourites 3019

23 minutes ago, cantstandyasam said:

Strange that Harmes would intiate a trade, him being a lifelong supporter

Why? You can have an ideal of what a place is like, it doesnt mean you feel valued by the current incumbents.

On 8/1/2021 at 11:25 AM, spirit of norm smith said:Oliver Florent (swans) exactly the player we need. Smart, great skills and pace to create outside run.  Would have to trade out the Weid and get picks back to make this happen.  He’s a Melbourne boy so a chance if the timing is right. Four year deal and $$$. 

Sorry. Having seen more of Florent, I’d up the offer to 5 year contract.  Unfortunately he’s contracted through to end 2022.  Florent has the pace and excellent skills needed into our midfield.   Predominantly an outside runner who kicks the footy mostly and has high efficiency rate.  At 23, his best footy is still ahead of him. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:19 PM, KingDingAling said:

Wouldn’t mind Polec on a wing. Far better than his current output. This guy can really play. He’s be ideal as a winger if we can land him cheap, and North can foot some of his salary.

Apparently would struggle to pass the “character test”......not a great team-mate from all reports 

I think we should look very hard into Dylan Stephens. He's an outside mid with class and a great combination of speed and endurance shown at the combine. Sydney have a serious salary cap squeeze and I think due to him not getting a regular game at Sydney, his value has dropped significantly in a trade. He has been injured a fair bit and hasn't had a proper crack at it. He is originally from Victoria and still sees himself as a Vic boy at heart. His parents live in Victoria too. 

He is also extremely close with Kozzy and knows Chandler and Sparrow well through playing state football together. Not only is it the class and sublime ball use we need, but it also seems like a great cultural fit. In doing this it will free up Gus to play more of a natural role in the midfield and just do bursts on the wing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Simon Port said:

I think we should look very hard into Dylan Stephens. He's an outside mid with class and a great combination of speed and endurance shown at the combine. Sydney have a serious salary cap squeeze and I think due to him not getting a regular game at Sydney, his value has dropped significantly in a trade. He has been injured a fair bit and hasn't had a proper crack at it. He is originally from Victoria and still sees himself as a Vic boy at heart. His parents live in Victoria too. 

He is also extremely close with Kozzy and knows Chandler and Sparrow well through playing state football together. Not only is it the class and sublime ball use we need, but it also seems like a great cultural fit. In doing this it will free up Gus to play more of a natural role in the midfield and just do bursts on the wing. 

If he's that good why aren't the Swans resigning him? Above all playing him? 
Apparently has a couple of faults in his game and not a great team man if you read some posts. 
Changing Clubs is often the best way to get renewed performance and attitude from young players. 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:54 PM, A F said:

Thanks for that mate. The only thing missing is the contested stuff. What's he like in a contest?

But I'll trust Taylor and co. If they think he's a "Melbourne" type player, go hard for him.

Outside runners are that for a reason snd not great at contests!! That's why they are outsiders!!!!!

Thats what we need another runner with outside skills. 

10 hours ago, Simon Port said:

If JT thinks he is ok then go after him.

9 minutes ago, Redleg said:

If JT thinks he is ok then go after him.

Not entirely sure Jason Taylor and co rated Stephens all that highly. 

I remember a podcast he did with Cal Twomey right before the 2019 draft and he reeled off a bunch of names that were in our sights such as Jackson, Green,  Young, Serong, Ash, Kemp, Weightman and Pickett. Stephens wasn't mentioned nor was there really any talk of the Dees being interested at the time.

Edited by dazzledavey36

The one i am really interested in is Adam Tommlinson, seems like a great guy, and played some good footy before injured, but my gut feel is Petty has gone past him, he looks so good in the AFL side now, 

do we have another role for Tommlinson? could we play all 4 down there given Tommlinsons mobility? 

a player i would be interested in looking at is Tom Lynch from the Crows, i think he'd help inside 50 connection, and be an upgrade on Mitch Brown as a fringe/depth forward, has some leadership qualities and finals experience as well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Not entirely sure Jason Taylor and co rated Stephens all that highly. 

I remember a podcast he did with Cal Twomey right before the 2019 draft and he reeled off a bunch of names that were in our sights such as Jackson, Green,  Young, Serong, Ash, Kemp, Weightman and Pickett. Stephens wasn't mentioned nor was there really any talk of the Dees being interested at the time.

Well I suppose he now has exposed AFL form and while admitting I know very little about him, a few on DL think he could help us with the other wing.

Swans need to reduce their salary cap and he wouldn’t be an expensive trade so as I said, if JT thinks it’s a yes, then go for it.

We clearly need to find another winger and if not him, then  hopefully someone else.

I wonder if my project player Deakyn Smith is a chance and maybe in another season even Rosman. 

7 minutes ago, Dwight Schrute said:

The one i am really interested in is Adam Tommlinson, seems like a great guy, and played some good footy before injured, but my gut feel is Petty has gone past him, he looks so good in the AFL side now, 

do we have another role for Tommlinson? could we play all 4 down there given Tommlinsons mobility? 

a player i would be interested in looking at is Tom Lynch from the Crows, i think he'd help inside 50 connection, and be an upgrade on Mitch Brown as a fringe/depth forward, has some leadership qualities and finals experience as well. 

Was having this same debate with another Melbourne supporter friend of mine.

My argument was that imo Tomlinson is now depth for me. Not only has Petty fitted in the role seamlessly, but his intercept marking and reach has really impressed me alongside his defensive work.

With the consistency of games that Petty has been able to play now I expect this will only give him great confidence heading into next year. A bigger and more fitter Petty excites me.

The other aspect is Tomlinson might not be ready to play come round 1? If we go off the 12 month recovery period then it's fair to say he'll miss first couple of rounds into next season and then have to go through VFL to push his claim once again.

Good depth player to have though.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Simon Port said:

What's your rationale behind Stephens being a great cultural fit?

9 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Was having this same debate with another Melbourne supporter friend of mine.

My argument was that imo Tomlinson is now depth for me. Not only has Petty fitted in the role seamlessly, but his intercept marking and reach has really impressed me alongside his defensive work.

With the consistency of games that Petty has been able to play now I expect this will only give him great confidence heading into next year. A bigger and more fitter Petty excites me.

The other aspect is Tomlinson might not be ready to play come round 1? If we go off the 12 month recovery period then it's fair to say he'll miss first couple of rounds into next season and then have to go through VFL to push his claim once again.

Good depth player to have though.

Agree with that, Pettys Development gives me confidence that in 2-3 years time when Steven May steps away we could potentially have another elite key back to take his place and hopefully keep a premiership window open. 

• Like 2

I'm in the Luke Parker boat.

We would be crazy if the club weren't at least having the discussion. Really think he's exactly what we need to bring something different to our midfield mix.

Would bring experience, leadership and great standards on and off field.

I'd rather my starting midfield as Petracca, Oliver and Parker, instead of Petracca, Oliver and Viney.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I'm in the Luke Parker boat.

We would be crazy if the club weren't at least having the discussion. Really think he's exactly what we need to bring something different to our midfield mix.

Would bring experience, leadership and great standards on and off field.

I'd rather my starting midfield as Petracca, Oliver and Parker, instead of Petracca, Oliver and Viney.

Parker would be an amazing get, but I am not sure he would come cheaply and we have salary cap pressure. Also, why would he leave the Swans?

• Like 3

Would be amazing if Parker even takes a call - seems like a really genuine guy and his loyalty wouldn't leave the Swans. 

The longer this season has gone on for the more I'm really confident in our current list and we don't need a big whale type player. 

I'd much prefer us to scoop up talent at the draft this year and prove to free agents that we're the real deal. 

Good players will want to be a part of successful clubs. 

Hoping we can weave some magic this year in the draft and maybe get overs for Weed if he does decide to leave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Trade Weid (his cards are marked by the looks of it), Petty move forward, Thommo resume his role in defence. 

• Love 1
  • Thinking 1