GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

Josh

Another weekday game, another early start for Josh. -3 at the moment and will get a bit colder before the sun comes up, better go make sure all the pigs are tucked in it's freezing! (Literally)

Feel like we're on a hiding to nothing tonight, win by 10 goals and "it's only Adelaide", and God help us if it goes the other way.

Adelaide will be looking at us as an opportunity, this will require professionalism, fly in get points fly out.

• Like 4

Is it ultimate MFCSS to say I'm starting to get nervous?

• Like 2

If we don't win by 8+ goals, we won't be playing finals, and Goodwin won't see out his contract. Never have we faced the prospect of such a one-sided match-up. If we can't win this comfortably then Goodwin and much of the team can gagf.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, praha said:

If we don't win by 8+ goals, we won't be playing finals, and Goodwin won't see out his contract. Never have we faced the prospect of such a one-sided match-up. If we can't win this comfortably then Goodwin and much of the team can gagf.

If we cant easily beat this team tonight, with an extra 2 days break, all the coaches need to go and all the NQR players.

They did us a favor bringing Tex Walker in, hes a liability these days.

G3bpk3B.png

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

10 minutes ago, Pickett2Jackson said:

If we cant easily beat this team tonight, with an extra 2 days break, all the coaches need to go and all the NQR players.

They did us a favor bringing Tex Walker in, hes a liability these days.

And just like that it's all but certain that Tex will kick a bag.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

it’s a lose lose type affair. We smash them and it’s and as we should moment, we just win or lose and the pressure stays on.

Agree. Which is one reason why I'm not convinced Bartlett's comments were smart as they amplified this factor.

Of course we would have still been under pressure, but Bartlett introduced the spectre of goody getting sacked. Which adds another volatile element to the mix.

The bombers were arguably worse than us. And it is worth remembering that they are way less successful than us in the last 10 years. But copped little heat because the footy media love nothing more than coachs being under the pump and Bartlett served up goody.

As you say any result the pressure needle remains the same whatever the result. And that pressure flows to the roos game.

Forget the score, forget the stats sheet, I would not even look at the stats if I was Goodwin. Go with you footy gut instinst on team and individual performance. Stats tell little of assistance for our midfield. 

Looking for a win, dont care how by how much, with a composed team game and individual improvement in skills and ball movement.

This should be a game to build a solid block of form from. Get the four points. And then move on.

• Like 4

After last week I will take a win against anyone! We should win by 6 goals plus. Will leave us 4-5 and up against another bottom team in north who lost 6 in a row and only beat the crows 

get some cohesion and form back and we could get something out of the season yet

5 minutes ago, Half forward flank said:

Forget the score, forget the stats sheet, I would not even look at the stats if I was Goodwin. Go with you footy gut instinst on team and individual performance. Stats tell little of assistance for our midfield. 

Looking for a win, dont care how by how much, with a composed team game and individual improvement in skills and ball movement.

This should be a game to build a solid block of form from. Get the four points. And then move on.

I wasn’t sure how I felt about this game but after reading this I’m inclined to agree. It is what it is. Not sure how much heat the Crows have been under in SA, they will be desperate to get their first win and make it very difficult for us. 

You can only beat what’s in front of you, to some a win might be papering over the cracks and that may well be true but I’d rather look at it as season alive in this testing year. 

A loss well....we’ll have plenty of time to digest it post game. 

31 minutes ago, binman said:

Agree. Which is one reason why I'm not convinced Bartlett's comments were smart as they amplified this factor.

Of course we would have still been under pressure, but Bartlett introduced the spectre of goody getting sacked. Which adds another volatile element to the mix.

The bombers were arguably worse than us. And it is worth remembering that they are way less successful than us in the last 10 years. But copped little heat because the footy media love nothing more than coachs being under the pump and Bartlett served up goody.

As you say any result the pressure needle remains the same whatever the result. And that pressure flows to the roos game.

Agreed. A rocket like that from the chairman is ok when you have an experienced list that understands their role well and lost their way a bit. A young team still learning, on a journey if you will, spells disaster.

How many of our players think they now have to win the game of their own boot, and try too much. Our young captain is already playing sore, how far will he push himself.

This isn't country footy.

Extremely nervous about tonight.  I'm normally a little nervous anyway, but this is different.

While I don't subscribe to the fact that, if we don't win by 8 goals, we can't play finals or Goodwin won't see out his contract, I'm not so sure we play finals anyway, no matter how much we win by, but then we're 4-5 if we do so we're not out of it yet.

But if we fall over the line then it won't stop the jungle drums from beating.  A win will keep them at bay for the time being, but it won't do much for anyone - not for Goodwin, the players or for us supporters.  We should win this game and win it well, but how many times have we said that over the years for it not to happen?

I'll back us in to win by 6 goals, but I have no real confidence in that prediction.

Edited by Wiseblood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

A winless Crows team with eight changes and two debutants...we’ve got this. Crows by 43 

What could go wrong? Still waiting for the words of wisdom Ethan.

I'm quite liking the midweek game thing. I can pretend it's an away game in the Champions League (or more likely for us an Intertoto Cup game for a place in the first qualifying round of the Europa League). Ideally we'd like to win by a similar margin to the one we lost by against Port to get us over 100% again as well as the 4 points. I'm a little concerned that in dropping Oscar we might be messing with the only part of the team that's being relatively good and stable up to this point but we'll know the answer to that and other things in a few hours I guess. 

Gee I hope we play well and are competetive with fewer turnovers and glaring errors

My wife has ordered me out of the room the last 2 weeks it would be nice to relax and watch a full game

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow what a remarkable scenario !

We are playing a crap winless team who have made 8 changes !

Yet doubts remain !

If we can’t win this game well - especially after being pounded in the media. Then the players, coaches and assorted hangers on should just find a flight back to Melbourne and pack it up.

In fact if we don’t win this well , then we are [censored] and finished as a footy club!

• Sad 1