POST GAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

olisik

Just now, chook fowler said:

It was only for the first quarter after that we were outrun, out-tackled, out-worked and we have managed to kick 13 goals in 2 matches. Not much of an improvement that I can see.

Well... at least we did it for a quarter this week...

7 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

I want a royal commission into our club. Wtf has happened, I mean seriously?!!!

Players that aren't up to it: Jones, Lewis, Petracca, ANB, Spargo, T Mac, O Mac, weid, Brayshaw (possibly the worst decision maker on our list), Hunt, Stretch, Fritsch.

Play the kids, let's go for pick one.

You can't say that, even in jest. The AFL thought police will send you to a Gulag.

1 minute ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Drop Weideman and Tom McDonald. Seriously. Bring in Preuss and Keilty next week. Just to give them a go. Hunt also is gone. No footy brain.  

Hunt does a great impersonation of a headless chook though.  Very entertaining!

8 minutes ago, BrisbaneDemon said:

I’m down next week for my only weekend in Melbourne this year, is there anything exciting happening in Melbourne fellas? Cos there is no way I’m wasting $60 bucks to watch Melbourne jog around not caring or giving a single [censored]......

If the game is terrible there is joint next door on Punt rd which will cheer you up

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow.  

Pathetic execution of skills.   Pathetic.

Easily the worst team in comp at the moment.  by far. 

Well done Maxy.  Thats it.

Season over.

Some fan just interviewed on channel 7 said she feels sorry for the players, the club and the fans.  A couple more losses and we'll be back in that familiar spot of people having pity on us.  What a shame.  A middle aged woman 'feels sorry' for a bunch of young, fit, professional footballers.  Thats where we're at.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

This team has never been able to handle any kind of pressure in a game. We hung in there despite showing no composure and eventually they broke it open. You could see it coming the whole time.

Brayshaw should be dropped for that effort on Riewoldt, needs to be made an example of. 

Weideman was horrific, missed the ball trying to handball it and followed it up with a smothered kick. Finally took a good mark then can't hit a 15 meter kick.

Fritsch has regressed badly, a liability even within this pathetic team.

Hibberd can't hit a target to save himself.

There is no passion in the team, Viney gets cleaned up by a 1st year player with a cheap hit of the line, then Petracca has a chance to make him earn it and puts no body on him a minute later.

Some players need to take payouts or get out, we are the worst team in the comp. 

Trac is a bit soft (would like to be a bit harder than soft) like Fritta, Weid and Hunt. All forwards. Throw in Garlett also. Tigers just brushed them aside and jogged away from them without being touched. Pathetic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Can you please change your name to Petraccattacksomtimes?

More like Petraccafumble, gee whiz, our picks 2&3 are shaping up a lot like Sylvia and McLean. All promise and no delivery, tracc was a better player in his 2nd year than he is now, clearly been Melbournised.

After the first quarter, I thought - we're back! The intensity was up and we looked like we meant business. 

2nd quarter - yep, we can still do it. Players are up for this...lots of mistakes, stupid frees...toigs seem to be at the ready for every spill.

If Vlastuin played for us we might have won - we seemed to pick him out every time.

Last quarter we threw in the towel

Kent Kingsley award to Ellis.

Opp players I'd like to punch award - Costanza

In spite of all the wrist slashing I foresee, we would have won more games than we lost at this point in the season if we played with this intensity from round 1. But yeah - we're slow. Much as I love him, Jones gave the Toigs a lot of opportunities with his turnovers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Richmond has laid 20 more tackles than the Demons, despite winning 30 more disposals. When broken into zones, the Tigers have laid 19 more tackles in their forward half, and lead forward 50 tackles 17 to three.

We are the worst team in the comp, bar none.

Without a shadow of a doubt we are THE WORST TEAM IN THE AFL, it’s embarrassing how inept and weak minded our players are, the forward line is PATHETIC 

• Like 2

@scarlett I think you said in the gameday thread "The jogging after they waltz through our setup hurts from certain players, it wouldnt make any difference to that play, but they could effect another contest"

I thought it was a great point and in particular the underlined. Of course it's not possible for players to be sprinting the whole time, but they fail to see more than what's in front of them or at most 1 play ahead.

It's often what happens two or three plays later that is just as important but by the time our boys realise what's happening it's too late. So they're caught behind that critical 5-10 metres or too slow to react or position for a ground ball get from a spilled marking contest. 

Sounds like we just had so many brain fades today. I seriously question the footy IQ (or IQ in general) of our team. We only know one way and can't adapt when confronted by failure. The perceived pressure rises and confidence drops

Stretch, Hore, Melksham, Smith and McDonald (actually defended well against Lynch) all hold your head up high.

Weideman can take his 650k and [censored] right off. In all seriousness, he is severely out of form. 

Fritsch just absolutely panicks down back. Leave him up forward Goody ffs!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I'm not surprised.  Ling was salivating over the Tigers all night.

Cringeworthy fanboy.

this is going to be a very telling post game interview from goody. 

I want to see him angry. I want to see him irrational. If I have to listen to him telling us that this isn’t our brand and that we will improve I will lose it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leucopogon said:

More like Petraccafumble, gee whiz, our picks 2&3 are shaping up a lot like Sylvia and McLean. All promise and no delivery, tracc was a better player in his 2nd year than he is now, clearly been Melbournised.

He was ok a couple of games this year bit hes like gartlett on or off.