Lewis Out - Tom Sparrow In

goodwindees

16 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Given the conditions and the emergencies available it definitely makes sense. 3 talls and one small on a possibly wet pitch. No brainer. 

I forgot to elaborate - it feels like a strange decision as we have others like Wagner, Stretch and Maynard, for example, who are more ready made players waiting in the wings. 

But, Goody knows best and he has proven that time and time again. So let's hope Sparrow plays well! 

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I forgot to elaborate - it feels like a strange decision as we have others like Wagner, Stretch and Maynard, for example, who are more ready made players waiting in the wings. 

But, Goody knows best and he has proven that time and time again. So let's hope Sparrow plays well! 

Pecking order established. 

• Like 1

So this is definitely confirmed, last training session is normally a 45 min leg turnover on Friday morning, Captains Run, on Wednesday when I said hello to Lewis, he was fine

Just going on Mark Stevens, as he has been right so often, surprised he hasn't used his Demonland identity to confirm

9 minutes ago, goodoil said:

They don't have many talls at all.  

I was counting those over 190cm+ as being 'tall' in slippery conditions:  Ryder, Watts, Westhoff, Marshall, Lycett, Clurey, Bonner, 3 of which are over 196cm or over

I think we have 5 or 6 over 190cm with two at 196 or taller.

Not a big deal, as I was just guessing Ryder might be rested because of the ground conditions and his injury.

I would have thought Oskar Baker would be more ready to debut than Tom, he would give us a bit of extra pace too, but having said that I hope young Sparrow flies high today.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

Hammy in the last session of a 5 month preseason?

You’d be cut

especially as its likely his last season

Hammies are an old man's injury, so would be very unsurprising really.  I'd never done one until my last season, but I was hardly the professional footballer that Lewis is either.

Probably done it at this point as he is priming himself to go full bore in training, where as I could understand if someone of Lewis's age and experience could have been more or less in cruise mode up to this point.

This is a bigger out than many are suggesting. Lewis might run like he has concrete boots on, but he is a good user by foot and is a handy general down back.

I would be lying if I said I knew anything about Tom Sparrow. I wish him the best of luck on debut and hope he can get the job done for us.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, DubDee said:

Hammy in the last session of a 5 month preseason?

You’d be cut

especially as its likely his last season

Better it happens in the last preseason session than 5 minutes into the first game of the season.

Good luck to Tom Sparrow. It’s a great achievement to be breaking into the team this early in the season. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

Seems a strange decision, but if it's going to be a bit wet and slippery, then playing Sparrow makes sense. The FD must really see something in him because, as others have said, he looked a fair bit off the pace through pre-season. 

Hoping that he plays a ripper game and surprises us all. 

Pace, midfield speed.   Teams are going for more leg speed with the new rules,  by the looks of it.  

Lew is slow.   He'll be back for the cats,  I think.   We'll need his General ability

17 minutes ago, TRIGON said:

Maybe Sparrow coming in to help cover for Viney & Jones’s interrupted pre-season preparations?

they should be right. I reckon they might cover Lewis's absence by having Jones spend a bit of time off half back and Sparrow then gets some time in the midfield rotations.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demon Dude said:

they should be right. I reckon they might cover Lewis's absence by having Jones spend a bit of time off half back and Sparrow then gets some time in the midfield rotations.

Perfect time for Jones to play off Half Back 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.