HIBBERD Michael.png Michael Hibberd Collarbone 2-4 Weeks
MELKSHAM Jake.png Jake Melksham Foot 4-6 Weeks
SMITH Joel.png Joel Smith Groin 6-8 Weeks
JETTA Neville.png Neville Jetta Knee 10 Weeks
KOLODJASHNIJ Kade.png Kade Kolodjashnij Concussion TBC
VANDENBERG Aaron.png Aaron vandenBerg Ankle TBC
WALKER Guy.png Guy Walker Shoulder Indefinite
NIETSCHKE Aaron.png Aaron Nietschke Knee Season

Someone needs to cut off the head of whatever evil serpent is lurking around the club i reckon....

97455610c0a9d55e9a582b395e94279b57284f0b_00.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

If Lever is playing for Casey this weekend (like I believe Goody said in his presser) why is he listed as 1-2 still?

disclaimer: I was "working" while listening to Goodwin speak so I may have misheard.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, KingSlayer33 said:

If Lever is playing for Casey this weekend (like I believe Goody said in his presser) why is he listed as 1-2 still?

disclaimer: I was "working" while listening to Goodwin speak so I may have misheard.

I think Demonland's injury is fake news.

Having trouble cut and pasting it but  according to the MFC site at 10:24 am this morning Lever is a test, Hannan in 1 week and Hibberd is two weeks. Unfortunately Melk is 4-5 so no joy there. 

Edited by binman
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, KingSlayer33 said:

That may be in reference to fitness to play senior football.  By the way Goodwin describes it, sounds like he’ll just be making a cameo at Casey this weekend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Unfortunately our depth as been shown up as poor at best, with a few exceptions.  Maybe in part for the exact opposite reasons?

Really?  We have 10 to 15 injuries and we've won our last two games, one against the Hawks who just knocked off the Giants. 

I reckon our depth is doing pretty well. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

so bang on half of what i think of as our 'best 26 man squad' is currently listed as injured...

B: Jetta - May - Hibberd
HB: Salem - Lever - Lewis
😄 Viney - Jones - Brayshaw
HF: Petracca - T Mac - vandenBerg
F: Preuss - Weideman - Melksham
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Harmes
I/c: Hannan - Hunt - Fritsch - J Smith
Emerg: Spargo - Kolodjashnij - Frost - Kennedy Harris

Frost and Hore have been almost our best defenders and you cant find a place for them??

Frost for J Smith 

Hore for Lewis (who is almost done) 

Lockhart, Jeffy ( although hasnt done much still gets in dangerous territory and is only 2-3 Goals away from finding good form) !?

Sorry Whatwhats aywhat respect ur post but needs a rethink!

1 hour ago, binman said:

I think Demonland's injury is fake news.

Having trouble cut and pasting it but  according to the MFC site at 10:24 am this morning Lever is a test, Hannan in 1 week and Hibberd is two weeks. Unfortunately Melk is 4-5 so no joy there. 

Hibberd 2 weeks after Broken collarbone ?? Nar double at least that

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

Really?  We have 10 to 15 injuries and we've won our last two games, one against the Hawks who just knocked off the Giants. 

I reckon our depth is doing pretty well. 

By depth i'm talking about players we could bring in to replace those badly out of form prior to our change of game style from Rnd 7 against the Hawks.  We had to keep playing many of those out of form hoping for a turn around but until the 10 day circuit breaker re-set of game style / structure by Goody & the FD into the Hawks match, you can't say we were doing well surely?

There's still no obvious in form depth player to cover the likes of an out of form T-Mac or Weid. Hibb and Spargo.  We had to bring in Jeffy to hopefully provide some crumbing goal scoring up forward but he's so out of form he still hasn't fired a shot (1 goal in three matches) and who was never in form at VFL level to start with...but very few alternatives.  No direct replacements for an out of form Tracc, ANB (prior to his one solid performance against the Hawks which is hopefully a great sign of a turn around) and a continuing out of form Oscar.   We might have snatched one or two more wins had we had similar depth to the Tiges to replace some of these roles early.  We didn't and went 1 - 5 following that match and in a world of trouble prior to the 10 day break.  The Tiges came in with a very similar injury issue to us....we lost.

We have managed to piece together a vagabond team and change the structure / set ups to prevent the opp sling shoting over the back as per previously on the G, which is working so far.  Most of our mids were in form and have picked up even further since the Richmond game as well.   A credit to them and those that didn't falter or even upped their output on 2018 (eg., Salem, Clarry, Harmes, Frosty, Melk, Hunt, Maxy & JWags).  A credit to Goody & the FD for changing things up and winning the last two backs against the wall.   All good and happy with that.  Just saying, had we had the extra depth to replace 'a few more' of those who were badly out of form earlier in the season we might have done a little better and now be sitting either just in or just outside the eight.

Edited by Rusty Nails

47 minutes ago, Monocology said:

Seriously can we fly out one of those TV evangelists? 

Nah, Eddie will stick with Collingwood.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, picket fence said:

Nah,  its about a 2 week'r...   2 - 3 weeks.

Hibbo's apparently broke clean thru into 3 bits...  so that might make it 3 weeks.

2 weeks would be fairly tough I reckon, with a couple of breaks in the collarbone...  but its plated, so ????

6 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

Someone needs to cut off the head of whatever evil serpent is lurking around the club i reckon....

97455610c0a9d55e9a582b395e94279b57284f0b_00.gif

Is that our very own hero, Marty? 😍 

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Hogan missed just the 2 games with a busted collarbone in 2017. I’ll take their word on that one.

I hope Melksham’s 4-5 weeks is actually 4-5 weeks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Hogan missed just the 2 games with a busted collarbone in 2017. I’ll take their word on that one.

If it changes to 4-6 then it’s the season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dame Gaga said:

Is that our very own hero, Marty? 😍 

Wasn't  that a fabulous finish for a 6 gamer DG!  A rookie that's showing some real impact early.  Very nice prospect  indeed DG and a good news story this year.  Flying under the radar so far too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, DV8 said:

Nah,  its about a 2 week'r...   2 - 3 weeks.

Hibbo's apparently broke clean thru into 3 bits...  so that might make it 3 weeks.

2 weeks would be fairly tough I reckon, with a couple of breaks in the collarbone...  but its plated, so ????

I remember Rob Flower broke one in about round 9 and missed the rest of the season!. Dont think it was plated though, dont think they did that procedure in the 80ts?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monocology said:

How about Dame Edna, Im sure she would be up for it!?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jumping Jack Clennett said:

OMac limped off very gingerly on Sat. night 

Unsure why?  Didn’t seem to get much contact

11 hours ago, Monocology said:

Can't work out whether this means:

1. Bring a TV evangelist to Australia to work some form of miracle cure invoking his imaginary friend; or
  2. Send an Australian-based TV evangelist offshore to remove the curse that person has placed on the club.

Either way, though, sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Unsure why?  Didn’t seem to get much contact

Unsure if this is next level whipping or you genuinely think O Mac’s leg twisting under the tackle didn’t cause him any pain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

4-5 weeks is a rebrand of the old 4-6 week injury which is usually season ending and then causes problems for at least the next season. It's a change that Gary Pert made to stamp his name on our Footy Department and show he means business. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, picket fence said:

I remember Rob Flower broke one in about round 9 and missed the rest of the season!. Dont think it was plated though, dont think they did that procedure in the 80ts?

Yeah, i recall.   I think your right,  about the plating of collarbones,  back then. Its about a two week turnaround these days. but I'm not sure in this case with the collarbone broken clean thru with tow breaks.?

I guess it all depends on the mid section size of the broken part...  how far apart the breaks are.?