Farewell Jesse Hogan

17 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

Wow.  Poor guy.  I hope he has someone who is helping him with his anxiety.

Making poor choices around alcohol may or may not be caused by the anxiety, or even correlated.  I do not know if this is a club imposed ‘sanction’ for his alcohol abuse against club rules, self imposed or negotiated?

No listed return date.  Looks bad.  I wish the young man every success in getting well.

Is this just another public charade...  following his being (asleep) under a table,  at some nightclub in Perth.   Was he blood tested.   Did they find alcohol (cough),  in his system ?

Is this to do with being under the weather at a Sunday morning training,  or is this just another  'Freo  Fib'. !

and now maybe broken ribs ?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-suspend-jesse-hogan-after-poor-alcohol-choices-and-incident-at-pub-20190318-p515a5.html

Edited by DV8

9 hours ago, Demonland said:

Please confine discussion to information released by mainstream sources. Discussion on other incidents circulating will be removed. If those incidents become reported in the mainstream media then you may discuss. Until then moderators have the right to remove such content and it's discussion. Just covering ourselves. 

Oh,,, is there other thoughts circulating.  I had not heard. 

I hope mine isn't infringing, as they were my thoughts alone.

#edit: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-suspend-jesse-hogan-after-poor-alcohol-choices-and-incident-at-pub-20190318-p515a5.html

not sure what other stories there are ?

Edited by DV8

14 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I've not been following his off season, but do we know whether his foot injury has fully and properly resolved?

Huh, foot injury hey.  ???    I've never believed that, but I am pure cynic,  when it comes to AFL media releases.

Jesse looks fit... trimmed down in this image at least so maybe he will get better on-field.

11165234-6824335-image-a-1_1552962911040?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DV8 said:

Huh, foot injury hey.  ???    I've never believed that, but I am pure cynic,  when it comes to AFL media releases.

Jesse looks fit... trimmed down in this image at least so maybe he will get better on-field.

11165234-6824335-image-a-1_1552962911040?

I love the sponsor of the Freo shorts - "Choices"

Fitting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sue said:

I had no idea his brother also had the same problems

What a huge burden...

13 minutes ago, sue said:

Thanks Sue, we struggle to get stuff worth reading up here, that's a reason why we're moving back.

32 minutes ago, sue said:

"...the Demons should not be too self-congratulatory, for one could argue if their environment didn't cause Hogan's issues, it didn't shrink them much either..."

That is a really cheap shot by Jack Niall.

The environment Jesse had:  a few months with Neeld in 2013 then PJ/ Roos/Goodwin/Mahoney.   A greater period of stability our club has not known.  Our culture wasn't great with Neeld but it changed rapidly.

Our club worked really hard to give him time out and protect him and his privacy through injuries and personal/family issues. 

Its a long bow to say our environment contributed - at least he wasn't getting into serious strife.  Who knows, had he stayed his off-season troubles may never have happened here.  Poor form by Niall to not recognise this.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, Nasher said:

Has the date of that video published by The Age been confirmed? If not, it is trash journalism at its worst.

IF not, and if.  Regardless, trash journalism.

37 minutes ago, willmoy said:

Does the Club Doctor of an AFL Club have equal or more responsibility to The Club or the individual?

That is a very easy question.

A doctor's prime responsibility is always to his patient.   That is why I remain absolutely astounded that AHPRA (the "national medical board" in effect) turned a blind eye to Dr Reid during the Essendrug saga.  Astounding head in sand effort in my view.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I am a bit confused on this comment, i feel like the commentary on this board has been nothing but sympathy for Hogan. Only us supporters know what he's dealt with and almost in a way that we can totally understand why he is currently in a bit of a rut..

I hope he gets the help he needs.

Think the mods have done a bit of vacuuming Dazzle, some of the early stuff was off

24 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

"...the Demons should not be too self-congratulatory, for one could argue if their environment didn't cause Hogan's issues, it didn't shrink them much either..."

The environment Jesse had:  a few months with Neeld in 2013 then PJ/ Roos/Goodwin/Mahoney.   A greater period of stability our club has not known.  Our culture wasn't great with Neeld but it changed rapidly.

Our club worked really hard to give him time out and protect him and his privacy through injuries and personal/family issues. 

Its a long bow to say our environment contributed - at least he wasn't getting into serious strife.  Who knows, had he stayed his off-season troubles may never have happened here.  Poor form by Niall to not recognise this.

True.  Or he could have said (with as much evidence) that if Melbourne hadn't provided such a good environment, Hogan might have gone off the rails entirely.  But he chose the cheap shot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flag Favourites 3019 said:

You removed my post last night about a video doing the rounds of Jesse with his pants down and his mouth moving like a pendulum on the basis it was yet to be reported. Well it looks like this morning it now has been by the Age.

https://www.theage.com.au/video/video-sport/video-sports-hq/freemantle-suspend-jesse-hogan-20190318-5chiw.html

Yeah doesn't seem like "alcohol" consumption was the problem.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

So apparently they were the Life Choices supplied by the MFC ?? 

Joke Niall 

• Like 2

My best wishes to Jesse for a speedy recovery. 

At Melbourne he was the one player that inspired our recovery from a dismal side and the one player who first gave us supporters hope that we were on the right path to becoming a AFL force again.

And now, although at another club, I couldn’t be happier than to see him become the true champion that we all aspire him to be.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

So apparently they were the Life Choices supplied by the MFC ?? 

Joke Niall 

Journo's today try to pour scorn and blame on everyone and anyone when things hit the fan, yet they sift through peoples garbage bins to try and find fault to report on whether meaningful or not, without thought or consequence to the well being and reputation of people involved, which probably is half the reason some of these blokes go off the rails!

I was thinking Jerk Niall, but yeah he is also a joke, like 95% of the football media flogs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

And to drill a bit deeper, I wonder if it's also a story, within those clubs, of two coaches? One who has recruited Andrew Lovett, Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan.

And one who let go Watts and Hogan

Next to Richo, probably the worst overt body language in a footballer I have seen.  Never salivated over him, unlike many here.  Has special talents, but will never be the complete footballer IMO.  The gap between his best and his worst footy will always be massive.

As far as reported mental illness goes, I reckon (no stats or facts for a change), a third might be bonefide.  A third have massive resilience issues; and the other third are looking for a cop-out.

When prominent people stuff up in the modern era, mental illness is invariably connected.  I don't doubt mental illness exists, but it has been used too conveniently as a get out of jail card....for those that stuff up, and those that have no resilience.

Resilience must be indirectly related to CO2 in the atmosphere and smashed avocado.  Our ancestors would eat us for dinner.

pTGR (Gen X)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

And to drill a bit deeper, I wonder if it's also a story, within those clubs, of two coaches? One who has recruited Andrew Lovett, Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan. And one who hasn't. 

and let's not forget all the drama of cam mccarthy standing out for a year to get to the wanchors only to fizzle on the field since

3 minutes ago, TGR said:

Next to Richo, probably the worst overt body language in a footballer I have seen.  Never salivated over him, unlike many here.  Has special talents, but will never be the complete footballer IMO.  The gap between his best and his worst footy will always be massive.

As far as reported mental illness goes, I reckon (no stats or facts for a change), a third might be bonefide.  A third have massive resilience issues; and the other third are looking for a cop-out.

When prominent people stuff up in the modern era, mental illness is invariably connected.  I don't doubt mental illness exists, but it has been used too conveniently as a get out of jail card....for those that stuff up, and those that have no resilience.

Resilience must be indirectly related to CO2 in the atmosphere and smashed avocado.  Our ancestors would eat us for dinner.

pTGR (Gen X)

Seriously?

It was a strange cheap shot from Niall, given the club has been nothing but supportive over his time at Melbourne and there have been few incidents that have been picked up by the media to the negative of him as a Demon you would very easily argue that we had in fact been the ones helping him keep some of his demons at bay. 

Poor editorial comment and based on nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, TGR said:

pTGR (Gen X)

spot on,get on the [censored] ,party party party,oh no caught out,play the mental health card

• Like 1