Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

25 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

i guess thats good. but considering pick 5 and 6 won't happen we will still have to wait for free to trade to get a pick in the teens so we are still ages away

Picks 5 & 6, or NO DEAL.

For Hogan,,, and a face-saver future 2019 2nd Rnd pick.

38 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Movement at the station:

SEN reporting that Neale deal will get done with 2018 #5 and #32 from the Lions.

Hopefully, just a matter of time now!

Edit:  not suggesting we accept those for Jessie, see them as a starting point.

Would Freo do a deal to trade out Neale without simultaneously doing a deal to trade Jesse in? Why trade out Neale without getting some candy in return to sell hope to the members??

maybe the deal was leaked by Brisbane and now it puts the pressure back on Freo to secure Hogan if they are losing Neale. 

Interesting times indeed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We don’t have to get used to anything. 

Hogan can play for the MFC next year

Freo can get f$&@d

Do not bend over. 

I did give both of the choices for us to get used to. We either accept that Freo aren't going to sell the farm for Hogan or we keep Hogan and go through another year of speculation and then possibly lose him for less next year.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Of course not and didn't mean to imply such!  Just a starting point. Mahoney asked for high end picks.  Can't bend over to 1 high pick and late 2nd round pick. 

#5 and a pick in the 8-14 range (2018 or 2019) +/- later pick trade, Freo favour.

Didn't mean to imply you did. Just piggybacking off that 'news'

Well...the 5 is a start. I noted elsewhere there most likely be something with it ( of course )

I still lean to a player. Intriguing.

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

I just cannot see us getting this despite us all wanting this.

Freo will not give us this particularly with Lobb in their sights.

If we don't budge on this point then I think Freo will take their chances next year going head to head with the Eagles.

We're going to have to get used to either taking a first rounder and a player/later pick or Jesse staying for the year and then leaving us next year when we'll get less.

I think we set somewhat of a precedence last year when giving up 2 x first rounders for Lever.

Personally, if a trade is to take place, I can see;

Out; Hogan

In; Pick 6 (2018 - presuming they get that for Neale), 2019 1st Round

I would then try and trade our 2019 1st Round pick to Gold Coast for May (would require a combination of other picks too, possibly including our 2nd Round pick this year).  Means we will keep Pick 6 for this year, and then have Freo's 1st pick next year (Pick 1 hopefully, but realistically 2-8).

• Like 2

Ha ha ha, would be quite hilarious if Freo baulked and Jessie stays here where he is loved and appreciated so well by all (just as soon as this thread is deleted).

I can see it now, Hogan to stay with Melbourne, declares "Fremantle have shown they aren't going anywhere, so I'm not going anywhere near them'".

The way it is starting to sound, Peter Bell seems to think that the motto 'act like a champion to become a champion' includes expecting players to come to your club on favourable terms as if you are a well-run unified premiership contender. Which is fine if you are any of those things, but they aren't, so just look silly and insulting.

Next Hogan quote "I'm staying with Melbourne, where I have close bonds, where I'm wanted, and where I'll be part of a well-run unified premiership contender".

And finally "I have a lot of respect for Matthew Richardson but I don't want to emulate his career"

How about if Freo dont want to cough up this year that's fine, they can have Hogan for pick 5 and we can accept their 2019 1st Round & 2nd round picks. 

So they can still do their business for Rory Lobb @ pick 6.

They will still be turd next year and we possibly get picks close range 4 to 7 and low 20's. 

Then we can hold Port to ransom for pick 5.

Edited by Win4theAges

A "tele-prompter error" reminds me of the old "computer error" excuse.   

I am impressed that AI has now got so advanced in tele-prompters that the device is deducing the news in advance of it happening.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

i just want to get rid of Hogan. Grossly overrated and doing well without him has been no coincidence. Trade him for may and be done with it and win the flag next year.

Ironic since getting Hogan to the club was the only positive thing your Avatar sake did for the club.

You good doctor are the gift that keeps giving. 

• Like 1

So we get 5 and something else for Hogan and waste pick 5 on May. I just don't get it. Make em pay 5 and 6 or next years 1st rounder instead of six. If not they can ge% ^%$#$%. Use 5 on best suited vic in draft not on May.

4 minutes ago, dl4e said:

So we get 5 and something else for Hogan and waste pick 5 on May. I just don't get it. Make em pay 5 and 6 or next years 1st rounder instead of six. If not they can ge% ^%$#$%. Use 5 on best suited vic in draft not on May.

one would need to be desperate to pay pick 5 for May... he comes free next year

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 4