Post Match Discussion - Semi Final

Wollongong Demon

1 minute ago, Demon Head said:

Anyone think the pre match stuff presented by Hawthorn was utter crap?

The compere’s performance  was very ordinary compared with Robbo’s class.

And it featured that sniping [censored] Michael Osborne...no wonder even Hawk fans couldn't muster any enthusiasm. Osborne was always code for cheating, backhanding hack. 

1 minute ago, sc93 said:

Was there last night and couldn't believe the support for the boys. Hawthorn have won 4 premierships in 10 years 80k members and I reckon the crowd was 70% Melbourne supporters. Loved it! So much for the Hawthorn 'fairthful'

What about the "family club" that has more poker machines than any other club. How does that work?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Demon Head said:

Have to agree...the announcer was crap...especially when he was going on about the latecomers coming in with drinks and the gracious Hawthorn supporters having to stand and let them get to their seats.

• Like 1

Just now, Rocknroll said:

Loving the oliver hate from other team supporters ....they are just catching on to just how good he is

I love the hate I have waited twelve long years to be hated and not pitied. 

Keep the hate coming. I really looking forward to arrogance hating!

• Like 3

Oliver will drive opposition supporters nuts for the next decade. Kid is a dead set troll but also an absolute gun. I’d say he’s close to the best mid going around at the minute behind maybe only Cripps 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Typical Sydney Sheila.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Demon Head said:

Agree. The volume was far too loud (reminiscent of the Meatloaf fiasco) and I was disappointed they didn’t fire one of their free Hawks T shirts in my direction because I was feeling lucky.

• Like 1

What a win!  A couple of observations:

We didn’t actually play that well in the first quarter/half.  To be beaten in the contested ball and clearances was really not a good sign. 

The strategy seemed to be ‘let them mark, but slow them down to about 80m out.  Absolutely win the next contest.  This is why they had more inside 50s, but our backline was awesome.

That Frosty torpedo to TMac goal was an absolute gem.

Have hawks ‘acquaintences’ that were as certain the umpiring favoured us as much as I thought it favoured them.  Some shockers both ways.

We absorbed their pressure in the last, and it is a real sign of maturity in the group that they keep at their system, absorbed the pressure and smashed it out of the park.

Still left a bit in the tank I thought for most of the night, skill wise.  We have improvement in us.

And a note on barcodes:  If I give someone a barcode, then there is nothing stopping them also having it for the following week (it is the same number) if they get on Ticketek before me (and stopping me going).  I paid a bucketload over the past 20+ years to be a member of this club, and I am treating my barcodes like PIN numbers right now.

• Like 3

Bit of credit for Jordan Lewis. Came into the middle often off the square and became a reliable link in each chain. Wanted to see him in there in the big moments all year as i still think he has plenty of  fighting spirit to give like in his hawthorn midfield years. Loved his bump on worpell. HE stepped up and contributed when needed. Hope we see him in there next week often with pig and jetts and the rest very steady down back

Edited by johndemonic
  • Like 6

Had to get the win at Adelaide.  Got it.

Had to get the win in Perth.  Got it.

Beat up GWS.

Had to beat Geelong.  We got it.

Last night.  We got it.

What is certain is that we now know how to win.  We know what it takes.  Thanks to all the red and blue faithful that got there and rode us home. 

A prelim!!!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Twice in the past month Melksham has put in ripper last quarters to save the game for us. As I thought before the game, the Hawks were going to rough up a few of our guns but it didn’t work. Their keeping’s off game also failed. Geelong and GWS tried it also. I hope WC also go for it. Our defence is finally looking far more settled and tight. Conceded 10 goals or less in past three rounds.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

What a win!  A couple of observations:

We didn’t actually play that well in the first quarter/half.  To be beaten in the contested ball and clearances was really not a good sign. 

The strategy seemed to be ‘let them mark, but slow them down to about 80m out.  Absolutely win the next contest.  This is why they had more inside 50s, but our backline was awesome.

That Frosty torpedo to TMac goal was an absolute gem.

Have hawks ‘acquaintences’ that were as certain the umpiring favoured us as much as I thought it favoured them.  Some shockers both ways.

We absorbed their pressure in the last, and it is a real sign of maturity in the group that they keep at their system, absorbed the pressure and smashed it out of the park.

Still left a bit in the tank I thought for most of the night, skill wise.  We have improvement in us.

And a note on barcodes:  If I give someone a barcode, then there is nothing stopping them also having it for the following week (it is the same number) if they get on Ticketek before me (and stopping me going).  I paid a bucketload over the past 20+ years to be a member of this club, and I am treating my barcodes like PIN numbers right now.

after the gf ballot applications are done would it be secure to share the barcodes?

BT was so annoying on the commentary. He was almost trying to put the commentator curse on us at key parts of the game. I think that he is a secret Hawthorn fan. He just loves to talk about Big Boy Mcevoy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, —coach— said:

Calling all Spargo haters, all Spargo haters, please step forward.

Hmmm, where have you all gone???

Not sure too many have hated on Spargo. Just suggested he was raw and/or tired...

12 minutes ago, frankie_d said:

Some chat about Oliver being "looked at" for flopping. I was there but didn't see it. Any thoughts?

The free-kick reversal, Mitchell shirtfronted him.. not sure how Oliver is supposed to keep his feet when he is flat footed. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2