GAMEDAY - Elimination Final

7 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Just saw Mitch Hannan at my local cafe enjoying a coffee. Looking very relaxed. Now I'm worried ?

No.... that's good 

• Like 1

I am so glad to go and watch the dees play finals again. Still have clear memories of the Northey and Daniher years and how making the finals started to not count for much until you have won the cup. And we didn't. 

After 12 years the excitement is back but a flag is really what I want to see. As for tonites game may as well toss a coin. Really want to play the hawks next week and kick their a$%e.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Drive there, train home (if we win) or drive home (if we lose).

The freeway would be pretty hairy driving on four slashed tyres (if you left the dees scarves hanging out the window today)

• Like 1

We lost the first game this year against the Cats  because Gawn could not kick straight from 25 metres out. We lost the second after the siren because we were hopeless at defending for the last ten minutes.

So what tonight?

Dees by 1 why? no idea just hoping it is our turn.

Edited by old dee
  • Haha 1

Any doubts about the inclusion of Viney were dispelled for me last night watching the game between Richmond & Hawthorn. Richmond 's pressure was relentless and ultimately is what gets them over the line most weeks. They just run harder and pressure for longer. I hope our players were watching that game and took note of what it is going to take to win finals footy. JV helps give us an added dimension of ferocity at the ball and opponent probably above any other player on our list or indeed player in the comp could. I'm really starting to look forward to seeing what we dish up to the Cat's tonight. We've been better than them twice already this year, hope we will be 100% switched on from the first bounce and put them away. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, old dee said:

We lost the first game this year against the Cats  because Gawn could not kick straight from 25 metres out. We lost the second after the siren because we were hopeless at defending for the last ten minutes.

So what tonight?

Dees by 1 why? no idea just hoping it is our turn.

Ever the eternal optimist OD ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I have a feeling Viney is going to run through and flatten one of the holy-wankers at the first bounce. I can feel it in my plums. 

• Like 1

OK I am incredibly nervous. I know we should win tonight. If we play the brand of the last 2 games, we win easily IMO. 

I feel like the walls in my office are closing in on me. I need to get out of here, drink beer, and prepare myself for the most important game I have seen us play since I was 13 years old (our last grand final). 

GO YOU GOOD THINGS DEE'S!!!!!!

• Like 2

Scott has made late team changes in most games this year. 

I noticed Zac Smith is an emergency.  Scott is as sneaky as they come so wouldn't be surprised to see Smith in for Abbott  - just to throw Max and our preparation.

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I noticed Zac Smith is an emergency.  Scott is as sneaky as they come so wouldn't be surprised to see Smith in for Abbott  - just to throw Max and our preparation.

You don't think the FD have thought of this stuff...seriously??

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Max will beat anyone tonight ;)