Sam Weideman

Pates

3 minutes ago, DV8 said:

If Jesse was to play high Half-forward/Mid, he could afford to lose 6 Kgs IMV,  which be better on his leg joints.  And he would be an absolute wrecking ball like this,  thru the midfield...  where he suited, thru the fat part of the ground.

Needs to do what Gawn did last preseason.

He wont lose any strength, but he will be a lot more durable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, juzzk1d said:

I can't believe how good Sam was. Absolutely insane. 3 goals, 24 disposals, 7 marks, 3 contested, 2 marks inside 50, 4 tackles, 2 clearances 70% disposal efficiency.

I knew he had talent, but for him to rise to the occasion in an elimination finals game, and be one of our best is so awesome for Weed's momentum and confidence going forward. So excited to see how he develops further. Not sure how we fit all of Weed + Hogan + Tmac into the side. 

He's no whathisface, that's for sure.

He likes to get involved, get touch, and he can kick like a mule.

I've got his Nick-Name...  >>>   Sam  'Sue'  Weideman.

• Like 1

Really really happy for Weid what a Game what a Statement, 3 critical goals and that tackle on Dangermouse was the icing on the cake.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Supermercado said:

I'd be making sure because his value to other clubs will have gone off the charts in the last few weeks.

I can hear Eddie Mcguire crying from here, missed out on the grandson of one of their greats in our Weeeeed, and also the young kid at the dogs as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

Great game by weid, so happy to see it, especially loved his aggression.

But to say we can’t fit all of him, hogan and tmac is short sighted in my opinion,

just because the tigers are going well with mainly smaller forwards, doesn’t mean everyone else has too!!

the game changes and develops, and new trends come and go. You just play your style and tactics and if we start the new trend of playing 3 mobile talls, and win a flag, then I guarantee everyone else will Start to ask why shouldn’t we play 3 talls.

Yok.   Maybe for a change WE could be the trendsetters....and Weed, Tom and Hogan are very good below their knees, very athletic for their sizes. 

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

anyone suggesting hogan being traded needs their head read

mobile forwards don't grow on trees and we have not one, not two, but THREE of em!

All very mobile, all can relieve ruck ...... and whence Bull Smith? 

4 hours ago, Danelska said:

Truth be told, I squibbed it and turned off the 3rd quarter... did this happen in the third? 

Also, a few reports of Jetta v Danger... were some of those one on ones in the third??

Thats OK Danelska.

I cooked while watching/listening. such is the roller coaster we've all been on over the past, up to 50+ years for some here.

I hope CH-7 repeat the game in full, from the Pre-Game music intro, so I can record it and watch it again. 

Because I missed part of the pre-game, and I was recording 'the Melb Storm' as well, and missed the last part of both games,,, as the recorder ran out of space.   With having the Perth game and last weeks,  still saved in the recorder.

Please Ch-7__  replay the match in full, late in the night, so we can all relive the moment.

5 minutes ago, Hampton 22 said:

‘Mr September’!

As a sixty year Demon fan I never ever thought back in my youth that I could even be happy for a Weed to play well anytime, especially in September.

• Like 7

He stood up big time the past few weeks and especially last night. That was a break out game. He’s always showed he could become a threat in the air and was already one of the most aggressive tacklers on the list. Last night he put it all together. Always knew he’d make it, and now it’s onwards and upwards! Weiiiidddddd!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Supermercado said:

If I was his manager I wouldn't let him get stuck in the VFL for half of next year after his performances of the last three weeks.

He's contracted till next year so we're only let him go if we are happy too and the price is right. 

The best part about his last three weeks is that anyone who wants him is going to have to pay because he is a pick 9 showing he will make it: his value is therefore at least pick 9, and personally i think higher. A month ago that value was harder to argue on exposed form. 

I think we'll reflect and decide on what we want to do with the three talls next year and beyond. If we think it can and will work we will hold on to him.  If we think it won't work, we'll decide who we're will get the best value from keeping/trading and go from there. 

Weid will be super important to give Gawn a chop out or a week off and help him look after his body, and I think that's how we'll fit them all in: a ruck, 2 KPFs and a ruck/forward on the bench. The real advantage is that both Hogan and TMac are mobile enough to push up the ground meaning we won't lose too much run. 

Gawn is 27, TMac 26, Hogan 23.5, Weid 21. That age spread is perfect for us if we can keep them together, enabling is to replenish slowly. So we'd be silly not to try and hold them together.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, deanox said:

He's contracted till next year so we're only let him go if we are happy too and the price is right. 

The best part about his last three weeks is that anyone who wants him is going to have to pay because he is a pick 9 showing he will make it: his value is therefore at least pick 9, and personally i think higher. A month ago that value was harder to argue on exposed form. 

I think we'll reflect and decide on what we want to do with the three talls next year and beyond. If we think it can and will work we will hold on to him.  If we think it won't work, we'll decide who we're will get the best value from keeping/trading and go from there. 

Weid will be super important to give Gawn a chop out or a week off and help him look after his body, and I think that's how we'll fit them all in: a ruck, 2 KPFs and a ruck/forward on the bench. The real advantage is that both Hogan and TMac are mobile enough to push up the ground meaning we won't lose too much run. 

Gawn is 27, TMac 26, Hogan 23.5, Weid 21. That age spread is perfect for us if we can keep them together, enabling is to replenish slowly. So we'd be silly not to try and hold them together.

Weide, can be our Paddy Ryder type.

How good was Weid!! These KPP types can have these moments. I look to Tom Hawkins in the 2011 grand final or Tom Boyd in 2016 as massive examples.

Weid gives us another aerial threat on the wings now. No longer are we getting slaughtered in the air!

• Like 1

The "Weed" call is already one of those things people are going to look forward to doing when they go to games. Shades of Ang Christou's "Woof" when he kicked it, and Yze's "Ooooze"....

• Like 2

Only one slight criticism of Weed's game. When he took that mark in the goal square with under 6 mins to go he shouldn't have played on. He had a chance to waste 30 seconds which just may have been needed if the cats got a run on from their 2 quick goals afterwards.  Unlikely but not impossible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FarNorthernD said:

Love the low rumbling crowd "Weeeeeeeeeeeeed" that has spontaneously started up. 

Took the kids to the toilet at qr time just after he kicked the goal after the siren.
Pumped up demon supporters had the low rumbling "Weeeeed" call going the tunnels around the food halls etc.
Great stuff.

The joint was alight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr.D said:

its not hogans talent, its his attitude. weideman is far better for our team dynamic. people are naive if they think that its coincidence we are playing our best footy as soon as hogan left the team. 

It's worth reminding people that there might be more to coincidence than meets the eye. While you might be right, as this chart shows causality doesn't always correlate with outcomes:

image.thumb.png.b4de56df804f7f1e7190916145bb8a66.png

• Haha 1